1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Eid Mubarak Everyone!~

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shada, Jul 17, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I couldn't help but to notice that there were a couple of Muslim members on LV, and today around the world a Muslim holiday called Eid Al-Fitr is celebrated. (There are some places celebrating it tommorow, but not that many.)

For those that don't know, Eid Al-Fitr is considered to be a 'Muslim' Christmas, which many people recive gifts and what not, over the 3 day holiday. Now this date doesn't happen on this day every year, as the holiday is the day after the month of fasting;Ramadan and also depends on the sightings of the moon. There's also another Eid in about 2 and a half months from now, but there will be a celebration thread when that comes time.

Now the proper term is not rather happy eid, rather it's called Eid Mubarak, which means blessings upon you to recive eid, thus the title was called upon it's proper turn. (Because old Arabic likes to be descripitve as heck.)

Anyways, all in all, I wish everyone a happy eid!~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Selamat Hari Raya maaf zahir dan batin! May you have a very enjoyable and happy Eid Mubarak!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    Before i say anything i love how you said the correct term of Eid mubarak then endded your post with happy Eid.

Ayways, Ei Al-Fitr is not exactly christmas since the only thign in common from the two is that people get togher but the concept is very diffrent. as you cannot Soom(not eat nor drink as in ramadan) in its first day. , but Eid Sayed wa mubarak lak , and Eid mubarak is now used as the word happy Eid sicne you seem to be uncomfortable by it but its correct term is really to imply that ramadan gets accepted and that we live to another Eid Al-Fitr And thaty we enjoy our time , with some limitations ofcourse(being the general rules).

but im happy to see that someone decided to make this post , it brings me alot closer to LV since its a place i can freely talk what i can say without being Judged By anyone else(again dis-including the general rules).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.