1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dream World Art or Sprites?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Ryan, Aug 4, 2017.

?

Dream World/Global Link Art VS Sun/Moon Sprites

1. Dream World/Global Link

25 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Sun/Moon Sprites

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Would you prefer for us to use Dream World Art or the Sun & Moon sprites?

2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I think the images work better than the 3D sprites! There's just this charm that comes with all this cute art popping up on screen~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I love the Dream World artwork a lot better than the 3D models from S/M, plus I feel that the artwork fits better with LV's art and style better than the in-game models.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I really love the look of the images, it has more emotion and more interesting to look at than the sprites.

5. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    As the way things are now, the DW Images look better, Thou sprites could be possible looking good if some aesthetics changed...

6. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Well, lads, looks like we (admins) are in for a fun time! ;)

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    The dream world art looks a lot more natural with the site's design. You guys did a great job!

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I voted for sprites. I think they would look better across the bottom of the avatar as well. If you use the DW art, please make it smaller.

9. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I honestly like the Dream World art a lot better than the sprites, because its just something to see when I encounter a Pokémon. I love a lot of the Pokémon art and sprites, but the art tops the sprites for this ^_^

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'll have to say Drea mWorld art as well, it looks much better in my opinion.

11. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I like the DW art better. If you can somehow put in some static BW sprite style of Kalos and Alola 'mons, it would be great. I have always liked the BW style better than the 3D sprites :D

12. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I think the Sprite option was more refering to box (PC) sprites :P

13. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I'm a nostalgic type so I would've loved some old gen sprites (but newer gens exist now without sprites.) but as it is I like the DW art.
    Even though some of the art has odd bits here and there (Goldeen having a neck roll is weird.)

14. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    lol I thought he meant the battle sprites. If that's the case, then I still vote for the DW art :]
    I never realized that until you pointed it out. It is kinda weird though because I don't think the in-game models show a curve in that area, nor do the previous gens' sprites.

15. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Yeah, the 3D models, as absolutely lovely as they are, are a little less unique than Dream World art because you see them more. I feel like DW art often goes unrecognized and unseen as it's tucked away in smaller features, while the models are always in view when you play the games. imo We should stick with the DW art =)

Buuut if we ever get a more in-depth Pokédex feature where you can sort what you get by various options (National Dex number, nickname, type etc) then party sprites or even models all the way. ♡ as more mons are released it'll get hard to use DW art there since they take up more space and you'll be scrolling a lot

16. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    The only problem is that if we start using past 5th gen, there will be no more dream world sprites. What happens after that?

17. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Dream World Art exist for up to 7th Gen because PGL still exist and the art is used for things like battle statistics and such

18. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Thanks! I actually did not know that.

Apawn likes this.
  19. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I'm liking the Dream World art so far! Plus, the DW art is clean and not pixel-y, so you can tell which Pokémon you've found right away instead of trying to decipher a sprite.

20. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I love the dream world art a lot. It feels more unique and clean than the sprites atm.