1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Dynamax Battles

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What do you guys think about the new mechanic, Dynamax Battles?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Well, the dynamax mechanic does seem solid for me, though it matters on how it's done. Footage of these battles did certainly impress me so far, so I'm kinda hyped for this new mechanic. I'm not so sure about these "Dynamax Raid Battles" though, guess I'll just have to play them myself when the time comes to get an opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm here for the memes XD
    Like, not sure about what to think about it in-game yet, but the comics the internet has been making are great!

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I'm going to have to try and reserve my judgement on these until after the games come out. So far I like the hilarity of being able to make Pokémon like Igglybuff suddenly be massively huge but I overall feel like it may be a bad idea. Hopefully my opinion will change over time, though.

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I admit, Dynamaxing is likely going to be another throwaway gimmick for these games, like how Mega Evolution and Z-Moves were in previous generations. T_T

That doesn't stop me from finding joy in the fact that I can turn my adorable puppos and kitties into gargantuan movie monsters. :D

6. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like the idea, but I think I need to actually play the games before I decide what I think of this new mechanic.

I hope they don't completely abandon Megas and Z-moves, though. I don't mind if they're restricted to the post-game, but I hope we do get at least a couple of new ones. Probably not, but hey, you never know.

7. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    When I first saw it, I was a little confused, but I can accept it if it becomes a fun mechanic. There are a lot of small details we don't know about it yet, but it could make for some interesting battles and will certainly spice up competitive play again, at least to some extent.

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It looks kind of dumb to me, to be honest. For the raid battles it makes sense, but for it to happen at any other point in the game I feel like they're just trying to shoehorn new battle mechanics into all of the new games now to try to match up to mega evolution. Which I doubt they ever will. I might try to challenge myself by going through it without using the mechanic ever, if that's even feasible. That might add a little more of a challenge to the gym battles.

The memes are pretty good though.

9. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm not really sold on them yet. They seem a little ridiculous to me, though I do like the raid battle aspect of it. That could be a fun mechanic to work with other players in. Using it yourself outside of raids seems like a waste of game data though.

10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    It's an interesting concept that could explain a lot of inconsistencies in the anime, and it looks cool, but we haven't really seen what effect it has on battles. Until then, I reserve my judgement. I'm just glad that MandJTV's Mega Squirtle is now canon.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    So can we have a massive massive Wailord now? That would be pretty freakin cool wouldn't it. I watched the direct and it seemed like an interesting concept but like the rest of the folks, I do think we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. Still, could be a very neat feature.

12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    It seems like a cool feature, but I never thought of it as a mix between Megas and Z moves until reading comments and stuff, which I still don’t think it is. but yes, I will have to wait and see before I give it my full judgment.

13. seaturtle

seaturtle Bug Catcher

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    The mechanic honestly just feels like a gimmick that'll be forgotten in the next generation, just like Z-moves. The idea is a bit strange, but I'm holding off on judging it too much until we see more. At the very least, the memes about it have been great lol.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    It seems like is Z-Move v2, a once per battle thing where you nuke your opponent. I do wanna see more before I fully form an opinion since it sounded like it was different for gym battles maybe.