1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dream World Abilities

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Aug 20, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    With the Fifth Generation, we got a little thing known as the Dream World. This was an odd place, full of all kinds of things to do; granted you can't do those things anymore. What really attracted attention among players were the "Dream World Abilities." These additional, hidden abilities were given to a majority of Pokémon, new and existing. This including Blaziken's Speedboost, Bidoof's Moody, Golurk's No Guard as well as many others.

What did you think of Dream World Abilities? Do you think DW Abilities are a waste of time? Necessary in battle?
    Feel free to explain your thoughts and discuss!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Catilena1890

Catilena1890 The Resident Kitty-Fox

PokéPoints:
    ₽31.0
    Well, I feel like the Dream World Abilities were designed to "fix" a lot of Pokémon without retconning them. For example, no one seriously used Blaziken over Infernape until it got Speed Boost from the Dream World, and that same ability made Scolipede the Champion of the Bug Types, which weren't represented that well barring Scizor. I think it was also an experiment to see what would happen if we were allowed Drizzle and Drought in normal competitive play without the legendary restriction.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Dream world was a pain in the donkey because I never knew how to manage it! I didn't get the Pokémon online stuf so I missed my chance to get a magic bounce Natu (R.I.P). Its a clever Idea and I like how they incorporated them in Gen 6 with Horde Battles. They feel rare which is good. But that doesn't mean I'm not salty about missing a load of them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.