1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Ena's Diamond Nuzlocke (ENDED)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Enasencca, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    I have been bitten by the Nuzlocke bug! Decided to do one of Pokémon Diamond, the very first game I played! I'm low key terrified, but hey, no pain no gain right? xD
    1. I can only catch the first Pokémon I encounter in each route/area. Shinies don't count!
    2. If the first encounter is a Pokémon that I already caught, it doesn't count.
    3. Also, the above rules only apply once I get Pokeballs. That tutorial Pokémon's not counting.
    4. I can't use Legendaries (Sorry Dialga)
    5. My starter Pokémon is decided by the last number of my trainer ID! 1-3 is Grass, 4-6 is Fire, 7-9 is Water and if it's 0, I get to choose.
    6. I have to nickname all my Pokémon!
    7. And last but not least, faint equals to dead in this playthrough, and I have to rlease it or put it in the PC. If all the Pokémon in my party faints/dies I consider this Nuzlocke to be a failure.
    This is my first Nuzlocke, so I hope I do okay! Wish me luck everyone!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    So I got a Piplup since my trainer ID ended with 9. That suits me just fine. I used a Chimchar in my first play through only to get MURDERED by that ground type elite four. So yeah, water is good. Water is life. I named the Piplup Triton because I'm an (un) creative soul.

Dear God, I'm only a minute into the game and I'm already hopelessly attached to him.

I levelled Triton by knocking out the wild Bidoofs on Route 201. Since I had no pokeballs yet, those encounters didn't count. Found an antidote on Sandgem Beach too!

After spamming the A button to get through the completely unecessary tutorial, I encountered yet another Bidoof on Route 201. Ugh. I didn't catch it, but it did make good Exp fodder. No more catching on Route 201 then. After battling yet another Bidoof Triton's now at a respectable Level 7. I hadn't seen any other Pokémon besides Bidoof. I was beginning to get worried . Was I destined to get Bidoofs forever?

But then the stars aligned and I got lucky on Route 202! Caught a Female Shinx with Intimidate! *happy dance* Named her Ororo. By the time I geot to Jubilife Ororo's risen to become level 8 from her measly level 3, and Triton had learned bubble and is at level 9. Overall, I feel I'm off to a pretty good start!

Triton, Knows Pound, Growl and Bubble. Ability: Torrent.

Ororo, Knows Tackle and Leer. Ability: Intimidate.

None yet!

#2 Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  3. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Good luck with your Nuzlocke! Hopefully you won't be having too many problems with Team Galactic, the Elite 4, and Cynthia!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Enasencca likes this.
  4. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Thank you! I hope I can complete this challenge!

5. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Ah, Jubilife City. I got a free Poketech, and robbed some little kids out of their pocket money and their TM. Taught hidden power to Ororo, and it's electric in typing! So she now has her first electric move. It's super useful against Barry's Starly, but not so much against his Turtwig... The whole battle basically consisted of Ororo using tackles and Turtwig making her life harder by spamming withdraw.

After I murdered my childhood Friend's Pokémon, I headed to Oreburgh. My first encounter on route 203 was unfortunately an Abra, which teleported away. Drat. Talk about unlucky. Which sucked, because I found a starly right after that. Seriously. I was forced to knock this starly out instead of adding it to my team.

Got into the cave and encountered a female Geodude. Maybe I trained Triton a little too much, because he nearly killed the rock Pokémon in one hit. Luckily she still had three Hp left, so I caught her and gave her a potion. I named her Gaia. She was lagging behind at only level 5, but I was hoping to fix that.

After that I headed to the mines. Caught a Zubat, and felt really good about myself. Then I challenged a worker to a battle. He had a Machop, which kept on scoring critical hits. D: He murdered Ororo, who was my second strongest team member! Triton managed to take him down before he killed anyone else, but it was too late. To make things worse, Gaia was killed in a fight with a wild Zubat, because she got confused and couldn't flee.

I hurried to the PokeCentre and deposited Ororo and Gaia into a box. Rest in peace you two. You both will be missed.

Triton, Level 13

Count, Level 7

Ororo

Gaia

6. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Went to route 207 to catch a Pokémon and got a female Machop I named Robin. Trained her in the mines until she was a respectable level 11, and Triton was at level 15. Decided I was ready for the Gym and stocked up on even more Potions.

I beat the two Gym Trainers quite easily. And as for Roark... Beat him just as easily. Seriously! My strategy was to use Robin until her hp was low, then switch for Triton. But all three Pokémon were knocked out with her rock smashes, even when she was 3 levels below them. Rather anticlimactic. Oh well. I guess I have a Coal Badge now!

