1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Eggcelent Battle Workshop

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Apawn, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I know nothing about competitive battling, but I can help with the nicknames I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I'm not that good at competitive battling, but I have been wrecked enough times to know what Pokémon are strong against what, and I can help look up stats, too!

4. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    If we're using Volcarona, we'll need something to deal with Stealth Rock. Maybe Rapid Spin Excadrill?

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Lol I'll join Gwoomy and be part of the nickname squad. Sounds good so far guys!

6. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Guess I'll be helping out with this. Since most of Volc's best hazard removing partners are banned from this competition, I'd either defintely use Excadrill, or use either Mega Scizor or Mantine as Defoggers.

7. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    eehh can I join Nickname Squad? I'm afraid I know nothing on meta and can't offer much help on that...

8. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Cloyster is best sweeper

9. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    How much time do we have for this? Making the team

10. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Until the end of the week I guess?

11. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I believe Saturday is when the battles will take place, so til the end of friday is when we can make the team, I think.

By the way, I volunteer to actually do the battling. I'm a bit rusty teambuilding-wise, but I know a thing or two about actually battling.

Apawn likes this.
  12. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Thank you for volunteering! We are in dire need of competitive Battlers regardless how Rusty are they are not, as our team got the more artsy pool (better at art events) where their's got the more competitive pool ( better at game related events)

13. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Yeah, I kinda got the feeling. Makes me feel a bit more useful than I thought I'd be since I lean more towards the competitive side :P I'll try not to let ya down!

Apawn likes this.
  14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    So if we have Volcarona and Excadrill, they're both weak to Flying and Water. If our opponent has one of those types, they could potentially be beaten. However, both Flying and Water are both weak to Electric. And Scizor is meta I think? If we have Electric, we could take one out. Just a thought. I'm not a very good battler.

(And Fairy Types are OP with few weaknesses, so maybe we could use one of those)

15. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Excadrill isn't weak to flying, but yeah, the type synergy between the two isn't that great. Unfortunately our choices for a decent electric are limited (those being rotom-w, magnezone, and Mega Manectric, the former two being kinda niche picks that we may want to consider a bit later, and the latter taking up our mega), and it potentially adds another ground weak mon to the team. I think we should still add AV Tangrowth but it IS a team effort, so let me know what ya'll think.

By the way, since Toxapex doesn't seem to be as hindered as I thought it'd be, what do you guys think about using Psychium Z Psychic Volcarona?

16. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I was more in favor of the Lefties Quiver Dance Volc, and maybe a Jolteon with Quick Feet to try and take advantage of the one status rule

AVest Tangrowth sounds good to me too

17. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    We should really keep working on this. I dunno about quick feet jolteon. If we were to have some sort of status absorber it'd be something like Conkeldurr if anything, but Idk. And actually, I'd consider Charti Berry Volcarona too. If you think about it, the main way people try to stop volcarona from destroying them is fast scarfers like Garchomp and Greninja while using Rock Slide. With Charti we live one and ko back.

18. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    We do need to get the ball on this rolling because we do have to be done by Saturday.

Don't we outspeed Greninja and Chomp scarfed with a quiver dance boost or 2? As much as the berry is tempting I don't know if it's worth because of the four-time weakness and the Flinch chance. We might just want to Reliable Rock Counter like Quagsire ( you could also have water absorb and Volc could have the mass resistance 2 grass)

19. TripleAAABattery

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    We do, but I mentioned Garchomp and Greninja as Scarfers because they fairly commonly run scarf just for Volcarona.
    Also, Quag with Water Absorb doesn't really... work. Unaware is it's only really good ability. I don't even know if we should use Quagsire... I'll have more time to think on it when I get home.

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    The entire team is due tomorrow, and we will need to have moves ready, too, right? Is we're going for a special sweeper Volcarona, we may have to try and make its moveset varied. Hurricane appears to be one of its strongest moves with 110% power, but it has 70% accuracy. If we want every move to hit, then Bug Buzz has 90% power and 100% accuracy. Both moves have 10 PP. However, if TMs are allowed, it can learn Giga Impact (150 power) with 5 PP and 90% accuracy, or an STAB Overheat with 130 power (not counting STAB) and 5 PP as well. Volcarona can also learn Wild Charge to cover its Water and Flying weakness.