1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Endrew's FireRed ROM Hack (Pokemon Reversed Edition)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Weedle Enthusiast, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I finished it up like an hour ago, and figured that maybe I should make a topic about it (instead of a status update).

There are a few major changes that I made:

1. Physical/Special Split, but swapped
    • Tackle uses Special Attack
    • Hyper Beam uses Attack
    • etc
    2. The starters have been replaced with the gen 6 starters

3. Fairy Typing is added in

Minor changes I made:

1. I have added some new moves to the game (and I changed a couple existing ones)

2. Impossible evolutions are changed to be possible

3. All the Gen 4 evolutions to existing Pokémon are added (the base Pokémon learn all moves by 50, so that is a good level to evolve them, since due to programming restraints, I could only give one level-up move).

4. Running Indoors is allowed

5. Names are decapitalized

6. I updated the moves to gen 6 (at least all that I noticed)

Before I look into uploading this anywhere, I would like some beta testers. If you are willing to help, reply below, so that I know that people are doing it.

Things that definitely need checked:

1. If the Fairy Typing works properly. At long last it does!

2. What happens when one a Pokémon evolves into the new evolutions I have added. No issues from what I've seen

3. If any of the starter Pokédex entries are glitchy The Pokédex itself is slightly glitchy in look, but no issues besides that that I can see.

Here is the link to the game:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_aWWN0KnEOoemk4ZzRYSEtXRGc/view?usp=sharing

Errors I know about:

1. The menu sprites. I will probably look those up, to try and add them in. For now, I they won't be right This has been fixed, but the sinnoh evolutions all share Fennekin's sprite due to an issue I can't fix

2. Some Pokémon can learn Dark Pulse that probably can't normally. This is because at the time that it was added in, I ran out of patience and quit trying to change all the Pokémon.

3. Sand Tomb is physical still. I got it mixed up earlier, and I finally remembered while at the computer to fix it. But I'd prefer not to reupload it again for a small change that will be made already when I am uploading this to wherever else I do This has been fixed

4. Pokémon cries. I need to look into how to change these. This is no longer considered error, and is now marked under, "Things I can't fix"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    So I just downloaded and tested it for about 10 minutes and it runs great so far. The biggest thing for me is that I have yet to encounter a non-kanto Pokémon (I'm only in viridian but still). Some of the sprites for froakie (I chose froakie) are still swapped with squirtle and the cries are still set to squirtle. Chespin only knew struggle and actually forced me to use a potion to beat. Other than that it runs great so far.

edit: and now my save file is gone! apparently it never saved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    @[member="Strytho"] I didn't add any new wild Pokémon. I just changed the starters and added some evolutions. I'll check out Chespin's moves, because that is odd. Menu sprites is under the known errors section. I need to look into that and sound changing. I'll check when I get the chance, to see if it is the ROM that fails at saving

4. IceyEmmy

IceyEmmy Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.2
    For roms period, saving is an issue. You normally have to work with your settings on your emulator to be able to successfully save. If you don't want to look that up, I'll suggest using save states, as they are really useful.

5. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
  6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Hey Endrew, I downloaded it but I don't know how to get my save state back xD Do you know how to do that on VisualBoyAdvance? Other than that it worked for me, although chespin having to struggle its way through battle was a bit annoying.

7. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    I don't know about your emulator, I use No Cash and Myboy. Which version did you download? The newer one has that fixed

Edit: I noticed a few more errors while Nuzlocking, and I fixed those up