1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Educational children's games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Many of us probably have played some form of educational games as a child. The biggest company for edutainment games is by far Humongous Entertainment, with titles like Freddie Fish, Pajama Sam and Putt-Putt. But, of course, there are many more.

Which games do you remember playing as a child? Are they fond memories, or have you tried blocking them from your past?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I loved Clue Finder, those games were the only thing my sister and I would play together even though we were years apart. They were super weird yet the sound effects and puzzles were captivating for the child's mind. Hell, there were puzzles even when I was grades ahead we had trouble solving, it just kept the mind spinning. If my computer had a DVD drive, I would probably try to play them now and see if I still was stuck in the same place or not!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I played jump start toddlers when I was a kid! I don’t remember much about it but the music haha. I feel like it had to do a lot with counting, shapes, and the alphabet.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I played a total of one educational game, Skipper & Skeeto and I didn't play it for long since even as a young child I found it immensely boring most likely because I was slightly above the targeted age but it was al lthere was to play when waiting for your parents to finish stuff at places like the library. So it wasthe wrong kind of educational game for me since I do know there's some fairly good ones around even for older kids too, I just wasn't lucky enough to find those meant for someone a year or two older.

5. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Does educational count as spelling and math games? If so, then as a child I played Sky Chase, Spelling Bees, and Grand Prix multiplication. They were weird but easy enough for a 7 year old boy to do. (I think that was the age I was when I played it, but I have no idea)

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    There are a lot of those sorts of games I own, and played them a lot as a child. Some of them I even play now because I found them so much fun - and still find them fun.
    In some cases I'm trying to rig my current computer to play some of them again, as a few won't load or open correctly unless it's a Windows 95 or 98 computer (I have one of the former, but the CD drive no longer works). Once I actually figure out how to do that, my life will be as amazing as it was over a decade ago.

In other related news, I still own a copy of Mario Teaches Typing 2, but it definitely did not teach me how to type - that I learned when at school instead, with a program that was a lot more intuitive and made a lot more sense.
    I ended up going back to beat MTT2 after I learned how, of course, but only for a sense of closure.

7. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,660.4
    *digs through her children educational games collection* Well lets see here...I have The Jungle Book Learning, How many Bugs in a Box, More Bugs in Boxes, Cheerios Play Time, Buzz Lightyear Second Grade(why?), Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Curious George Preschool Learning Games, Mickey Mouse and the Search for the Secret Keys, Chutes and Ladders, and somehow I have Sonic & Knuckles collection CD for the computer. I also have Axis & Allies and Black&White for the computer. I actually still have all these games and I pull them out so I could see them. I also had an educational game featuring Roly Poly Oly that is somehow lost.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I loved Freddi Fish!! I loved the thrill of discovering "Who did it?"
    I also played quite a lot of the Arthur games and the Franklin the Turtle games.

9. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning.

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    My favorite ediucational game is TF2. It taught me that my hat makes me better than anyone else.

11. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    yooooo that's the one I played too! I don't remember much about the game other than that it had a different culprit every time and I thought that was mind blowing at the time.

12. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Dunno if this counts as an educational game, but it was a game that basically taught history. I think it was called Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? I don't quite remember, but that's as close as I got to owning a game like that.

13. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Mine was a game called "Franklin's Reading World", it was a game on windows 95. I also played Math blaster, and a couple of math and reading games that involved dumping slime on the things called grussles. I have no idea what they were called anymore. I have fond memories of all of these games, they were fun and the time but man they do not look good at all today.