1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Ena's Platinum Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Enasencca, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    After the last two times I've nuzlocked (both which resulted in me losing the game files) and after seeing a cool animation on youtube, I decided to start another one and finish it this time! With all that said, welcome to my Platinum Nuzlocke!

Rules:
    1. I can only catch the first Pokémon I encounter in each route/area.
    2. If the first encounter is a Pokémon that I already caught, it doesn't count.
    3. Also, the above rules only apply once I get Pokeballs. That tutorial Pokémon's not counting.
    4. I can catch a shiny regardless of whether it's the first Pokémon I found, but I can only use it if it was the first Encounter.
    5. I can't use Legendaries.
    6. I have to nickname all my Pokémon.
    7. And last but not least, faint equals to dead in this playthrough, and I have to release it or put it in the PC. If all the Pokémon in my party faints/dies I consider this Nuzlocke to be a failure.
    With all that said, let's begin!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    I started out in good old Twinleaf Town, where I nearly got peer pressured into entering the tall grass without a Pokémon. Professor Rowan, the good authority figure he is, stops us and decides giving us a Pokémon is the best course of action. I decided to pick Chimchar this time around, partly because he was my very first Pokémon and partly because I've already played through Diamond with Piplup my last nuzlocke. Named him Hiruzen. My baby now.

I grinded him to level 10 in the tall grass before I head over to get my Pokeballs from Lucas. My first encounter on Route 202 was... a Bidoof. No surprise there. Caught it and named him Goofy, for really obvious reasons. On the way back to town I encountered a starly on Route 201- Sent Hiruzen out...

...And he promptly killed it in one scratch. Whoops.

After screaming about it I remembered the tall grass around Lake Verity and went back there. True to form, I found another starly, and this time I sent goofy out against it so it wouldn't immediately die on me. Named her Katniss after my old murder bird in Diamond, and grinded her until she was on level with Hiruzen.

Then it's off to Jubilife City! I delivered the parcel to Barry and get the Town Map, beat up some schoolkids, and get myself a Poketech. Pretty standard experience. While walking through Route 204, I caught a female Shinx with the Rivalry ability and named her Luka. Not my first choice of ability, but I'll take it. Then it was another grinding session until she was up to par.

I also made sure to pop into Route 218 after getting an Old Rod, fishing up a Magikarp for myself. Named him Naydra, after the ice dragon in Breath of The Wild. Leveling him was going to be a nightmare of switching in and switching out tactics, but dangit I wanted to get myself a Gyarados. Those things are monsters.

Well, time to head to Oreburgh! The second I step foot on the route however, Barry careens into me and demands a battle. He first sends out his starly, which Hiruzen makes quick work of, then his Piplup, which Luka kills with her newly learned Spark. Tough luck. I continue down the route grinding Naydra, and both Katniss and Hiruzen evolved!

After getting the HM Rock Smash from a random hiker, I found a male psyduck in Oreburgh path I was planning on naming Donald. Unfortunately, Hiruzen apparently hates birds, and killed this one in one hit as well. Drat!

My luck finally changed for the better once I was in Oreburgh: more specifically, its mines. My first encounter was a female onix, who I caught and named Terra. I tried to get a Pokémon on route 207, and found myself a male geodude I named Ben, who I then boxed. I have Terra after all. After grinding her some more, I decided I was finally ready for Roark.

Roark sends out his geodude first. Terra made quick work of it with her rock smash. But then he immediately sent out Cranidos, which had me switching over to Hiruzen. The Cranidos did a Headbutt that landed a CRITICAL HIT that had Hiruzen's health down in yellow, while Hiruzen's Mach Punch brought it down to red. Next turn Roark used a potion, but one more mach punch and his cranidos was dead. The final Pokémon was Onix, which Terra again beat quite easily. The battle was won, and the Coal Badge was mine.

I backtracked back to Jubilife, where Professor Rowan is scolding a bunch of grunts. They were pretty good exp fodder for my party. Got a fashion case and left for Flaorama Town, grinding and battling on the way. Luka ends up evolving into Luxio!

Hiruzen AGAIN murders a zubat on Ravaged Path, which leads me to believe he has something against flying types in general. That's alright though. I caught a Buizel at Valley Windworks I named Miles, and now it's time to storm the place now that I've got the key. That'll be for next time though!

Hiruzen, Level 16

Katniss, Level 16

Luka, Level 16

Terra, Level 15

Naydra, Level 15

Goofy

Ben

Miles

None yet!

3. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 20.22.49.png
    I drew my team! (I hope I don't have to redraw this)

4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My goodness that is a charming art style, love Naydra

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...