1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Drawing Challenge ☆ Test your skills! 2.0 (ENDED)

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Sheep, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Thank you Nyanja for this idea

Hello all and welcome to the...

A r tC h a l l e n g e
    As artists, we all have our comforts, or things we feel we draw better than anything else. Maybe you prefer drawing furry animals.. or perhaps have adjusted to drawing humans and can't see yourself being able to draw an animal for your life.

So why not challenge yourself? The Drawing Challenge event is a bi-weekly event giving you two weeks to draw the theme for each challenge.

Keep in mind that you don't need to create a 'finished' image for these challenges. If you can only create a sketch, that's just as okay as a fully-colored image with a background. Art is art!

R U L E S
    - Please do not plagiarize or copy someone else's work. Your own efforts are very important here, as we are all striving to improve our skills.
    - Please do not use previously created art for this challenge. We would appreciate you creating new works for this, as it is meant to get us to practice and improve.

C h a l l e n g e TWO
    ( Eyes )

Eyes come in various different forms. Sleek and upturned -- or even round and immersive cat eyes that stare straight through your soul -- there is never a shortage of unique eye shapes and designs. Your challenge this time is to draw a pair of eyes! Be it the eyes of your OC, an animal's eyes, or even a Pokémon's.

You have until August 17 at 11:59PM EST to create and post your image. Once the clock strikes midnight, entries will close.

All participants will earn 20 PokéPoints.

-​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Sinclare, Nyanja and JadeFox like this.
  2. Sinclare

Sinclare Flaming Hot Gym leader

Chiyo
    (Growlithe)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽193.0
    I whipped this up real quick! :D
    [​IMG]
    Ish My OC, Minami Ito

Nyanja likes this.
  3. TriMinakami

TriMinakami Youngster

Ember
    (Growlithe)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    Mario Mushroom ★
    Eyes... this was a really tough challenge, but...
    Here's the hardest Pokémon eyes to draw.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Update: Participation reward has been raised to 20 points from 10. I believe it's much fairer this way.

--

Thank you for the entries so far, you two! =)

5. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Here Is My Entry,It's My One Of My Rodent Original Character,Geroniny's Winking Eyes:
    [​IMG]
    It's Too Big,How To Resize Without Broke It?

#5 Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Here are my eyeballs:

[​IMG]

I don't usually try this detailed kind of style...

7. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    eyes.png

Here are the eyes of my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. I've noticed adding a white layer set to a lower opacity adds depth and a glossy feel!

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't know about you guys, but I've always found button eyes to be a cool, creepy aesthetic.

Here's a quick sketch of a character I made, a Mimikyu, sewing button eyes onto her disguise. I hope that is acceptable.
    [​IMG]

Nyanja, Mandriel and luxuryluxray like this.
  9. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Why choose between human and cat eyes when you can have both?
    [​IMG]
    Any excuse to draw Chat Noir :D

Luna the Espeon likes this.
  10. Luna the Espeon

Hera
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽942.1
    Here is my entry. It started off as an OC, but then I decided to do something different and a little random while still keeping the theme of the character. It is, of course, drawn in pencil with some pen for darker bits and a nicer texture

Attached Files:

Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  11. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    Ahaha I finally did it!
    [​IMG]

This was for my D&D character but it works!

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Hey feel free to private message me your entry since it's still not visible. Don't worry if it's too big either, as long as you keep it in spoiler tags then it's no problem.

This is awesome, and I really really want to continue the Ladybug series right now!!

Anything is a challenge if you challenge yourself =p Could've chosen really detailed eyes to draw, but of course that's on you. I still love these Ditto eyes! Super cute.

thanks for participating, all! Reward points have been given out. ^_^

Luna the Espeon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.