1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Eternal youth!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Absolute Zero, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    A lot of us have heard that you should never-ever-ever wish for everlasting life: because then you'll gradually get older and more worn out and more in pain of old age unavoidably forever. You need to wish for eternal youth to get around that! Oh to be young and healthy and strong forever!

But what is eternal youth, exactly? The prime age at which humanity is meant to be? Whether it's due to magic or advancements of science or some perfectly-built afterlife free of death and pain, what is your idea of the eternally-young-and-healthy youth? Is it younger than you are now, so you know from experience? Is it older than you are, and you're hoping the best is yet to come? Or is it right now at your current age, what are you doing wasting your youth and strength reading my inane questions on the internet?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Eternal womb

I think any form of eternal life would suck. I mean, (not trying to start or spread anything, this is just my view and not meant to offend or change anyone) as a Christiani would like to die and g to Heaven. Also, Earth just generally sucks :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Thankfully I have this to look forward to; when Jesus returns and makes all things new, we who are disciples will be raised to life again, donning imperishable bodies that not only are immune to the effects of the law of entropy, but also no longer bear the mark of sin, which perishes when the body also perishes. In addition, the universe itself will be made new after the final rebellion by Satan, so that the Earth (and the entirety of creation) will no longer be subject to said law.

What would be horrible would be to have eternal 'youth' on this current, fallen world, where all the marks of sin are laid bare and people revel in them, whether overtly or covertly (which is never covert for long, as we all know from not just the news but our own relationships).

Rezna likes this.
  4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Tbh I'd still feel the pain of my loved ones dying and leaving me, and life itself is very difficult, just because you're youthful doesn't mean you won't suffer.
    I'd like to die when it's my time.

5. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    If one were to be eternally young, I’d imagine they’d be adults around the age of 25. Not old to where they feel tired, but not so young that they are still developing. Being stuck in puberty forever as a teenager sounds terrifying.

Honestly, I would 100% choose to be eternally young because I’d love to see where humankind takes us. Of course outside of putting your brain in a machine, there really isn’t a feasible way to preserve the brain.

Absolute Zero likes this.
  6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I see youth more as a mental or spiritual state than as a physical one. Youth is a difficult thing to really define, but to me it's an innocence born of ignorance, which from the perspective of those who do not see themselves as youths, represents a happiness that they can no longer have. It seems to be inevitably born of hindsight, because of course hindsight is 20/20 vision.

But honestly I don't think being a youth is all that fulfilling - I didn't have a particularly happy childhood, and I also didn't appreciate how fortunate I was to not have the anxieties and the responsibilities that I have now as an adult. To live that way for eternity? Whilst I can see the appeal to it - you can't miss what you never had - the idea is enough to make me mentally recoil. My life right now may not be particularly great, but I have the awareness born from experience and the loss of that innocence and ignorance that so defines youth that allows me to fully appreciate the happiness in life that I DO have...and furthermore, to seek out and define that happiness for myself, rather than simply rely on others to define it for me, or trust that it will always be there...which, for me, it wasn't. Being an unhappy youth is not a good thing, because you do not have the knowledge of how to fix it.

If you want to look at youth as a physical state, then yes, it would be lovely to remain in the 20s forever...well, theoretically. I have never been healthy, and I try very hard not to think about what time might do to me if I can't bring myself to a healthier state. But I would say that youth is a more complicated concept than just being physically young, and whilst ignorance is indeed bliss, it depends solely on other people and circumstances to remain so, and I would like more control over my life and mental state than that.

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Why not eternal life AND eternal youth? Where was that option zero? Honestly, I'd prefer to be physically 21 again, but mentally where ever I'll be at down the road. As is the ravages of time are starting to creep up on me.

Absolute Zero likes this.