1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Does ORAS feel too easy?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sachi-Shimazu, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I've only just defeated Wattson but yeah, so far the challenge has been nonexistent. Though I admit that's usually what I expect when going into a new main series Pokémon game but it still feels insanely easy so far, especially in comparison to some of the more difficult Pokémon games (D/P/Pt come to mind, though that is merely opinion).

At the same time it does depend on how you play the game, haha. If you train many Pokémon - more than your usual party of six - then of course you'd have a hard time if you don't do much grinding. Just have to find a more challenging way to play.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Luuffy

Luuffy Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I will be honest about this, ORAS does feel pretty easy to me though it's not because of any specific change in mechanic that makes it that way. For me it's easy because of just how well I knew the general story of the gen 3 games. I played through Ruby, then Sapphire and then Emerald and by the time I was done I knew the games well enough to play them in my dreams. This remake does feel easy, but can take up time and be a little more challenging if you turn off the new broken EXP share and grind the old fashioned way

3. Latios

Latios School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    It's really sad. They're dumbing down the games WAY too much. It started with BW, but the awesome plot made it for it + it wasn't really too bad. But then XY gave us the EXP Share and generally made things easier and faster to go through. ORAS though? It's taking this to extreme levels. Not only all of the basics from XY stayed (like the EXP Share) but they literally take the player all the way from one place to another, instead of letting the player walk that way himself. I mean wtf... is this Ruby and Sapphire for babies? you don't really need to do anything, just mash the A button and the game will do everything for you.
    Not to mention the constant healing and how ridiculously easy Contests are right now (no longer having to make any efforts at all to get Pokéblocks, they're made for you automatically, like pretty much everything else in-game, and they don't even have the whole level/feel thing they used to have... and all Contests Ranks are available in all four halls, so what's the point of even having more than one hall? I beat Master Rank in both Cute and Cool in 4 hours the moment I reached Slateport and that would be impossible to do in RSE)
    It's really disappointing and make me worry about the future of pkmn... will they keep dumbing down everything more and more to ridiculous levels? I guess we're never getting a game as long/difficult as DPt/HGSS and probably never plot/characters as good as BW/BW2's...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I have to restrain my Pokémon from not going too high of a level, that being said I've learned my lesson from X/Y and turned off the exp.share as soon as I got it. I really wish GameFreak would make the exp.share an item rather than a key item, then I would defiantly use it

5. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Okay, there have been many varying points of view when it comes to this topic, and the general consensus is that the game was too easy. I agree, until post game. I was overleveled the whole game, but then in the post game I was just barely reaching the threshold to keep up. So yes the main game was too easy, but I think that the EXP share was a compromise to make the post game doable, without having to transfer Pokémon in.

6. theawesomeafro

theawesomeafro Licensed and Practiced Lurker

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    With the exp share on, you shouldn't have any problems until you try to beat the E4 a second time. That's a problem

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    How was it difficult for you personally? I was a little overleveled when fighting Steven (I was around 60 while he was in the mid-high 50s) but didn't find the post-game to be too hard. n_n;

Overall this game was pretty easy but that's what I expected to begin with so it didn't bother me too much. I'm not that focused on difficulty as much as training and using my favorite Pokémon. :)

8. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Sorry, I was referring to re challenging the E4 after the post game is done. So, the post-post game? Is that a thing? Anyways, even though I was very over leveled for the first run of the E4 in Delta Emerald I was right on par, and the with the re challenging I was only slightly under leveled. Sorry for the confusion.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,743.1
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well is certainly easier than the originals, but if you play without Lucky Egg and Exp. Share you can still get somewhat of a challenge out of the game like I did doing my first playtrough. Does it feel too easy? Yes, but only with Exp. Share on. The game still seem to be able to offer a bit of a challenge if you don't use Exp. Share and Lucky Egg.

Still I wish they had different difficulties to choose from.

10. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I play without Exp. Share, Dexnav and the event Beldum and I think it's quite challenging, every gym leader is giving me a hard time and I even lost to Winona. Even some trainer battles were hard. The ways to make it easier are optional, but if you don't use them, the game is definitely harder.

11. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I don't think Pokémon has gotten easier, I think Pokémon players have just gotten better. When I was a kid, Pokémon games were hard. Now I go back to playing Red/Blue and I actually found out that the games were actually no harder that the Pokémon games released recently. Maybe it's just cause we've played for so long we've gotten so good that we notice things that aren't there.

12. Netnin

Netnin Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    In my case no, the game wasn't easy at all, but it wasn't like Dark Souls hard. I don't have any event Pokémon and I kept the exp share off for a large majority of the game. For me this game was harder than XY and B/W, that might not be saying much but y'know.
    The biggest bump on the road for me was the Pokémon League. The Elite Four were a challenge, probably because my team was underleveled and I had all the wrong types. The Champion was actually fine... until I had to battle Mega Metagross. That thing very nearly sweeped my team until one of my Pokémon hung on with one HP and got a critical hit. (That's why you play Pokémon-amie!)

13. ampharos

ampharos Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I've found ways to make it harder

-limit the use of healing items in battle
    -try having a monotype run - all pkmn are the same type
    -try to catch a new team every time you reach a specific point
    -turn off the exp share
    -use less than 6 Pokémon
    -challenge yourself - stop using super effective moves, bring 5 Pokémon to the E4 instead of 6, dont use mega evolutions
    -don't evolve your Pokémon as quickly - wait until 45 to evolve a Pokémon thatd evolve at 36
    -use a rotation team (constantly rotating a team of 6 Pokémon with Pokémon a few levels lower)
    -try to catch all the Pokémon in the area

14. Ricken

Ricken

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Mega Metagross provided some trouble, but overall it wasn't too hard. I didn't even use the Exp Share and I had a really easy time. There were a few tough battles, but I got through it pretty easily.

15. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I do wish that they went with the Gym Leaders' teams from Emerald instead of the original RS teams, because if coupled with the EXP share, the gyms are sadly kind of a pushover. The rematches for the Elite Four are challenging in their own right, but still, a good portion of the game is very easy to get through.

That being said, I have had some troubles in my Nuzlockes, but that was with the EXP share off and not overleveling my Pokémon. If you turn the EXP share off and don't grind for days, the game is a bit challenging at times. Otherwise, it can be sped through pretty easily.

16. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I have now played my fair share of ORAS, so I can safely say that my experiences with these games did not make me feel like the games were too easy. There were quite a few times where I really had to think about what to do, otherwise I would lose. I'm not a new or inexperienced player at all, so you can't blame it on that either. The only thing I did differently was, you guessed it, turning the Exp. Share off. I also didn't base my team on what kind of challenges I was about to face, I only went with the Pokémon I liked, and felt like using. These games definitely felt a lot more challenging as X&Y, which was indeed pretty easy. I believe that the difficulty level for ORAS is almost perfect. New players can use all the help they need (such as the Exp. Share), while older players don't need that anymore. They can play through the game without someone holding their hand.

17. ExampleYT

ExampleYT Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    ORAS imo was way to easy I just swept through it with my swampert! (I transferred a BR one from XY :]) My team was really just getting leveled up by the EXP share well besides swampert lol but I agree there should be different difficulties you can choose from in ORAS to make the game more of a challenge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.