1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Does ORAS feel too easy?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sachi-Shimazu, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    So, I've been playing through ORAS and this is really bugging me. It feels like they have simplified the game from the original. The Exp. Share makes everything easy as hell, but then there are other factors that make it easier compared to the originals.

The main thing is that each gym leader seems to have one less Pokémon. Most of the time this hasn't felt to bad, Roxanne and Brawly both had their most powerful Pokémon from the first game. Then I got to Wattson and his strongest Pokémon, Manetric, wasn't in his party. This really bugged me, he was more of a pushover without that Manetric. And there have been fewer battles around the place, and the amount of potential double battles has been reduced compared to Emerald... It's really bugging me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Scriffignano

Scriffignano PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    While I do believe that the game is easier and maybe a bit too easy now that they added the EXP share, you also have a choice on whether or not you are going to use it. That there gives you control over the difficulty of the game. I only turn it on is when I have a Pokémon that needs to play catch up with the rest of my team.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I don't really mind Pokémon games being too easy, but yes, I've been having an extremely effortless time. And mind you, I've kept the Exp Share off the majority of my playthrough. (I only had it on for a little while after receiving it, to stabilize my team a bit.)

I mean, I wrecked Brawly with a Poochyena, for goodness sake. I have had literally 0 difficulty. I've only had a Pokémon faint a grand total of once, I kid you not, and that was being careless while grinding.

Nonetheless, it hasn't really impacted my enjoyment of the game, at least not yet. If I breeze by the entire game this easily, I will be a bit disappointed. But for now, it personally hasn't felt like a big deal.

4. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I've been having trouble with ORAS lol, probably because my team isn't trained all that well. It can be challenging, if you use certain Pokémon and non-event ones, but maybe that is just me. I've been enjoying this game <3 I love it!

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I can agree...the gym leaders were borderline pathetic, and it just didn't feel right. I'm hoping maybe these will feel more of a challenge when I do a nuzlocke but I don't know, to be honest.

I haven't gotten to the E4 yet but I have a bad feeling they're going to be pretty easy. Ah well, this game is for children and I think sometimes the game can have it's challenges, but mainly with NPC's. (Does your rival REALLY need to heal you all the time though?!)

6. Glaiceana

Glaiceana School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Yeah I'd switch the Exp Share off. Also, the gym leaders get more difficult each time you challenge them, from what I've heard.

7. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'm not far into the game, but Rustboro gym was WAY easier than in the originals.

8. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I haven't used the Exp. Share at all throughout the game, but so far the Gym Leaders have still been pretty easy. But when it comes to trainers, I have been finding myself going back to the Pokémon Center (or other healing spots) rather often.

9. Sarge the Umbreon

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    >I start Pokémon OR on my 3DS
    >choose Mudkip as my starter
    >play through the game myself
    >2 out of 8 gym leaders get rekt
    >mfw because it was easy when I leveled up a lot before taking on gym leaders

Guess that was just like every other Pokémon game I've played before lol.

10. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    It's the same thing as what was said about Pokémon X and Y, the games appear to be too easy. But as experienced Pokémon players, the games are bound to be easy. You really shouldn't expect to find a challenge in these games, seriously. Before you start your game, you already had a well thought-out team, including moves and type coverage against anything, so that you won't be faced with a big surprise at any point throughout the games. The games may seem to be too easy, but maybe it's just us having too high expectations about the games.

Now, I may be completely wrong on this. Maybe the games are incredibly easy, even from the perspective I just mentioned. I have yet to play the games myself, so I honestly can't judge at that aspect.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Except a lot of us didn't do this, including me...I just went with whatever Pokes I found. It WAS too easy - it's hard for you to say all of this since you haven't played and don't have a proper judgement.

It doesn't matter if our expectations were high because even children would have a very easy time with this. It doesn't take away from the quality but there is no denying that this and X/Y were easy, even for VERY young children. If you think children will find this hard then you're underestimating the young mind.

