1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Endrew's Pokemon Y Venelocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Weedle Enthusiast, May 21, 2017.

1. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    If you want to read the thread that has all the rules, it is right here: https://lakevalor.net/threads/venelocke-a-type-of-nuzlocke.17464/

I am playing with all the optional move rules, but neither of the optional ones that increase difficulty.
    I guess I will attempt to do a story version of this. I am playing in German, to see if I how well I know the game and the language.

The Journey Begins
    Hello everyone, my name is Valor, and my town is home to the HQ of the last resistance group against our government. The Champion decided that Pokémon had too much freewill. Soon, companies started producing Pokeballs that killed the Pokémon. It then revives them as either a spirit or a zombie. While the zombies aren't very good at learning how to fight without large sacrifices of Pokémon, and the spirits are not very good at advancing, most people don't care. They'll slaughter as many of the poor creatures as it takes. The Pokémon will do whatever they are told now, and don't need taken care of. And sadly, almost everyone likes it better that way.

Today I am setting of with one of the 5 remaining non-undead Pokémon that we know of. With me are 4 other trainers around my age. Thankfully the professor is sympathetic to our cause. We all resolve that we will not harm any more Pokémon than is necessary to oust the Champion. So we decide that we will not catch a Pokémon unless it is the first one we encounter on a route. Since it takes too many Pokémon to do it, we agree not to grind our spirits or teach new moves to our zombies.

I get Chespin as my starter, and name it Glucklich. On the first route, I get a zombified Pidgey which I name Zombird. In the forest, I get a spirit Caterpie who gets named Spoops. Next Zap the zombie Pikachu joins, followed by Casper the ghostly Bunnelby. Outside the gym, a sympathetic Roller Blader supplies me with a pair of Rollerskates, after I prove that I have a living Pokémon. Sadly, I will have to train some, and harm more Pokémon before I can take on the first Gym Leader. But soon, I will receive my first badge of eight that I need to take on the government in battle.

The Team so Far:
    Glucklich the Chespin- Level 9 Living
    Tackle, Vinewhip, Rollout, and Growl

Zombird the Pidgey- Level 9 Zombie
    Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust

Spoops the Metapod- Level 7 Spirit
    Tackle, String Shot, Harden

Zap the Pikachu-
    Level 8 Zombie
    Tail Whip, Thundershock, Growl, Play Nice

Casper the Bunnelby-
    Level 6 Spirit
    Tackle, Agility, Leer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Xarn likes this.
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Looking forward to seeing how this goes, it's an intriguing rule set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Weedle Enthusiast likes this.
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I am gonna be following this venelocke!!

4. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    The next 2 gyms
    I entered the gym, not realizing I'd be trapped until I beat the leader. Luckily, thanks to Zap, we were able to beat both the Surskit and Vivillon with no casualties. Continuing on I was able to capture a zombie Flabebe which I named Dark Dryad. The Professor kindly supplied me with a Squirtle after beating him in a battle. I named said Pokémon Gefarlich. After meeting an odd man named Lysandre, I was sent to a cafe. At that cafe, I met the person who I dream of taking out. She seems so nice, so I know my group hasn't been discovered yet. Continuing on, I found a Minun zombie, who I named Minus. A Snorlax blocked the path. So we headed to a palace to get the Pokeflute. While there, I got a ghost Oddish who I named Chaotic. On my way back from the palace, Casper was killed by a tag team of Furfrou. Somewhat distressed, I began to run to the next town. I grabbed the Snorlax on my way through, and named the spirit Pokémon Goop Gobbler, as she wouldn't stop eating any ectoplasm she found. I stopped and trained at the Battle Maison for a while to catch Goop Gobbler up a bit. As I moved along I was joined by a zombie Whismur named Moan, and a ghost Seviper named Banshee. I was told to grab some fossils from a cave with Serena. On the way, I got hippobones the zombie hippopatas, and in the cave Majora the zombie Lunatone joined me. I got a normal Tyrunt from my fossil, which didn't let me nickname it. In the town, I caught a Luvdisc. He turned out to be a ghost, and I named him Dutch.

I didn't mention this earlier, but there is a way to restore undead Pokémon to normal. It requires the sacrifice of another undead. One of the opposite variety. Each gym offers one use of it when you beat them.

Knowing that sadly Luvdisc would not be of much use, and that he was already dead, I let the gym use the dark ritual to restore Dark Dryad. It felt wrong, but I know she will be a great ally, and I want her to be able to learn better moves.

