1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Art/Graphic Dwlr's Sig Shoppe

Discussion in 'Market' started by Dwlr, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    I don't currently have many examples online and I've had quite a long hiatus from photoshop so it feels a bit unfair to post ancient examples from years ago as samples so the examples section will build slowly as I make new items.

I do this out of boredom not for profit. I understand there is a currency on this site, but all items from this shop are FREE, as such depending on the amount of business I get I may need to limit the number of requests in a certain time frame so I don't get backed up, but it's never really been a problem before I just reserve the right to limit requests should it become one.

As a general rule I like to avoid using too many stocks or c4ds as a personal preference choice as I prefer to make the backgrounds myself or using the rendered image as a basis over pre-made resources, that's not to say I don't use them from time to time and I'll take requests asking for them to be used.

All I NEED is the character (atleast the name of the character and what they're from so they're easy to find) and text (I'm not really a fan of text, but it's not much of a signature if you don't at least have your username somewhere.) you want from there I'll simply make what I feel suits it best anything else you want to add is optional.
    Optional items include:
    -Style (it'd help if you had a sig in that style as a reference rather than describing it, but bear in mind I'm willing to attempt style mimics it doesn't mean they'll be successful.)
    -Color (If you have a specific color to match another sig or item in a sig then I can see what I can do in making the image match, but bear in mind some color schemes simply don't match and the sig may end up having to be a monochrome or close to it to achieve a match if the color would clash if it was used in the creation of the image.)
    -Size (I default to a 500x200 canvas for signatures, but crop to 450 x 150 for the final product.)
    -Font (if you're dead set on a font then I can download it as long as the site it's on is reputable to download.)

Usage policy
    I don't care where you use it or if you credit me visibly all I ask is that if somebody asks where you got it that you refer them back to me or at least my username should I not be around as I use the same name pretty much everywhere.

Examples:
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'll try this out! Can I get a signature + avatar set?

Size: 450x200
    Render: Venom from Spider-Man (please find one you like to work with)
    Text: Venom
    Sub text: God
    Choose the font style and color scheme of the sig as you seem fit!
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    I have a render picked out and should be able to get to it tonight barring any unforseen circumstances and thus should have it by morning (in my timezone) however since I know there are multiple Spider-Man medias which have different art styles (Sensational Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Spider-man, Ultimate Spider-Man etc etc) and thus I have to ask. Are you're asking for a specific style of Venom or just giving origin of the character? If I don't hear back ere I begin work I'll just move with what I was planning no prob.

4. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I'm fine with whichever one you choose! Thank you.

5. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
  6. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    This is really good work, you mind if I come at you with another order right now?

7. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Nah I don't mind, things are slow right now anyway.

8. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    alrighty!

Render: Flash
    Text: Speedster
    Subtext: God
    font style and color scheme as you choose!

While I am here I wanted to say something, I actually really admire your work. If you see mine, I base my sigs off of ready made resources as in the stock and BGs. I like your outcomes better though and I can see that this is something you are very experienced at! Keep it up and I hope you stick around here and continue making sigs for the community.

9. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah I've been looking around, gets me in trouble dissecting other images.
    The shop owners on Serebii claim to make everything from scratch which is a blatant lie, posted so and showed that elements of their sigs match brushes, c4ds, and stocks and I get banned for "harassing" members then Serebii implements a rule about crediting ALL resources that if you don't it's considered "theft" by their rules and they still didn't credit their sources so I reported them as per my civic duty since it was in the rules not to mention running around claiming scratch when you are clearly using resources is pretty low anyway, but people just don't care. They dismissed me claiming I was just "jealous" as I ran a failed shop over there once upon a time. Either way got myself perma-banned from just trying to get the resource makers a little credit when the shopkeeps are going out of their way to say they're not using any resources at all. It's one thing to use resources it's another to go out of your way and say you don't when you do, one of the owners even claimed that the resource owners (some of which requested credits if used) didn't "deserve" any credit and it'd just be a waste of his time.

Not sure how long I'll stick around, it really will depend on business and if there's other things for me to occupy my time whilst I'm away from both my console,3ds, and main computer. (the one that has photoshop. Gimp is fine and honestly it is just as good as photoshop simply requiring more workarounds to do the same thing as it lacks the bells and whistles, but you use what you're used to IMO which is why I still use CS3 over CS6.)

We had a bit of a crisis here today so I don't want to give a definite turn-around time and get myself in trouble for not meeting it, but I hope to get to it later tonight should there be no more issues.

10. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    It's a shame that is. I admire quality work and credit is due where credits due if not more! I know what you mean though, I came here not caring so much about Pokémon anymore more so looking for a community that appreciates artwork since the last one I was in removed forum signatures for "being a constant nuisance to moderate." I use GIMP because I wanted to wait to get photoshop and I agree with your assessment, same stuff eventually if you can work your way around GIMP. Would you happen to know the major differences between CS3 and CS6?

