1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction Eve of Evolution

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by VicTheJolteon, Sep 13, 2018.

?

What`s your favorite Eevee Evolution?

1. Jolteon

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Vaporeon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Flareon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Umbreon

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Espeon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Leafeon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Glaceon

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Sylveon

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. VicTheJolteon

VicTheJolteon Bug Catcher

Eric
    (Vulpix)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.4
    Great Ball ★★
    Eevees

Of all the Pokémon, they are considered the oddest and most versatile specie, able to evolve many different ways into many different elements.

Though, like all Pokémon, they cannot return to their original form.

However, there was one Eevee that made an exception to that rule, and in being such was predestined at birth to embark on the grandest adventure ever begun by any Eevee.

Before, or since…

We begin our story in the spring, some time after the adventures of Ash and his friends had long past into legend.

Somewhere in the Viridian forest near Pallet Town, a young Eevee has just awoken, and is now climbing out of her den to search for food; as she has been doing for two years now.

“OK, first order of business: I have to find Eric; he usually knows where the good food is.” The Eevee said to herself,

This particular Eevee liked to talk to folks, as talking to people helped her wrap her mind around difficult problems and elusive memories, but when there was no one else to talk to, simply speaking aloud did the trick.

The Eevee made her way over to Eric`s den; it was on the other side of a clearing that was near her own den.

“Hey, Eric, you awake yet?!” The Eevee shouted as she neared his den.

A few minutes later a sleepy Vulpix climbed out.

“Oh, hi Eve,” the Vulpix said while brushing the sleep out of his eyes, “you`re early.”

“I`m not that early Eric, the sun`s been up for a while now,” Eve said; if the Eevee was anything, she was a morning person, “come on, Eric, I`m hungry, let`s find some food!” She said as she started to jump around impatiently.

“Just give me a moment to wake up, OK?” Eric said, slightly annoyed and still tired; he liked Eve, but sometimes she was a bit pushy.

Then he stretched his legs and shook the ash out of his fur, he often padded his den with soft ash because it was clean and being a fire Pokémon, easy to procure.

After Eric finished stretching, they both went off into the forest in search of food.

The meal for today was a sleeping Pidgey.

Problem was, the Pidgey happened to be some ways up a large tree, just barely out of reach.

“How are we going to get it down?” Eve asked.

“I could use Confuse Ray.” Eric suggested.

“But then the bird will just sit there and not come down,” Eve mentioned, “I know: I could use Take Down on the tree!” She exclaimed is a bit of a yelling whisper.

“But then the bird will just fly away,” Eric pointed out, “and then you would get hurt for no reason” He added; it pained him greatly to see Eve hurt for any reason, but he understood the logic behind Take Down, as well as its cons.

“I know; we could use our moves together!” They both said to each other at the same time.

After Eve got a running start and Eric made sure that the Pidgey did not know they were there, they made their move.

Eric shot a Confuse Ray right between the Pidgey`s eyes, and soon after, Eve struck the tree with Take Down as hard as she could, causing the dazed bird to fall to the ground and get knocked unconscious.

Then Eve finished it off with a Bite; then Eve and Eric ate fried Pidgey, courtesy of Eric`s Embers.

After their meal, Eve went off to find a health Berry to heal the bruise she got from using Take Down, leaving Eric to clean up by burning the Pidgey`s remnants down to a fine powdery ash.

Some distance away, Eve found what she was looking for: a small Berry tree with a few ripe ones conveniently within reach.

Three Berries later she was fully healed started to make her way back.

But when she was halfway there, she heard a commotion in Eric`s direction and saw the flare of his Ember as if he were defending himself.

Immensely worried about her friend, Eve broke into a run; periodically using Quick-Attack to go faster.

The Eevee got there in a flash of a second, but even then she was too late.

Eve saw a ten year old girl standing where Eric was; she was holding an odd looking orb and dancing for joy; a blue turtle with a big tail was celebrating alongside her which Eve instantly recognized as a Squirtle.

“I got a Vulpix! I got a Vulpix!” The girl sang over and over again; periodically looking at the orb with a smile on her face, as if it were an object of great value.