With my team ready, I challenged the next gym. Goop Gobbler easily dispatched the Amoura with 2 Rock Smashes, and Dark Dryad (who had evolved on the way to the town) easily took out the Tyrunt with 2 Fairy Winds. My luck is going unbelievably well. I feel like I might be able to reach the Champion with no casualties.

Current Team:
    Goop Gobbler the Snorlax- Level 23 Spirit
    Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Lick

Gefarlich the Wartortle-
    Level 25 Normal
    Tackle, Bite, Bubble, Withdraw

Spoops the Butterfree- Level 24 Spirit
    Stun Spore, Gust, Infestation, Psybeam

Dark Dryad the Floette- Level 24 Restored
    Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind, (Beschwörung)

Glücklich the Quilladin- Level 25 Normal
    Pin Missile, Shadow Claw, Vine Whip, Rollout

Zap the Pikachu- Level 23 Zombie
    Nuzzle, Thundershock, Quick Attack, Play Nice

In the Box:
    -Zombird the Pidgey Zombie
    -Minus the Minun Zombie
    -Chaotic the Oddish Spirit
    -Moan the Whismur Zombie
    -Banshee the Seviper Spirit
    -hippobones the Hippopatas Zombie
    -Majora the Lunatone Zombie
    -Tyrunt the Normie

Perma-Deaths:
    Casper the Bunnelby Spirit

Honorable Sacrifices:
    Dutch the Luvdisc Spirit

Part 3 will be released after someone else posts, since I'm currently in 3rd gym.

#4 May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Great work so far. poor luvdisc, his honorable sacrifice shall be remembered

6. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    An Unexpected Ally
    Moving along to the next town, I encounter a zombie Emolga, and I name him Viral. Shortly afterwards I run into Team Flare again. I feel like I forgot to mention having a run in with them at the fossil cave. Their fashion is very similar to Lysandre, but I’m sure that is just a coincidence. Geosenge town really didn’t have much except a lot of suspicious rock formations and a single grunt that I lost track of. Another person I forgot to mention was this weird roller skating girl with two Lucarios. Those things hard counter my team, except for Spoops, who took them both down with ease. Outside the town I find a Nidorina spirit who I name Toriel (feel free to ask why in my Q&A if you’d like. It is a bit of a story). Inside the nearby cave I catch a zombie Solosis who I nickname Necro (the other name is a CAH kinda joke). Travelling through the cave, I lose Goop Gobbler. Without thinking, I leave her in at close to full health against a Throh. Revenge is a dreadful thing. Shortly after, I left Spoops in against a Hawlucha. I remembered it was flying type shortly before it outspeed and OHKO’d with Rock Tomb, and after I had already instructed Butterfree to use Psybeam. Fleeing the cave, I grabbed Necro and Toriel from the PC to replace my fallen friends. And to protect me from more fighting types, even though my weakness is gone. Knowing that I kind of needed a psychic type that could learn good moves, I sacrificed Banshee to restore Necro. I feel extra bad about this one, but I was desperate. Oh, and a weird guy took the remains of Dutch and gave me a Steelix corpse earlier. That was pretty weird, but oh well.

After going into the Tower in the next town, I discovered that the roller skater gal was a gym leader. But surprisingly, she is on the side of the resistance. After a bit of battling, it was decided that I was the best one to gain access to Mega Evolution. I also managed to beat the gym with no further casualties. Necro tried facing Mienfoo, but I quickly had to switch into Toriel. Toriel Poison Pointed it, and then went in with Venoshock. Glucklich went to town on the Machoke with Needle Arm. Zap only got to Nuzzle Hawlucha before I went into Dark Dryad and once more spammed Fairy Wind.

Current Team:
    Necro the Solosis- Level 27 Restored
    Infestation, Hidden Power (Unknown), Psyshock, Thunderwave

Gefarlich the Wartortle-
    Level 33 Normal
    Tackle, Bite, Bubble, Water Pulse

Toriel the Nidorina- Level 27 Spirit
    Shadow Claw, Double Kick, Bite, Venoshock

Dark Dryad the Floette- Level 33 Restored
    Tackle, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind, Petal Blizzard

Glücklich the Quilladin- Level 33 Normal
    Pin Missile, Shadow Claw, Needle Arm, Rollout

Zap the Pikachu- Level 32 Zombie
    Nuzzle, Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam

In the Box:
    -Minus the Minun Zombie
    -Moan the Whismur Zombie
    -Viral the Emolga Zombie
    -Tyrunt the Normie

Perma-Deaths:
    Goop Gobbler the Snorlax Spirit
    Spoops the Butterfree Spirit

Honorable Sacrifices:
    Dutch the Luvdisc Spirit
    Banshee the Seviper Spirit

#6 May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    I notice that you mentioned steelix, yet it isn't in the PC, is it just another perma dead body then?

8. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    3 Quick Badges
    I was told to meet her at the top of that tower. At the top, she gave me one of her Lucarios, and we had a quick battle. I named him Freiheit and replaced Zap on my team. On my way out of town, my one neighbor gave me Surf. Outside of town, I was given Freude the Lapras as well. The resistance is a little more wide-spread than I thought. In the grass, I caugth a Tauros Ghost, who I nicknamed Haunted Maze. I found a shiny stone which I used to evolve Dark Dryad on that same route. Continuing on, I met the evil champion once again, this time with the professor. I'm not sure how she missed the hatred in his eyes. Soon, I came upon a desert, where I found Bane the Trapinch ghost. Replacing Toriel, I continued on, letting the Exp. Share that I was given a long time ago raise him up. I took on the grass gym. Necro, now a Duosion easily took on the Jumpluff. His Gogoat gave me a bit of trouble until I sent in Glucklich. Glucklich ended up having to face the rest of the gym on her own. Entering the power plant to try and get power back into Lumiose so I could challenge the gym, I discovered Team Flare. Not sure why I keep bumping into these guys, but they don't seem to like me being around. The next gym shockingly close at hand, Bane handled all the small trainers fairly easily, thus being the electric gym. He didn't evolve into Vibrava yet, so Freiheit swept with Swords Dance and Power-Up Punch before using Shadow Claw and Rock Tomb. There was a small swamp that I grabbed a Zombie Stunfisk named Squish from. Then I took on yet another gym leader, since they were so close. It was the fairy gym. My Mega Blastoise smashed through the Mawile with Surf. I combo of Skull BAsh and Aqua Tail took out the Mr. Mime. Dark Dryad took on the Sylveon with Fairy Wind after Freiheit proved unable to take the Dazzling Gleams well.

Current Team:

Necro the Reuniclus- Level 43 Restored
    Psychic, Hidden Power (Rock), Psyshock, Thunderwave

Gefarlich the (Mega) Blastoise-
    Level 44 Normal
    Surf, Bite, Aqua Tail, Skull Bash

Toriel the Nidorina- Level 29 Spirit
    Shadow Claw, Double Kick, Bite, Venoshock

Dark Dryad the Florges- Level 43 Restored
    Dazzling Gleam, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind, Petal Blizzard

Glücklich the Chesnaught- Level 44 Normal
    Low Sweep, Shadow Claw, Seed Bomb, Spiky Shield

Freiheit the (Mega) Lucario- Level 44 Normal
    Power Up Punch, Swords Dance, Rock Tomb, Shadow Claw

In the Box:
    -Minus the Minun Zombie
    -Moan the Whismur Zombie
    -Viral the Emolga Zombie
    -Tyrunt the Normie
    -Zap the Pikachu Zombie
    -Freude the Lapras Normie
    -Haunted Maze the Tauros Spirit
    -Squish the Stunfisk Zombie
    -Unguy the Foongus Zombie

Perma-Deaths:
    Bane the Vibrava Spirit

Honorable Sacrifices:
    Dutch the Luvdisc Spirit

9. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Good old Mega Blastoise. That's one of my favorites because of my own X nuzlocke. She was an absolute beast

10. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    It's an interesting approach to add the story element at the start, although I was a bit confused as to why there zombies in a Pokémon game for a minute there haha

11. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    I just wanna open this up saying, sorry, until closer to the end, this will be even more of an info dump than usual. I got busy, and so never got around to doing this until now, quite a while after finishing it (the 28th I believe). I may also mess up the order a little, but I don't think so.
    _______________________________________​

