1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Does a Regigigas live in the Kalos region somewhere, or did it use to roam the Kalos region?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Ok so most likely a lot of you have not seen this but I have thought of this conspiracy like months ago when this one Pokémon Card was revealed
    This is the Phantom Gate Regigigas:
    [​IMG]

Notice anything? That's right Regigigas is grabbing the route 9 sign from X and Y. Now you may ask where is route 9?

[​IMG]

Pretty cool right? So here is my theory. Either Regigigas lives somewhere around route 9 (or deep within the caves of route 9) Or this Pokémon card is explaining how Route 9 got so rugged, how Regigigas once walked across this route.

This is honestly a very cool reference, and sure usually we never see any sort of tie in with the cards and games, but this one is just one I feel is just a small little Easter egg. What do you guys think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    You know, I actually like your theory about the route being so rugged because of Reggigigas walking across it, but I think that it is most likely just an Easter Egg that the card designers put on the card as a shout-out to the new region. Who knows though, maybe if they make a Pokémon Z there might be some little bit of lore behind Reggigigas and Route 9 and you can catch a Reggigigas in Z by bringing the three Regis from OR/AS to a certain place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sohrob101 likes this.
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    It seems like they might have done this on purpose and because we can't enter most of the power plant, I think it's definitely possible that Regigigas is hiding in there somewhere.

Edit: Now that I'm finally awake again xD I see that I kinda messed up. It could've indeed caused the destruction on route 9 and it might be hiding in the power plant now or something xD

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Okay, so here's my theory:

On a sunny day, most likely a Thursday, a certain Pokémon called Regigigas appeared on Route 9. He didn't really come from anywhere, he just appeared there. The nearby Hikers were of couse astounded by this sight, and they immediately informed the local news. Within minutes, the entire Pokémon world would know about the appearance of the legendary Pokémon. Regigigas didn't like all the attention he was getting, so he decided to go for a walk. With every step he took, the earth rumbled, and his colossal feet left huge footprints on the ground. Meanwhile, all the way in Kanto, Pokémaniac Bill also heard about the news. Being the nerd he is, he immediately got into his personal helicopter (which he stole from Cynthia), and flew over to Route 9. As soon as he stepped out of his helicopter, the sun was blocked off by something massive. Bill looked up, and saw the massive Pokémon standing right in front of him. He didn't hesitate, and grabbed his PokéCatching Device, pointed it at Regigigas, and fired it off. Unfortunately, in all of his excitement, he accidentally grabbed his PokéTransforming Device instead, and turned Regigigas into a simple Rhyhorn...

And that is why Route 9 is all rugged, and why there's a Rhyhorn there as well. :D

(I have way too much spare time)

Titus Angus and Pari like this.
  5. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I like Astral's theory. xD

But I also like the one where it's so rugged because of it walking across it, that one's cool too. But I think it's just an Easter egg.

6. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Makes sense, though I wonder how Regigigas got to Kalos xD

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I was kinda disappointed we've yet to see this Pokémon appear in Generation 6. I really hope we will get a chance to see him in OR/AS as he is a glorious beast!

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really want Regigigas to be in the Kalos region. It could be that the Regi was a servant in the king of Kalos's home with it being the Royal Giant.

9. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    @[member="AstralDragon"] - That's a great theory! :D

Regigigas would be awesome in Kalos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.