“What kind of Pokémon is that, and why is it holding that strange orb; and where`s Eric!?” Eve asked herself. “Maybe that Squirtle knows?” She mused.

Then she decided to raise her voice and ask the blue turtle these questions, but Eve hadn`t even gotten to speaking when the Squirtle noticed her and alarmed his master.

“Mary, Mary, there`s an Eevee over there!” the Squirtle said.

Even though Mary didn`t understand the language of the Pokémon, she got the point.

“A Vulpix and an Eevee in the same place, this is the best day ever,” The girl shouted with glee, “quick, Tort, hit it with Water Gun!” She ordered her Squirtle.

Without another word, the Squirtle obeyed the order and spat a sharp stream of water at Eve`s side.

Caught unawares, Eve took a direct hit and was knocked on the ground by the painful shot.

Eve quickly regained her bearings and got back on her feet.

“Tort, now`s your chance, Tackle it!” The girl ordered.

But before the Squirtle could respond, Eve charged it with Quick-Attack, causing the blue turtle fly backwards a few feet from the momentum of the heavy blow.

Then, not wanting to let the turtle have a chance to regain its footing, Eve charged at it with Take Down to finish it off.

But the Squirtle had already regained its bearings and dodged out of the way; Eve kept going and struck a stone that was behind the turtle, cracking it in two with the immense force of her attack.

“Tort, finish it off with another Water Gun!” The girl ordered.

Obeying the order, the Squirtle turned around and fired another steam of water.

Eve turned around just in time to see the shot heading right toward her.

She braced herself, thinking this would be her end…

But nothing happened.

After a moment, Eve opened her eyes and saw that everything had suddenly stopped moving, herself included, yet she was aware of everything’s apparent lack of movement.

The only thing that was moving was the sharp stream of water that was inches from her, and even then at a sharply reduced pace.

When it eventually made contact it did not strike her like the last one, it instead phased right into her; in response, the area that the water went through started to glow with a brilliant white light.

Eve saw and felt the light spread across her body, causing her to lose all sense of the world around her, replaced entirely by the beautiful white light.

At this point time resumed its normal pace, revealing to both Mary and the Squirtle the fact that Eve was about to evolve.

A moment later Eve returned to her senses, and found that her sight was now different.

A peculiar spectrum of light was now made visible to her, enabling her eyes to see the moisture level of anything they gazed upon.

“The Eevee, it evolved…” Mary said, astounded by this new turn of events, “but into what?”

Then a voice came out of Mary`s wrist watch, “Vaporeon, Water-type evolution of an Eevee,” spoke the informative female voice, “this Pokémon is able to transform its body into liquid water to avoid physical attacks, in addition, this Pokémon can predict and even control the weather patterns in its vicinity, how Vaporeons can do this is currently unknown.”

“Water-type eh, Tort, use Rollout!” Mary ordered.

Without another word, the Squirtle pulled it`s appendages in to its shell and started to spin forwards at a rapid pace, heading straight for Eve!

Still trying to grasp what just happened to her, Eve was caught unawares and took a direct hit from the vicious attack, getting knocked on the floor as a result.

“That`s good, Tort,” cheered Mary, “now, hit it again!” She ordered.

In response, the rolling blue turtle changed its course; lining up for another strike, but this time Eve had time to figure out her new form.

Remembering what the watch said earlier, Eve quickly figured out how to change her form to that of liquid water and melted away in a flash of a second.

The Squirtle was caught off guard by this, and was unable to change course; instead crashing into a nearby tree.

Then Eve turned her attention to the girl, her sight revealing something that was kept from her before.

Inside the poke-ball she could see now see an outline of her friend Eric, or rather, the water that was coursing through his body, it looked as though he was trying to get out, but to no avail.

After seeing this, Eve grew terribly enraged.

She lunged at the girl with teeth bared and claws forward, but before Eve reached her destination, the Squirtle got between them and blocked her attack; the blue turtle`s entire body was emitting an impenetrable force-field.

“Get out of my way, Squirtle! That Pokémon has my friend!” Eve shouted at the blue turtle blocking her way.

“Pokémon, what are you talking about!?” the Squirtle asked while still holding up its shield.