It is Finally Over
    Heading out from the fairy gym, I knew I had to break into the Pokéball company. Turns out Team Flare did it first, and wouldn't let me get through without a fight. When I made it to the owner, he fell on his knees, begging for forgiveness. Turns out that he was only producing these Pokeballs because his family was being held hostage. He gave me the Master Ball and the some gold as an apology, and wished me luck on beating the Champion. I made my way to the Psychic gym, and beat them without issue. Next, I headed for the Ice gym. During all that time, I caught a Sandslash, a Klefki, a Poliwhirl, a Snover, a Gothorita, a Pupitar, and a Jigglypuff that I traded for a Bisharp (see details below). I forgot to change Toriel out from the front of the party before facing Wulford. But, it was an Abomasnow, so it wasn't too bad. Venoshock did over half its health. Ice Beam did about 80% of mine though. So to test for Ice Shard (as they pretty much always go for that move if it is had and you are at low health). It used Ice Beam again. Knowing that I outspeed and would take it out, i used Venoshock again. Toriel died to that secret Ice Shard. No more casualties were had though. I sacrificed Chaotic to restore hippobones, as I wanted a bulkier Pokémon. I soon found out that Team Flare was intending to wipe out humans to save Pokémon. I wanted to save the Pokémon too, and would have actually helped them if I wasn't so close to facing the Champion. Instead, I had to defeat them with the help of my allies that I left home with. Using a Quick Ball, I captured the Yveltal, naming it Satix's Band, though I am not sure why. It is like there is someone controlling me and making me make a reference to a chatroom conversation. It joined the team, replacing Glucklich. Heading to the Elite Four, I caught an Ursaring and a Gurdurr. The very last trainer before I left Victory Road, pulled another surprise strategy, like Wulford. Unlike all the other trainers, they used their weaker move a bunch of times in a row, and then dropped a more powerful after a long time. That move took out Gefarlich. I added Freude as a replacement. As Freude and hippobones were very underleveled, I went to the Battle Maison for a few days to train them up. I grew impatient, and even with them quite underleveled, I took on the Elite Four. Steel I beat with no losses. Fire I almost did the same with, but I didn't expect Torkoal to take a Surf so well. Stone Edge ended Freude. I proceeded to beat Water and Dragon without too much difficulty. Finally, I got to face the one I have yearned to defeat. I was defeating them with fairly relative ease. Freiheit eventually had to eventually start sweeping, after getting a Swords Dance up in exchange for a Reflect. Finally, she sent out her Mega Gardevoir. It barely lived my attack, and then wiped out Freiheit. The reflect then faded away, reminding me of lead to them living. Satix's Band got me revenge with Phantom Force. Having become the champion, I abolished the Pokéball laws, and put new ones in to protect all Pokémon in the future. All the grateful trainers even threw me a parade.

Winning Team:
    Necro the Reuniclus- Level 65 Restored
    Psychic, Hidden Power (Rock), Psyshock, Thunderwave

Satix's Band the Yveltal-
    Level 63 Spirit
    Phantom Force, Oblivion Wing, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse

hippobones the Hippowdon- Level 54 Restored
    Double Edge, Earthquake, Crunch, Yawn

Dark Dryad the Florges- Level 66 Restored
    Dazzling Gleam, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind, Petal Blizzard

Freude the Lapras- Level 54 Dead
    Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

Freiheit the (Mega) Lucario- Level 65 Dead
    Close Combat, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Tomb

In the Box:
    -Minus the Minun Zombie
    -Moan the Whismur Zombie
    -Viral the Emolga Zombie
    -Tyrunt the Normie
    -Zap the Pikachu Zombie
    -Freude the Lapras Normie
    -Haunted Maze the Tauros Spirit
    -Squish the Stunfisk Zombie
    -Unguy the Foongus Zombie
    -Sandwitch the Sandslash Spirit
    -Terra the Gurdurr Zombie
    -Zomkey the Klefki Zombie
    -Frog Legs the Poliwhirl Spirit
    -Snow More the Snover Zombie
    -Terror the Pupitar Zombie
    -Possessed the Gothorita Zombie
    -Sharpo the Bisharp Spirit
    -Major the Ursaring (I forget)

Perma-Deaths:
    Bane the Vibrava Spirit
    Toriel the Nidoqueen Spirit
    Gefarlich the Blastoise Normie

Honorable Sacrifices:
    Dutch the Luvdisc Spirit
    Chaotic the Oddish Spirit

If I do these in the future, I will probably put in a rule that says zombies can also learn STAB moves, and make it so that Spirits die automatically after 20 levels. Zombies were always a disappointment to get, and Spirits are practically normal Pokémon, with especially if you have a VS Seeker or a Battle Maison. I plan to do a Wonderlocke in the near future, though I may or may not log it here. Let me know if you'd prefer that I log it, and I will. If there is not much interest, I'll just share my experiences on Discord occasionally.