1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

E-book or Hardcopy

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BiohazardSr, Nov 4, 2015.

?

Do you prefer e-books or hardcopies?

1. E-book

14.3%
  2. Hardcopy

85.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    When you're reading, what medium do you prefer. Do you like the efficiency and simplicity of an e-book, or the feel of an actual physical copy of a book?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Hardcopy, otherwise known as TreeBook? Since it's made of paper? Get it? eBook, TreeBook?

I prefer TreeBooks by a landslide. I like looking at actual paper more than screens (even though these paper-like displays are almost as good), and TreeBooks never run out of batteries. Just take it with you and it's where you need it.

On top of that, it's hard to decorate a bookshelf with an eBook. That's pretty much the entire reason I bought the Lovecraft anthology, the Divine Comedy, the complete works of E.A.Poe or pretty much any of the other classics (Moby Dick, the Count of Monte Cristo, On the Road) that are up there right now. They're great conversation starters and make one look educated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Definitely hardcopy books. eBooks give me finger cramps(but I get those from playing Pokémon ROMs too) and eye sores. I love the feel of physical books, and I love being able to turn the pages physically. Paper books can also have hidden secrets and beautiful inked in art that can't well be replicated on a screen. Take Illuminae or Endgame for an example, or even The 39 Clues. All of these are special in the hidden text codes and beautiful page/ascii art. Physical books win, by a landslide

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Physical books trump digital books without question. I can hold multiple bookmarks at once with a physical book and switch between them all very quickly if necessary; fingers are wonderful things.

If I need to look up something in a book, a physical copy can do so much faster, too. This problem can be slightly mitigated with a reader that has a Find/Ctrl+F function, but very few of those exist.

Oh, and the best part about physical books? There's no lag.

mweep likes this.
  5. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I also choose physical books. In my opinion, nothing beats the feeling of the weight of an actual book in your hands! It's easy to carry around (as long as the book isn't too big or too long) and it will never run out of batteries. I would get myself an E-reader so that I can read books I can't find in hardcover, but I will always prefer having real books over digital ones.

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    I love the conveinience of an e-book, but nothing's better than holding a real book in your hands

7. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hardcopy all the way. I like the feeling of holding an actual book in my hands and turning physical pages with my fingers.

8. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Give me a paper copy of a book over an electronic one everyday. There's nothing better than actually reading with a paper book, getting the cramps in your neck from back posture, hunger from getting so absorbed in said book that you forget to eat, and finding absolutely no comfortable way to lie down on a bed while reading.

... Unless said book is a textbook that costs several hundred dollars. Then I'll take the free online copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.