“The one that`s holding that orb!” Eve growled in reply.

“That`s not a Pokémon, that`s my Trainer, and you`re not going to get to her!” the Squirtle stated.

At this, Eve changed her focus to the turtle himself, striking with her newfound strength in such a flurry of Quick-Attacks that the Squirtle`s shield was broken down to nothing in three seconds flat.

After she broke it`s shield, Eve used Take Down, rendering the Squirtle unconscious before it even hit the ground.

“No, Tort!” Mary exclaimed with dismay when she saw her Pokémon lying unconscious on the ground, “don`t worry, I’ll get you some help!” Mary said as she pressed a button on her watch.

Then all of a sudden both she and the turtle vanished in a flash of light, leaving the Vaporeon alone in the clearing with no idea where her friend could be.

“No! Where`d you go!? Eric, where are you, ERIC!”

To be continued…

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  2. VicTheJolteon

Eric
    (Vulpix)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.4
    Great Ball ★★
    Eve searched all through the Viridian forest, franticly looking for Eric, but in vain,

The girl and the turtle were nowhere to be found, either,

She searched through the night,

Hoping,

Just, hoping that there would be some glimmer of a clue as to where her friend was,

But as before, to no avail,

Until Eve finally collapsed from exhaustion, and slept until morning,

When she awoke, Eve found herself somewhat dazed and quite stiff from her uncomfortable slumber,

She got up and looked around, wondering where to resume her search,

But when she took a step forward she noticed something,

Her paw was no longer smooth and blue; it was now brown and furry instead, just like it was before all the trouble yesterday,

Eve looked at the rest her body and found that she was now an Eevee again,

“Maybe it was all a dream…” Eve mused to herself,

“maybe Eric is still sleeping.”

With this thought in her mind, Eve raced back to Eric`s den, praying that she was right and that yesterday was all just some horrible nightmare,

But when she got there, Eve found Eric`s den uninhabited, his ash bedding spilled out its entrance by the wind,

“He`s really gone…” Eve said aloud, the reality sinking in,

“No, it`s not true, he has to be here somewhere,” she said, trying not to fall prey to hopelessness,

“ERIC!!!” she shouted as loud as she could, trying to see if he could hear her, wherever he was,

Then someone came running into the nearby clearing,

It was a young man in his twenties, followed by a Meowth with a red-copper coin on his forehead instead of the normal gold,

“Come on, Sandy, there`s got to be an Eevee in this clearing, I know I heard it!” the young man said excitedly, (apparently, they had both heard Eve`s cry)

“Hey, slow down, Harold, we haven’t even had breakfast yet!” shouted the Meowth, though his owner could not understand him

Eve quickly dove behind a bush to hide,

“Another ‘Trainer’ Pokémon, it must know where Eric is.” Eve said to herself,

“I shouldn’t rush out and attack, it will only disappear like the last one; I should watch it for a while and see where it goes…”

After the young man and the Meowth searched the clearing for a while (Eve had to change her hiding spot more than once to keep from being seen) they finally gave up,

“Well, that was disappointing; come on, Sandy, let`s head to Pallet town and get some breakfast; I`m starving…” said the young man,

“Oi… finally; you know Harold, you should really pay more attention to food than you do to Pokémon…” Sandy commented, he often made comments like that because he knew his owner could not understand him,

“They`re leaving; I should follow them to this ‘Pallet Town’; maybe I can find answers there.” Eve said to herself,

She quietly began to follow them, taking extra care not to be seen,

After a short while, they arrived at a large opening in a white picket fence that Eve had no idea existed,

Next to the fence was a sign that read:

Pallet Town: home of the Ketchum Gym and the Professor Oak memorial Pokémon research center

“Here we are, Sandy, Pallet town!” The young man said,

“now, let`s see if their food is as legendary as their history…”

Upon hearing this, Eve felt her stomach grumble (she hadn`t eaten anything since noon yesterday)

“My map says that the food court is this way…” the young man said as he and the Meowth started to enter the large town,

But when Eve started to follow, she tripped on a small rock and fell onto the road in plain view,

Upon hearing this, the Meowth turned around to see Eve flat on her face and trying to get back on her feet,

