1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Emerald Battle Frontier Brains

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Bubbles, Oct 26, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    In Pokémon Emerald there was a special location you could visit after defeating the Elite Four known as the Battle Frontier. In the Battle Frontier were seven different Battle Themed areas with a multitude of trainers to face. After defeating a certain amount of challenges however, you have to face a very powerful Pokémon master called a Battle Frontier Brain. For a few some they aren't much of a challenge, for many others they are extremely challenging. Who is your favorite Battle Frontier Brain and why? Where they difficult to battle? Did you ever manage to battle them? Have you earned the special Golden medal from their area? Do you have a least favorite Frontier Brain?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I've actually never managed to get to them. :( I was never a fan of the Battle Frontier in Emerald since there was no autoscaling levels and my Pokémon were way past the lv. 50 requirement when I unlocked it (nor did I really want to train and keep 'mons at 50). Might've challenged the leader of the rental facility but other than that I've never actually obtained a medal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I did get to the Battle Pike Lucy, but I never defeated her. The frontier brains were really difficult for me, since I think the AIs were tweaked really high. I adored the concept though and wish it will make a return in future games.

4. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I absolutely loved the Battle Frontier, and I put sooo much time and effort into it. The only one I distinctly remember getting to was Lucy, I got to her multiple times, urgh that darn Shuckle. I don't remember if I ever managed to defeat her or not, and I don't remember if I got to any of the other brains, but probably.

5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I could never stay focused on the game for long enough to actually get to that point in the game. I only played it on an emulator, so the game gets boring very easily. I actually never reached any of the Battle Frontier places in any game, so I really don't know if I'm missing out on too much. Maybe when I play these games once more on an emulator I will try to keep playing up to that point.

6. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    The only Frontier Brain I ever got to beat was Tucker, and oh man was that a fun battle! I think it lasted for 30 minutes just because of how worried I was that I would lose, haha. I was super excited when I finally beat him, it was definitely an awesome moment.

I also did fight Pike Queen Lucy, but I lost because of her stupid Shuckle. I didn't even lose the battle, it just stalled me out terribly when I was in the car with my parents, and I was forced to turn the game off when we got to our destination. I was kind of mad about that, haha.

7. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I didn't get competitive in Pokémon until Gen IV rolled around, so I didn't even get close to reaching any of the Brains. Not saying you need to be competitive to defeat the Brains, but it would sure help a lot as opposed to "casual" play.

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    These guys were really cool and interesting, with pretty cool teams. I wish this returned in OR/AS.

9. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Loved the battle frontier. I used to spend hours in there, with their fun games, especially the seviper one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.