1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Electric Rodent/Pikaclone

Discussion in 'LV Fan Region: Meroi' started by BZRich64, Apr 4, 2021.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Love them or hate them, every region of Pokémon has a small, electric-type rodent that bears at least a partial resemblance to Pikachu. As such, it is only fitting that Meroi will have one as well. The question is, then, what kind of animal we want our Pikaclone to be. Share your ideas about our electric rodent here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    One word - beaver. Would make a whole lot of sense for a region based around lakes, to me at least - and even if you don't think that makes sense since they're typically rivers, the lakes lead to some pretty big rivers. Game Freak has done Pokémon around beavers though in the Bidoof family, but I feel as though there's enough room for creativity that another 'mon can be made out of it. I might try my hand at the idea myself.

3. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I love this idea. We could make an electric/water beaver Pokémon based around hydro-electric dams.

Jeydis and DuoM2 like this.
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I am totally behind the Beachu the hardworking pikaclone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I made a quick mock-up of a beaver Pikaclone with a water turbine for a tail that I shared on Discord earlier. Might as well post it here, too.
    [​IMG]
    Note that I just made this to help visualize the concept, and is not meant to be an actual design.

#5 Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Jeydis likes this.
  6. ~darktyranitar~

~darktyranitar~ Bug Catcher

deox
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.5
    i like it! its cute

7. vaporeon

vaporeon Banned

Eevee (K)
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    it is cool

8. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    I had an idea the other day that could work as a pikaclone. We have had rabbits/hares in the past but never as a pikaclone.

I am thinking a Pokémon that starts off as a dust bunny and has a split evolution into a snowpuff (since snowflakes often start with the equivalent of a speck of dust) or an electricly charged static Pokémon (perhaps electric/fire to represent how flammable lint is and how much of a fire hazard it can be.)

9. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I never understood having clones of the mascot. Makes no sense in any franchise much less Pokémon. Although I love that this is a phenomena even LV is involved with.

10. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    its a generational classic. They dont have to look like pikachu though but having an electric type rodent-like Pokémon is tradition lol.

11. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Pika Clones are now officially recognized in Pokémon, with the Pokédex noting the Pawmi line's similarities to other electric rodents with cheek pouches.

Anyways, I did a quick bit of research and found nearly all the Pikaclones have names that come from Japanese. So I went into Google translate and foudn a few words we could use for this lil guy's name.

Damu - Dam
    Seisei - Generate
    Biba - Beaver
    Denki - Electricty
    Mise - Store
    Supin - Spin
    Chisai - Small

Personally I think something like Chiseisei or Misesei would be cute but it needs more workshopping.

12. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I also like Bibamu, though it may be a bit too close to the original, combining Beaver and Dam.