Now that I can use Rock smash outside of battles I headed back into the cave and demolished every rock in my path. When I got to Oreburgh gate I managed to catch a Psyduck. Probably never gonna use him though. Named him Misty even if he's a boy and sent him into the PC.

Then I did a double battle with Lucas and save Professor Rowan. I sent out Count and let Lucas's Chimchar do all the work. Count levelled up, so now he's at level 8. He's still very weak however.

Now that that's out of the way and I received a free fashion case, onwards we go!

Triton, Level 15

Robin, Level 14

Count, Level 8

Misty, Level 8

Ororo

Gaia

7. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    So I went to Route 204, where my first encounter was a Starly. Finally! Caught her and named her Katniss. Battled with both her and Count for a while in preparation of facing Gardenia. Triton will have to sit out of this one.

I also found the TM Rock Tomb in the cave called Ravaged Path. Too bad I have no Pokémon that can use it effectively. GAIA WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME?!! *gross sobbing noises*

Reached Flaorama town! It's is my favorite Pokémon town, hands down. Left for Valley Windworks, where I caught a Pachirisu. Thank god, I have another electric type now. I named her Pixie. She took me 3 pokeballs to catch EVEN THOUGH HER HP WAS AT 1.

At this stage I made the decision to Box Count. He just wasn't keeping up, and I had Katniss now.

Tragey struck minutes later, as if to punish me for boxing Count. Pixie was killed battling a Grunt..! That's the second electric type I've lost. I'm beginning to think this is some kind of sign... The old man I saved gave me a jar of honey. Geez, thanks. I feel much better over losing my newest team member because I helped you now.

I put Pixie in the box graveyard, next to Ororo and Gaia. I made a vow right then and there that the next electric Pokémon I caught wouldn't meet the same fate as its predecessors.

Anyway, I managed to storm Valley Windworks without anymore casualties. I was feeling steamed, so it gave me great satisfaction to kill all the grunt's Pokémon. Then I faced down with the Commander. I murdered Mars's Zubat with Triton and her Purugly with Robin. I was feeling very satisfied with myself, especially when my little Triton evolved into Prinplup..!

*sniff* My little murder penguin is growing up so fast.

Well, that's all folks! Stay tuned for the next post!

Triton, Level 16

Robin, level 16

Katniss, Level 12

Misty

Count

Ororo

Gaia

Pixie

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    RIP your electric types. Abra is a butt with its Teleport, but it looks like you're making it! Look at Murder Penguin go!

Enasencca likes this.
  9. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Thank you for the support! My murder penguin is killing everything in its path. I couldnt be more prouder :3

10. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    After picking all the berry trees in this town bare, it's time to move on. I went to route 205 and did you know what Pokémon I encountered first? A pachirisu. Truly, Arceus is having a laugh at my expense. Since I have no intention of replacing Pixie, I knock it out. After that I just grind with Katniss to prepare for Gardenia. All the training paid off when she evolved into Staravia. Now I have two murder birds! xD To make things even better, she has Intimidate as an ability now!

After I rested in some random stranger's home I enter Eterna Forest. I get accosted by a girl named Cheryl who decides to tag along. Apparently she brings me bad luck because I encountered a Murkrow, but her Chansey killed it before I could catch it. Thanks a lot Cheryl. Although she does heal my Pokémon, so I guess I can't complain. And when I had to fight a girl with a Pachirisu her Chansey took the Spark, not Katniss. Thank Arceus.

All the Bug Trainers make great exp fodder for Katniss, so all in all the trip is a sucess. Cheryl ended up ditching me once we leave the forest. She didn't even leave me with her number! Great team spirit. I traverse the fishermen bridge, where I experienced the most boring battle I have ever experienced. Battling 6 Magikarps. :/ I then obtained the FRIENSHIP TRACKER. When I checked only Triton actually liked me. *sobs*

I head to Gardenia's Gym. All I have to say is this: Katniss is an ABSOLUTE BEAST. She knocked out all of the Pokémon in that gym with one Wing Attack. When I say all I mean all, from the gym trainers to Gardenia. She hasn't been damaged at all. Seriously! This is beginning to remind me of my first play through and grossly overpowered monferno.

After that I go to the Galactic Building. I'm forced to teach Triton Cut since he's the only one capable of learning it. I remember when my Infernape had Cut for the whole game because HMs couldn't be replaced! This is bringing back bad memories. I cut the tree in my path with more force than necessary and storm the building. Katniss again helps by knocking out Jupiter's Skuntank in just three turns.

Well, I'm off to bed now. See you guys tomorrow!

