1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Elemental monkeys

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Nov 1, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    In Black and White you were able to get an elemental monkey with the type weak to your starter's type by going to the Dreamyard east of Striaton City, very rare encounters aside. Selecting Snivy gave you Panpour, choosing Tepig earned you Pansage, and if you chose Oshawott you obtained Pansear.

Did you use these monkeys, even if it was just to help against your battle with the Striaton gym leader? Did you like them overall?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,934.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    When i played through my Japanese White, I used the Panpour I got and named him Sam. I used him till around Lv. 48 I think iirc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I used Pansear but I really wanted to get Pansage but during later on in the game I decided to grab myself a Pansage instead of a Pansear. Why? Pansage is my favorite Pokémon and I love this thing to pisces and it helped me out so much in the game. I even used it in BW2 and it kicked butt so hard! I love this thing.

4. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I had Pansage and I used him till the second gym, after that I realised that I made the mistake of rvolving it too early and it become a too low lvl quickly.

5. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I never really used them... Just to beat the Striaton gym leader, haha.

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    When playing through White for the first time, I chose Snivy, so I received a Panpour. I quickly found out that my Snivy sucked so badly, that I eventually kicked it off my team and replaced it with my Panpour. I used my Simipour for the rest of the game, even in the Elite Four :D

7. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I actually like Simipour a lot for some reason, it just looks so chill. But overall I've never been too much of a fan of these guys, and I've never used them. (I'm not a fan of monkeys in general, actually.)

8. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    On my Black Nuzlocke, I used the Panpour I got at the Dreamyard. It had a pretty good nature so I tried my best to keep it alive. I'm really glad I did because it was the only water type I got aside from Ducklett (Which is terrible). Eventually it ended up being one of the strongest members of my endgame team.

9. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've never used them at all after my first experience with them. The first time, I chose Oshawott as my starter and got Pansear. I tried training it up a little, but it grew sooooo slowly and was too weak for my taste. I never even used it against Striaton's gym - I dumped it in the PC after a very short while. For every playthrough after that, my monkey would go straight to the PC without a moment's hesitation. This might not have happened if I had gotten Panpour though. It's the best monkey of the three imo, and it makes use of its Acrobatics really well. Sadly, I've never picked anything else except Oshawott before.

10. Byakblade

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.0
    I love these little guys and have used them all the way to the end. Well they might not be the strongest they're pretty darn useful, even if their evolutions kinda freak me out for some reason.

11. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Not once have I used them for anything.

I personally just don't like them, mostly due to the designs of their evolved forms. The Pansear that I got was dumped into my PC right after I got it, and never got to see the light of day again.

12. Warrior of Hope

Warrior of Hope Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I love the idea of them, but I feel it wasn't executed well enough. They were not very powerful...

13. AdvancedRoronoaZoro

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I used my monkey until I got to Castelia city. Then I just put it in my PC to rot there. It sounds harsh, but they really suck XD

14. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I really like Simisage. It doesn't look as dopey and stupid as the other too and it looks athletic, wise, and nimble.

15. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    I remember on my very first run through on white, I did use Pansear. But because I was an absent-minded 14-year-old, I evolved him at level 21.

I have heard that the elemental monkeys aren't that good stat-wise, SImisage being the best one. I only heard this from one source so I could be wrong.

These days I only OHKO them for extra Exp. xD

16. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I chose Snivy and was given a Panpour on my first run. I never used it past the Striaton gym, though, despite having intended to earlier in the game; I decided that I wanted to raise a Swanna to be my main Water-type instead. But design-wise, I like Pansear and Simipour quite a lot, actually.

17. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I never really used any of the monkeys because I didn't really like the design. In all honestly, I kind of regret it now since I don't really know their potential.

18. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I got Panpour and I used it for a while can't actually remember when I ended up boxing it but it was probably something like it was good starting out I just wanted to change it up with something that fit my team better.

19. Wingmaster

Wingmaster The Tides of Destiny

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Yo, on my first playthrough, I used my "use one OP Pokémon and use him to crush everything and use nothing else" strategy with my Simipour, "Rastapasta". (Don't judge me, I'm serious.) It was super dumb because Rastapasta was like lvl 70 by the time I finished.

20. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I only used the Elemental Monkey for the gym and promptly placed them into the PC once I've defeated the gym. I don't really like them but when I put them in a list in the order that I like them it would be:

1. Pansage
    2. Panpour
    3. Pansear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.