1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dual Screens

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pitmore, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Dual Screens is Competitive Talk for Reflect and Light Screen. And whilst they have their uses, I personally don't see, nor use this strategy. Dual Screens can be used for support with sets including belly Drum or general setting up. But they recently got a Nerf when Defog became so much more viable and if a team doesn't carry hazards, it normally carries defog.

So what is your opinions on Reflect and Light Screen? Are they underrated? Are they worth the time? Tell me!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Dual Screens are best used with set up sweepers to let the set up relatively easily. I don't find them to be underrated, but slightly underused, since generally you'll "waste" 2 turns, 2 moveslots, and item, since without Light Clay, there is little reason to use Dual Screens. It's not hard to imagine how much trouble Dual Screens can cause, especially when you think about Pokémon like Mega Charizard X or Mega Altaria setting up behind them, taking small damage thanks to their natural good bulk.

Arguably, the best user of Dual Screens is Klefki, but there are other good users of it, such as Serperior, Espeon, Meowstic, Uxie, Cresselia, and Latis, but they are generally better of using different moves, at least in singles.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've really considered dual-screening, or at least one-screening while having a team that has a weak spot in just physical or special def all the way through the team, making only that one kind of screen necessary. I haven't found much noteworthy success in my attempts, but that could be for one of many reasons. Correlation is not causation, me losing is not proof that screening isn't worth it.

I am thinking that it could be a much more viable technique in double/etc battles. There is the limitation of only one screener holding Light Clay, but the benefit of only "wasting" one turn on setting up the screens. I would love to try that technique to see how much better it is (if at all), but I tend to be even worse in double than I am in single battle.

4. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Reflect and Light Screen are ok- rather not the best, but I feel like they don't do all that much compared to like Dragon Dance on a single Pokémon.
    They're good for long battles, and if you're team is well built, but otherwise, they're really nothing in a quick battle.

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    It think the efficacy of Dual Screens really depends on your team as a whole. Screens really help Bulky Offensive teams that have Pokémon like Venusaur, Slowbro, Excadrill, Garchomp, Clefable etc.

I personally like using a Dual Screen user that holds a light clay and knows explosion. Bronzong for example is really bulky and can help set up screens and use explosion so that the rest of your team can utilize the most amount of turns with the screens activated.

6. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Honestly at a first glance it doesn't seem like these two moves would be helpful. Then I tried them and oh my goodness, most of the time these moves can help a lot.

I have a team that really needs the assistance of dual screens to work. Especially because I have M-Houndoom on it, and if Houndoom goes down and I come across a Metagross then i'm pretty much screwed. I also have Hoopa-C on it, which really comes useful under screens.

7. Filibuster

Filibuster School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.4
    Dual Screens also work well with hazardstack teams, especially if you're playing against balance. A problem with those is that you need to make sure that you set up enough to outspeed and ohko any defogger on the switch or late game sweep with screens after your opponent's defogger is gone.

Another issue is that screens kill your momentun, which isn't an issue in a tier like UU due to the natural bulk that's in that tier. I've also ran screens in Ubers, and it's viable enough there too because the Ubers metagame has a lot of bulky mons that aren't as reliant on offensive or defensive momentum. However, Gen 6 OU is heavily reliant on momentum, to the point where wasting two turns on screens (and exploding if you're about that suicide lead/setter life) can harm you in the long run if your opponent knows how to get around them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.