When he noticed his Meowth was not next to him, the young man turned around and saw Sandy staring down Eve, who at this point had gotten back on her feet,

“I knew I heard an Eevee! Sandy, use Quick-Attack to throw her off-guard!” he ordered,

“Good idea, Harold!” Sandy commented as he rushed toward Eve as fast as he could,

Sandy`s attack had the desired effect, as Eve had no idea he was coming until after she was knocked back on the ground by the sudden strike,

“Now quickly use Sand-Attack!” the young man ordered,

In response, Sandy used the momentum from his Quick-Attack to spin around once while scraping some dirt off the road with his paw, flinging it right into Eve`s eyes,

Now blinded and angry, Eve charged at Sandy with a reckless Take Down and luckily made contact with her target, sending him reeling backwards with a nasty bruise,

Then Eve used a Quick-Attack of her own, knocking Sandy into the left post of the nearby sign, cracking it lengthwise with the force of his momentum,

“Sandy! Are you alright!?” Harold shouted in concern for his Meowth,

“here, take this Berry!” he shouted as he tossed one to Sandy,

Sandy caught the Berry with his mouth and ate it, healing his bruises somewhat as a result,

“She`s coming around for another hit, quick, Sandy, Use Zap Cannon!” the young man shouted,

Then Sandy`s copper charm started to glow a brilliant yellow,

An instant later, sparks of yellow electricity started to dance around him, quickly making their way to his charm,

Eve saw this and started to rush forward with a Quick-Attack in an attempt to stop the Meowth`s attack before it started,

But this course of action only made Eve a bigger target as Sandy was already prepared to fire,

When Sandy launched his Zap Cannon, Eve was but inches away from him, the resulting shockwave shattering the already cracked signpost behind him, though Eve was unaware of this as she was completely knocked unconscious by the immensely powerful blast.

Quite a while later, Eve awoke to find herself in a strange mechanical room lined with darkened mirrors, the oddest part of it all was the fact that it looked like the room was shaped like the inside of a large ball,

“Hello!” Eve shouted, but the only voice that came back was from her echo,

“Is anyone there!?” she shouted again, again the only reply was from her echo,

Then Eve thought she heard the voices of not one, but two other people, and it sounded like they were having a conversation,

“Hey, did you hear? Apparently the Pokémon scanner`s on the fritz.” said one of the voices,

“Yeah, I was there; the dumb machine couldn`t tell what Pokémon was in the Pokéball it was scanning; it just kept cycling through all the Eevee evolutions, one after another” said the other voice,

“Which Pokéball was it scanning, anyway?” the first voice asked,

“I think it was scanning this one…” the other voice replied,

Then Eve felt the room she was in start to move, it startled her at first, but not enough to make her lose her footing,

“What Pokémon do you think is in there?” the first voice asked,

“I don’t know, based on what the machine was saying before it decided to go foobar, I would think it would be an Eevee.” The second voice replied,

“Care to bet on that?” the first voice asked challengingly,

“Aww… not that kick again…” the second voice complained,

“you still owe me fifty bucks from the last time.”

“Well, if I win this one; you can call it even.” The first voice stated,

“Fine. But if I win, you pay up right now and you also owe me another ten.” The second voice replied,

“Fine, if it`s anything other than an Eevee, I win.” agreed the first voice,

Then Eve heard a loud clicking noise followed by a bright, multi-colored light that seemed to envelope her,

Then the bright light faded away and Eve found herself in a large room with rows upon rows of shelves, each with dozens of pokeballs, each lit up by a sterile-looking light underneath them,

“Ha! I was right! It was an Eevee; pay up, Jack, I won fair and square!” spoke the second voice again,

Eve turned around to see a man and a woman standing there gawking at her, the woman had a smile on her face that spoke of victory, (apparently, she won the bet)

“Two more ‘Trainer’ Pokémon, what do they want?” Eve asked herself,

“Aww… and it`s a cute Eevee, too.” the woman cooed at Eve,

“maybe she`d like a pat on the head” the woman continued as she reached her hand down to pet Eve,