Triton, Level 19

Robin, Level 18

Katniss, Level 25

Misty

Count

Ororo

Gaia

Pixie

#10 Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  11. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    After getting a free bicycle and doing the explorer quests I head to the next town. Along the way I catch a Ponyta I named Hestia and a Meditide I called Emma. I'm feeling really good! So far there's been no more casualties and I'm grinding both Katniss and Emma for the fighting gym. I taught Emma Rock Tomb since I need some kind of leverage against flying types. I then got the exp share! It made my life SO MUCH EASIER thank you Lucas's dad! Put it on Hestia so she'd level up quicker.

Unfortunately for me, Hestia was murdered by an eldery artist just at the entrance of Hearthome City. He only had a Combee for goodness sakes! But she didn't have any fire moves yet so the Combee took her down. Sent Katniss out and she avenged Hestia.

I knew that Hestia wouldn't be in my final line-up, but still... She was gone too soon. I'm so sorry Hestia.

Once I arrived in Hearthome I headed to the Pokémon Contest Hall and did some contests. It was fun! I was in good spirits, at least until Barry AMBUSHED ME ON THE WAY TO THE Pokémon CENTRE. All my Pokémon, except for Emma, were at low health. Ye gods Barry, I haven't even buried Hestia yet! Have you no shame?!!

I used Emma's turn to heal up Triton, then Barry's starly knocked her out with one wing attack. Sent out Triton to murder that bird. Healed Katniss who proceeded to steamroll through all the other Pokémon. Serves Barry right!

Went to the Pokémon Centre and buried Hestia and Emma next to Pixie. Was feeling really melancholy as I walked through the streets. I wondered if I should even bother catching new Pokémon. As if a sign from the heavens, a hiker gave me an egg! I wonder what it'll hatch to... If memory serves me right it's going to be a Happiny.

Well, I guess that's it for now. See you later!

Triton, Level 22

Robin, Level 20

Katniss, Level 27

Mysterious Egg

Misty

Count

Ororo

Gaia

Pixie

Hestia

Emma

12. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Decided not to catch any Pokémon on route 207 until nighttime so I may be able to catch a Gastly. But I did catch a Pokémon in Route 210! It was a male geodude I named Boulder. I'm so sorry Gaia, but I desperately need a ground/rock type on my team. There was also this one farmer who had a killer Girafarig. Despite being 5 levels below Triton it didn't faint! I was actually forced to use a super potion, that's how strong it was.

I'm swear I'm gonna catch one for myself in the future if it's the last thing I do!

Did a double battle and boulder almost murdered Robin with his magnitude! Luckily it didn't come to that, so Robin is still alive and well. That was a really close one though, she only had 3 hp left. Nearly gave me a heart attack XD After that I try to use a path, but it's blocked by some psyducks. Ookay then. I guess I'll just... go into the Cafe and harass the employees for battles. I try asking around to find out what the creepy looking psyducks are doing. Turns out they're suffering from a horrible migraine and won't let anyone pass until they recover. Geez, give these Pokémon some kind of headache medicine already! I mean, they're literally standing next to the cafe, which sells Moomoo Milk, which can apparently heal sicknesses. Make the connection!

At this stage I'm hoping Triton learn another water move to replace Bubble, because quite frankly it sucks. But when I checked Bulbapedia it said Triton was supposed to learn bubble beam at level 19..! What the hell?!! He sure didn't learn that! I raged for a few minutes before I calmed down. Soon I'd get the HMs Surf and Waterfall, so there's that, right? Turns out my worries were actually unfounded. For some odd reason Triton learned Bubble Beam once he became level 24. Murdered some Sudowoodos with his new move :)

It rained as soon as I entered Route 215, so Triton's stronger. If that's not a good omen I don't know what is. And look! A few seconds later I encounter a Kadabra and managed to catch it! Finally! A new Psychic Type! This is going to be useful in the Veilstone Gym. Named him Xavier in honour of poor Emma.

Now if only I can get ahold of an electric type...

Triton, Level 24

Robin, Level 24

Katniss, Level 27

Mysterious Egg

Boulder, Level 22

Xavier, Level 22

Misty

Count

Ororo

Gaia

Pixie

Hestia

Emma

13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Good luck with the rest of this challenge! I also hope you find yourself a good electric-type soon! I had the exact same problem in my own run where my electric types would keep getting killed. =_=

You know, I'd never actually thought about the fact that the sick psyduck are hanging out right outside a cafe that sells healing milk...

Bulbapedia probably was telling you Prinplup's new moveset from Generation 7. To see previous movesets, there are numbers (in Roman numerals) in the top right corner of the list that'll show you older or newer movesets. I think it's kind of ridiculous how late Prinplup learns a good water-type move...

14. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Thank you! And yeah, it's awful, I have no electric types now ;u; Oh the sorrow!

Never thought of that! That will help me very much on this run :D

Mandriel likes this.
  15. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Ok, before you all shout at me for being so inactive let me tell you the reasons:

1. My document detailing everything that had happened recently disappeared, so I'm unsure of what exactly transpired between the last post and my current position.

2. School's been really stressful recently so I'm more inactive than I usually am.

3. I've been obsessing over some other nds fames recently.

16. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Alright, I'm back for now! Here's a list of changes that has transpired between the last post and now, which had disappeared in my old document.

1. XAVIER DIED!!! One of the Gym Trainers had a Machoke which knew Revenge, and you can guess how that worked out T_T This is the second time one of my strongest Pokémon was killed by the Machop evolutionary line..!

2. I backtracked when I heard about The Trophy Garden! Along the way I caught a Stunky I named Stella (If you recognize the reference I'll kiss you) and I finally caught an electric Type in the garden! A Male Pikachu I named Circuit~

3. Now on my way to the next city! Stay tuned for more!

Triton, Level 26

Robin, Level 27

Katniss, Level 31

Boulder, Level 25

Stella, Level 24

Circuit, Level 21

Misty

Count

Duke

Mysterious Egg

Ororo

Gaia

Pixie

Hestia

Emma

Xavier, Level 22

#16 Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  17. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Can I just say how annoying it is that Stella will only learn a dark type move at level 37 in these games?

The route was filled with psychics using psychic or ghost types, but of course Stella couldn't battle, because the only attack moves she had was fury swipes and toxic! Not to mention, this one Haunter kept on using confuse ray on all my other Pokémon.

*heavy breathing intensifies*

Stella isn't really weak, but I do wish she had more moves. This is just pitiful. I tried looking for a TM to help her in the Veilstone Department Store but came up with nothing. But hey! I did get a Blizzard TM, which I taught to Triton in preparation of Cynthia's Garchomp! Also I just learned that as an Empoleon, Triton is super weak against Ground types. Note to self: DO NOT EVOLVE WATER BIRB.

Does anyone know how to get an Everstone?

After trudging through Mud that reached my chin we finally get to Pastoria City! Now it's time for... more muddy walking? I'm talking about the Safari Zone, which I had decided to treat as a route. I'm eligible to catch ONE Pokémon in every area, and only the first encounter. Payed 500 and in I go!

In Area 5 I encountered an adorable Azurill which I quickly caught. Score! Named him Nibbles and set him to PC. Let's see what else I can find here!

In Area 4 I encountered a... Marill? Well, alright then. Caught it and named him Jerry. After that I rode a train to Area 1, but everything there I had already encountered or caught somewhere else, so I left for the other areas.

The bell soon rang and I had to leave, but at least I had two new Pokémon in my PC now, as well as a randomly given to me HM Defog. Up next: The Long awaited Gym battle!

#17 Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  18. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    The Water Gym Trainers gave Circuit little trouble, except for the ocasionnal Barboach. I taught him Grass Knot so he'd have some kind of defense against the Quagsire if needed, and then it was time. *inhales sharply*

Crasher sent out his Gyarados, which was two levels stronger than Circuit. Knowing that, I used Thunder on it for a one hit knockout, as I couldn't afford any attacks like Dragon Rage. The Quagsire I've been dreading was... surprisingly easy. The Grass Knot took it out in two turns, even with the super potion factored in. And Circuit didn't receive damage at all, unless you count the tail whip.

Then it was Circuit VS Floatzel! Circuit went first with a Thunder, which halved the opponent's HP! YES! Unfortunately he had a berry which restored some of the health. Then the Floatzel used Pursuit, which nearly killed Circuit, but luckily he preserved. And the Floatzel became paralysed from Circuit's ability Static!

At this point I felt really good about myself and used a Super Potion to recover all lost HP. By some miracle however, the Floatzel managed to attack using an Ice Fang, which somehow killed Circuit! My third Electric Type!

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

After that I sent out Katniss to avenge him and won, but it was a bitter victory. I buried Circuit and withdrew Duke the Roselia in his place. Rest in peace, my beloved Pikachu.

Triton, Level 26

Robin, Level 27

Katniss, Level 31

Boulder, Level 25

Stella, Level 27

Duke, Level 20

Misty

Count

Mysterious Egg

Ororo

Gaia

Pixie

Hestia

Emma

Xavier

Circuit

19. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Enasencca Everstone is in the Underground, on the Haunter trade in Snowpoint City, and 5% held on wild Geodude and Graveler.

Enasencca likes this.
  20. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Ah, thank you! Guess I'll have to cross my fingers and hope for a Medicham!