1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Endure+Weakness Policy Electrode (Viable?)

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by sohrob101, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Hello folks, so if you recall i made an Endure+Weakness policy post, explaining the strategy, if you don't know about the strategy i suggest you go here: http://lakevalor.net/topic/8107-the-endure-weakness-policy-strategy/
    Anyways, while talking to my good friend Darkest Ninja, about some team mixtures and strategies, i started to check what was the fastest endure Pokémon, that had priority. Well what do you know. Electrode not only has an amazing base speed, but can also learn endure, and weakness policy. Here is the moveset i made for it

(Update: Added new moves, and sentences thanks to @Wiso Altread)
    (Update: Added Substitute, and sentences thanks to @Synthesia)

Electrode @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Aftermath
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Endure/Substitute
    - Explosion/HP Ice
    - Electro Ball/Thunderbolt
    Pretty straight forward if you ask me. You have Sucker punch for priority after you use endure and activate the weakness policy. You have Explosion if you want to go out with a bang. You also have Electro Ball, since it will be powerful due to your incredible speed and stab. Finally if you don't get to pull it off in the end, Aftermath may or may not make up for it. Again try it out and tell me what you think, can this Electrode be viable enough or just a mishap?

(NEW ADDITIONS)

The only thing i can properly answer with this is, sucker punch is your friend, I should mention that Status conditions will ruin this set, you cannot afford to get status conditioned in any way, otherwise, Electrode is dead bait.

The Purpose of this set, is to have Electrode sweep as much as possible, again this strategy is meant to be risky, but pay off in the end, if you play your cards right, this will be a very nice Pokémon.

Since Electrodes speed does help, this makes sense, I don't know if weakness policy still activates under substitute, but this isn't a bad idea to accompany over Endure. but since Electrode doesn't have much HP to begin with, Endure still might be the best option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Xarn likes this.
  2. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I think that this set is definitley viable. However, if they set up or something on the turn you use Endure, you could find yourself in a world of trouble. I think I'll test this out and see how it goes. I'm pretty sure that this set will be perfectly viable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sohrob101 likes this.
  3. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    the set is defentaly unpredictable but electroball has ts weaknesses because its base power isnt that much and most comp players go for Fast Special/Phsycal Sweepers Also endure will only be affective so much if your battling a ground type but 1.groundtypes resist all electric type moves

2.ground steel and rock types have insainly high defensive capabilities so you shoud consider that

Suggestion?:Repace electro ball with thunder bolt as its too weak

use hidden power ice instead of explosion True explosion will deal a whole bunch of damage with weakness policy by its side, But wha if the opponent has a ghost type then ud just have killed your self or what if its a steel or rock? unless electrode has a 4x atk stage he wont be able to OHKO them

3. you have an incredable weakness to Extreme speed Aftermath's 25% may not cut it unless you send electrode agnist an ingired lucario for Example

4.Only ground type moves are supereefective Vs electrode so its not a Pokémon with many options and as i said above in S:1,2 you wont have much of a chance without using explosion or replacing it with Hidden power ice

These are mearly suggestions i just want you to think about u can however come up with your own or think of a better way to use elecctrode.or you can just plain on ignore this post.

sohrob101 likes this.
  4. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    This is something I would call a gimmick. It CAN work, but not always. Is it a good idea for ladder? Probably not. Will it get you some kills? yes? Is it something that I would try? No.

Anyways I'm curious to see how well it does. Endure + Explosion is a neat idea, and it will catch people off guard. If you can, post a battle log to see how it does. Thanks!

sohrob101 likes this.
  5. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    I dont know if this is a good choice but having substitute would be nice.
    Electrode is fragile that it can get ohkoed. If a ground type hits electrode you might
    be going off with endure but just to be safe keeping substitute is good.

sohrob101 likes this.
  6. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    This set is generally a gimmick, to be fair.

It definitely has its uses, since ground types are everywhere, but I'd probably rather go for a Sash + Explosion set than Endure + Weakness Policy. Even at +2 and 252 Atk investment, the base attack of Electrode is a huge setback, and Sucker Punch can't even touch a Hippowdown:
    +2 252 Atk Electrode Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 62-74 (14.7 - 17.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

Explosion doesn't do much better either:
    +2 252 Atk Electrode Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 194-229 (46.1 - 54.5%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Let ALONE HP Ice:
    +2 4 SpA Electrode Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 188-222 (44.7 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'd rather a set of ThunderBolt/HP Ice/Sucker Punch/Volt Switch with the same EVs and Hasty nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.