1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dream Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gazi, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Am I the only one who has kinda daydreamed about what countries and territories would be amazing to see portrayed as a Pokémon region? Like how Unova is America (specifically New York), Kalos is France, Alola is Hawaii, and Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto are different regions in Japan.

I used to want to see Russia as a Pokémon region, but my dream region then shifted to being inspired by Australlia, and now it's based on Egypt. It would be so cool, with the legendary Pokémon being based off of ancient Egyptian mythology. I even thought of what the starter Pokémon could be. A Grass/Dark jackal, a Fire/Poison scorpion, and a Water/ground Camel.

Jupjami likes this.
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,677.4
    I'd like to have a region based off of Britain. It would be interesting to have Pokémon based off of a lot of the old legends and fairy-tales from area. I'd also like to see one based off of the American Northwest, particularly Oregon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Absolute Zero likes this.
  3. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    You're not the only one who's thought extensively on this (nor am I; there's a YouTuber that's done several videos on this sort of subject).
    As for my opinion, while Unova was based off of New York (specifically NYC), I sort of want a region based off of the entirety off the Northeast US. The legendaries could be based off of Native American culture, and as for starters, a Grass/Ice moose (it gets cold in Maine, and yes, I know it would be 4x weak to fire, but it adds a bit more of a challenge for the players that want it), a Water/Bug lobster (while not what most people consider "bugs," lobsters still belong to the phylum Arthropoda along with insects and spiders, and I know people who would consider a lobster a "bug."), and a Fire/Steel type based off of the steel production in Pittsburgh.
    And as for the actual geography of the region, there's a lot to work with. You have, of course, the major cities of the region like DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Providence, and Boston, though for more inland cities, you have things to focus on like the aforementioned Pittsburgh, but also places like Syracuse, Albany, and by taking a bit of creative license and making the St. Lawrence enter the Atlantic a bit further south and removing New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (or perhaps moving them further north and combining them with Newfoundland and Labrador for a later region), you can include a piece of Quebec, adding in Montreal to inland cities.
    With things to focus on, you've got again, steel production in Pittsburgh, the history in Philadelphia, the multiculturalism of New York, the fishing industry and just how wooded Maine is, the wine fields of the Finger Lakes (perhaps the berry farm is here), the Adirondacks, how the entire coast is pretty much just a megalopolis, and the education (I mean, you've got places like UPenn, Harvard, Yale, and MIT.).
    You know what? Perhaps I've looked way too far into this.

Absolute Zero likes this.
  4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    A lot of people including myself are hoping for Scandinavia. Something about it just seems really appealing! Traversing snow capped mountains and maybe being able to take a boat ride to one of the islands. It'd make for an interesting, and quite frankly, beautiful game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jupjami likes this.
  5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Somewhere in South America, Peru maybe, would be pretty nice. Lots of mountains, terraced farms, rainforests, old temples, tons of old mythology, religions, and exotic animals that Pokémon could be based off of. I think something like that would be really nice.

6. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I kinda want to see Mexico. But more of it being the country part of it, like Rosario. We also need cowboy hats, sombreros, tassel, cowboy boots, ponchos, maybe so day of dead style masks...

And for the love of Lugia, starters with good designs.

7. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I want a region based off of somewhere in my homeland of Canada. A lot of mountains, prairies, forests, lakes, coastal cliffs, the works. And I definitely want the seasons mechanic coming back if it ever happens.

8. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I agree with smarty pants. One based off the entire north east. I want this not only because I live in NY, but also the Unova region locations could be where they would be located in the north east. Like Castelia city could be right near where Long Island is, which is my location of living, and make even new cities, like one for Boston, one for philie, and maybe even one for Detroit. It wouldn’t be Kanto-johto big, but it would fit DC to Maine

9. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I had a fanfic that had a few prequel chapters in a Pokémon world region based on Arabian Peninsula, with a slightly more diverse (but still subtropical) ecosystem. Some rainforest, a river-canyon, an estuary along part of the coast, of course an expansive desert, a huge glistening metropolis based on Dubai and considering having the E4 be in not-Mecca instead of not-Dubai. Okay, the cities weren't named that, I gave them chemistry names, sort of like how Kanto is colors and Johto is plants. Silex City (Silicon), Phos Outpost (Phosphorus), Cupri Port (Copper), etc.

I had the E4 members planned, but never got around to figuring the starters. Hmm. How about starting with some of the animals first domesticated in the fertile crescent? I like a horse for water, some imagery of crashing waves as its fetlocks and mane (Water-Ground or Water-Flying pegasus?); maybe a grass cow to be a vegetabull (Likely pure Grass, or integrate Steel for a golden calf/bull or Flying as reference to some myth of a Flying Bull I've read); and how about a fire goat which also fits in the Chinese Zodiac like other fire starters (Fire-Electric?), some fierce goat horns on it, maybe even anthropomorphize it and go all Baphomet (Fire with Dark, Psychic, Ghost, or Poison) with that?

Yeah, I might iron out this plan to re-use later. I think there's potential here.

10. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,684.4
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Līke @Negative Zero , my fanfics also have different rēĝions not in françhīse, and all are good plāces for Pokémon gāmes. Thēse are (but not limited to):

Loson (bāsed on Luzon): mountāinous rēĝion with a luşh vallēy in center

Thulle (bāsed on Sakhalin and Carribean Īslands): sub-arctic rēĝion with warm ūtopia-līke īslands

Vostok (bāsed on Çhukotka, Kamçhatka, and Mindanao): volcanic rēĝion with strońg cultural heritāĝe

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,677.4
    It would also be fun to have a region based off of Greece. The Gym Leaders and Elite Four could be themed around the Twelve Olympians.

12. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Yup, having my country, India, as a Pokémon region sounds good! What could the name be? Hmm, Inos? (Fused 'In' from 'India' and 'os' from 'Kalos.') Hehe~

13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Personally, I'd want more Eastern inspired regions. I love Asian mythology and would love to see regions based off of countries like Korea, Thailand, or the Philippines.