Thinking that this was an attack, Eve jumped back and growled, baring her teeth,

“Don’t worry, there`s nothing to be afraid of.” The woman said, reaching her hand closer as if her words alone would make Eve trust her,

Seeing that the woman wouldn`t back off, Eve decided to use a more forceful method to get her to go away, she used BITE on the woman`s middle finger, holding back so as to not cause damage,

“OW! That`s it! I`m calling Nurse Joy!” the woman cried as she hurried out of the room while holding her hand, leaving the man and Eve as the sole occupants of the room,

“Nice Eevee, nice Eevee, don’t eat me, Eevee.” The man started repeatedly saying, stepping closer and closer to the exit with each word,

When he reached the door frame, the man bolted out of the room in a flash of a second, leaving Eve alone in the room,

“That was weird; I didn`t bite that one, why did it run away?” Eve asked herself,

“these ‘Trainer’ Pokémon are really skittish…”

Then Eve took a moment to peruse the room she was in, there was an open Pokéball on the floor next to where the woman was standing,

“Another orb like the one that Eric was trapped in!” Eve exclaimed,

Then she took a closer look and saw that the inside looked exactly like the metallic room she was in earlier, complete with tiny darkened mirrors lining the walls,

Then she decided to roll it over to get a better look at the rest of the inside, but when she touched the Pokéball it suddenly snapped shut, nearly taking Eve`s paw off in the process!

“Hey! Don’t close on me! I`m not finished with you!” Eve demanded, but the Pokéball remained shut,

She started pushing the ball around, knocking it against a wall to get it open,

Then she noticed the button along the seam,

“Maybe that opens this thing up?” Eve said as she reached her paw out to press the button,

When she pressed it, the Pokéball sprang open and fired out a pale-red beam of energy that just barely failed to make contact with Eve, who jumped back in surprise at all this,

Instead, the beam of energy struck a trash can in the corner of room,

Just as it did this, the energy receded back into the ball and left the trash can undisturbed,

“WARNING, OBJECT IS NOT A Pokémon, CAN NOT CONTAIN.” spoke a voice that came from the Pokéball, which then snapped shut again,

“You can talk!? Tell me where Eric is!” Eve shouted at the Pokéball, which said nothing in return,

“Well, if you`re not going to tell me where Eric is, maybe one of these other orbs will tell me…” Eve said, now deciding which Pokéball to open first, the many shelves provided a multitude of choices,

“I`ll start with the ones on the bottom…” Eve said as she went to press the button on a Pokéball that was within easy reach,

When she pressed it, the Pokéball opened up just like the last one,

But this time, instead of a red beam of energy, the ball emitted a wide, multicolored beam that seemed to pool on the floor and quickly form into a shape,

A moment later, the shape faded away, leaving behind a grey Furret,

“Wait a minute, all these orbs have Pokémon in them!?” Eve said aloud, quite surprised at her new discovery,

“but they`re so small, how could a Pokémon even fit in there?”

When she turned and asked the grey Furret these questions it replied with a mischievous giggle and ran off down and around a shelf,

“Hey, where are you going? Come back!” Eve shouted at the Furret as she chased after it,

When she caught up, she was just in time to see the Furret begin pressing the buttons on all the pokeballs, one after another, releasing a wide array of Pokémon of all shapes and sizes,

In almost no time at all, the room was suddenly filled with at least one of nearly every type of Pokémon from the entire Kanto region, and some from other places as well.

It took everything Eve was worth to not get run over by the zoo of Pokémon stampeding their way out of the room,

Then Eve saw a Vulpix on it`s way out with the rest of the crowd,

“That`s Eric! I found him!” Eve exclaimed,

Then she started chase after him, having to push past several other Pokémon in the process and nearly getting stepped on more than a few times,

When the stampede got out of the cramped room it started to move faster and get more destructive, the whole time, there were people running and screaming as they dodged out of the way of the myriad of Pokémon,

Eve caught up to the Vulpix just as the stampede reached what looked like the lobby, a very large curved glass window made up the wall that had the door to the exit, revealing the fact that it was late in the afternoon, the sun was still up, but not for much longer

“Eric, I finally found you! Are you alright?” Eve cried in relief just as she reached the Vulpix,