And don't worry about it, hope all is well, take your time and thanks!

11. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    CS3 lacks quite a few after market filters available in CS6 so basically you have easy routes to do certain things in CS6 versus CS3, but the majority of things can be done. I know CS6 has stock 3-dimensionality features which CS3 definitely lacks. I've not really looked around CS6 too much I used CS4 at college and it didn't really have any new features from CS3 however it was a laggy mess and simply shifted things around. Alf (what I call my laptop as it's an Alienware) is pretty old and can't do animation very well in CS3 which that's a computer issue not really the program though CS6 has built in features surrounding animation like Video to Frames which actually work thus allowing you to easy incorporate animation from things like youtube videos which I've never gotten to work in CS3 personally. Both have access to Topaz aftermarket, but last I checked a legal license for it can be fairly pricey resulting in many people circumventing it. You have a host of new filters to use though most of them aren't very practical to use for much of anything. (a lot of them aren't very practical in CS3 either considering you can simply smudge, liquify, or otherwise do everything manually should you be inclined)

12. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I used the free trial for CS6 and I can relate to some of the stuff you're saying. Does your college provide CS4 to students? Also, Alienware's have nice specs on em. I wish I could get one but financially they can be a drain. Same with CS6, can't really afford it. But yea, seems like there are some differences that may or may not have too big an effect on signatures but that's depending on your style. I agree though, the filters aren't really practical tbh, I prefer to go an alternate route than use some of them.

13. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Nah, but all the computers had it and I was on campus for 10-12 hours every day with several hours between classes some days that I'd just go into the the lab which CS students had permanent access to. Like I said Alf is rather old had it since highschool so it's at least 10 years I have a Razer Blade that I've yet to setup since with Microsoft's new OS I wanted to transfer my Xbox Live to my new email address ere setting up the new computer. Let's see from the filter gallery I can think of only a few that people actually use: Spatter, Oil Outlines, Glowing Edges, Chrome, and Mosaic (not counting Liquify since it's not exactly a filter) all of which are easy enough to do on your own.

14. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Oh yeah that would work out nicely then. The Blade has to be one of the nicest, sleekest gaming laptops on the market. Price wise is tough but it's worth it imo. And yeah, probably I'd say most important is splatter or liquify which you can achieve from a brush.

15. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    the aluminum casing gets pretty toasty, but not a problem if you don't put it directly on your skin. You can make a comparable laptop much cheaper if you assemble it yourself should you really want not to mention as nice as the Blade is it's already outdated and you'd need to update a few parts to hit top quality performance.

Went with a smudge this time around since I completely didn't know what to do with the lighting and the lack of motion on the render which is ironic given the character.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pokémist likes this.
  16. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yeah my current laptops casing gets hot as well so I can see what you mean, I'm thinking about building my own laptop since I helped a friend do his recently . I enjoy assembling them but I lack a lot of time.
    Amazing job with the signature, yeah I looked for decent renders of flash but a lot of the motion ones were from the comics while I wanted a more defined realistic look. Love it! If you're game can we get one more done! I'm just stacking these and gonna rotate through on a weekly basis or something

17. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    The casing gets hot to the touch, but it helps the heat dispersion to the computer itself there is definitely a trade off and in terms of gaming most don't seem to put it on their lap soo it doesn't really interfere with it's intended purpose either, but I don't really PC game just planning on getting Skyrim and modding it to entertain me on off hours. Crossplay titles will be nice in the future so I can continue a game when I simply can't sit in the floor any longer on my console, I mean after a few hours on your knees I tend to not be able to walk.

I can do one more however the turn around time will be delayed on this next one. Dealing with the aftermath of a pipe bursting in the house today so I won't be able to get to it tonight seeing as the whole basement is pretty much flooded.

18. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yeah that's a problem for me as well, the inactivity of sitting on your knees gets me sore. And yeah sure, take however long you need! I love seeing your work and how you incorporate the render to mesh with the activity of the sig. Do it whenever you may.

Render: Bane
    Text: Darkness
    Subtext: God
    font style and color scheme as you choose!

Thanks

19. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    That particular render is missing some of the negative space and appears to be cut into a bit, you don't happen to have the original image it was cut from do you? It's usable sure and I don't mind cutting out the missed spaces at all, but if at all possible I'd like to see the original since around the left arm (bane's left the viewer's right) his venom intake seems a little off to me so I'd like to see the original. If not it's not going to be a big deal or anything.

20. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I see what you mean, here is the Original Image! Hope it helps! Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.