LostSpirit likes this.
  12. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    It does feel a bit too easy for me as well. With the Exp. Share given to you so early in the game and with Brendan(or May) healing your team and automatically walking(more like teleporting) you to certain necessary locations, it seems like the protagonist is being babied more than ever. Even the whole process of getting Latias/Latios seemed way too easy as all you had to do was beat a pathetic aqua admin and a grunt while being teamed up with Steven's metang. Not only do you get a legendary without having to go through the difficulty of capturing it, but it even came with a mega stone. Mega lucario I can understand in XY, but a free mega latias/latios, that's just too much, and it lowers the value and rarity of the two Eon Legendaries. All the Gym leaders also seem to be off their game as well, as for most of them I was able to sweep with no issues.

LostSpirit likes this.
  13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    ORAS did feel super easy in my opinion. I barely had trouble with the gym leaders and it seemed likes their AI's were dumbed down. The puzzles weren't as hard (for example, Brawly's gym isn't completely dark) and victory road seems extremely short as you only basically had to use only 4 HMs tops.
    The fact that your rival would always heal you and teleport you to different areas made the game really quick to go through.
    However, I did enjoy the game nevertheless, despite how fast I went through it, I just wish the difficulty was amped up a bit.

14. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I used to have all sorts of troubles with Brawly and Wattson. I didn't encounter any problems this time around in Hoenn. I think that Pokémon has become more of a game that anybody of any age can easily beat.

15. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,680.3
    My .02 so far:

I actually struggled with Roxanne (took me four tries to beat her), but Brawly was cake (it helped I had three types he was weak against) I have since arrived in Mauville, but I haven't taken on Wattson yet--he was pretty easy from my experiences in the original Sapphire and Emerald, so I think I can beat him here.

Do I think the game is too easy? Not really--there are still some trainers I have struggled against, even with the Exp. Share

Update: Wattson took me three tries to defeat

16. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I beat the second gym with a Magikarp. That's pretty pathetic XD

17. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I haven't beaten the game yet but so far I found the game very easy. I think it has something to do with the EXP share and how the first three gym leaders are so close leveled to the point that it made it easier to beat the heck out of them. For starters I'm only up to the third gym leader but when I was about to fight the 2nd gym leader, I was expecting him to be a lot tougher then the first gym. I literally almost destroyed him with one Pokémon despite me starting off with a Mudkip I was planning on destroying him with Pikachu since I was leveling it up but in the end I ended up using both of my Pokémon. Despite this I leveled up my Pokémon around level 20 since normally 2nd gym leaders are around this range but instead his Pokémon were roughly around the same level as the first gym leader: 14 and 16 while the first gym was: 12 & 14. I was leveling up a little more so I can get ready to fight Wattson but his Pokémon are at 19 & 21. I feel this was a huge disappointment. I wish the leveling were far apart then being so close to each other. Heck BW and BW2 had longer leveling range. Knowing this I'm certain that the rest of the game would be fairly easy to beat.

18. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    From what I've seen OR/AS is really easy IF you use the EXP Share. But I heard that if you turn it off your levels are perfect. Just turn the EXP Share off if the game seemed too easy.

19. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Actually, they're using the EXACT SAME TEAMS the Gym Leaders had in RS. Wattson did not have a Manectric in RS, Roxanne only had two Pokémon, etc. Remember these are RS remakes, not Emerald ones.

That being said, since they were given the same teams they had in RS, I wish they were made more difficult. All of the Gym Leaders have been goddamn pushovers so far; I even took down Wattson using nothing but an underleveled Milotic, for Arceus's sake.

20. BlottoGoggles

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.4
    It's very easy with the EXP share on, I heard it's a lot more difficult with it off. Really disappointed with the Gym leaders in ORAS as well as in XY. I know you can turn the EXP share OFF but i'd rather Gamefreak have Legendary difficulty, Master difficulty, Trainer Difficulty, Easy Difficulty. ETC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.