“Who are you?” replied the Vulpix,

Then Eve saw that it was not Eric, just some other Vulpix,

“Go away, lady, I`m trying to find my trainer…” the Vulpix said as it walked away,

“If that wasn`t Eric, where-” Eve began to say,

Then she was interrupted mid-sentence by the sound of the lobby`s glass façade getting smashed open by a large Tauros, allowing the stampede to spill out into the street,

In order to not get crushed, Eve dodged away from the raging stampede, further into the lobby,

Now focused entirely on survival, Eve ducked behind a potted plant near the receptionist`s desk,

Then she saw two Rattata nearby, happily gnawing away at some power cords at the base of the desk, completely unconcerned with the chaos that was no more than six feet away from them,

Then Eve heard loud and startling noises coming from outside,

She poked her head out to see what it was and saw several men and women in matching uniforms, alongside them was a nearly equal number of Arcanine, each using Reflect to form a barrier around the crowd of Pokémon, restricting them to a small area around the building that Eve was in,

“Alright, Wall Team, hold steady; Capture Team, begin containment!” ordered a woman with a speakerphone, apparently the leader,

In response, several of the uniformed people started throwing pokeballs into the enclosed area, each one launching a red beam of light that enveloped any given Pokémon in the walled-in area, making them disappear as the light receded,

Amongst the crowd of Pokémon, the reaction to all this was oddly mixed; while most of them shied away from the pokeballs, others dived right towards them looking for safety and still others panicked and began rushing back into the building,

Unfortunately, the large Tauros was among the panicky ones and made another hole in the glass wall as he smashed his way back into the lobby, knocking over a water cooler in the process,

Then the bull proceeded to wreck the entire room in it`s bid to escape, nearly crushing Eve when he knocked the receptionist`s desk clean off it`s bolts and across the room, snapping the wires that the two Rattata were gnawing on earlier,

Eve dodged out of the way as the Tauros blindly smashed it`s way through the room and she landed on a puddle of water,

“Hey! Stop smashing around; you`re gonna end up squishing me!” Eve shouted at the large bull,

In response, the Tauros started to calm down and think,

“Um, w-who are you?” the Tauros asked Eve when he calmed most of the way down,

“My name`s Eve, what`s yours?” Eve asked the bull in reply, quite surprised that he was so easy to calm down,

“H-Hector,” said the Tauros,

“do you know a way out of here?”

“No, I don’t, but I`m pretty sure it will be easier to figure out if you quit stomping around.” Eve stated flatly,

“I`m sorry, I`m just trying to get out of here before they put me back into another one of those ‘pokeballs’ again” Hector said apologetically,

Then they looked at the chaos that was ensuing outside; the uniformed people were closer now as they continued to collect the crowd of Pokémon back into pokeballs, periodically raising parts of the Reflect wall to allow pokeballs to slip underneath,

Eve saw this and thought for a moment before saying, “Hector, I have an idea.”

“What is it, Eve?” the Tauros asked,

“There`s a weakness in the wall; do you see it?” Eve asked in reply,

“Yeah, I do see it…” Hector exclaimed,

The thing that she was referring to was the fact that each time one of the Arcanine raised their part of the Reflect wall, that part of the wall dimmed and flickered for a moment,

“Ok, here`s th-” Eve suddenly stopped speaking,

“Eve, what is it?” Hector said, turning to look at her to find out,

He saw Eve just standing there, her eyes wide open and whole body twitching slightly,

Instantly Hector realized what was wrong; the water Eve was standing in had made it`s way to the exposed wires and was now sending a deadly current of electricity straight through her!

To be continued…

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. VicTheJolteon

Eric
    (Vulpix)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.4
    Great Ball ★★
    Eve searched all through the Viridian forest, franticly looking for Eric, but in vain,

The girl and the turtle were nowhere to be found, either,

She searched through the night,

Hoping,

Just, hoping that there would be some glimmer of a clue as to where her friend was,

But as before, to no avail,

Until Eve finally collapsed from exhaustion, and slept until morning,

When she awoke, Eve found herself somewhat dazed and quite stiff from her uncomfortable slumber,

She got up and looked around, wondering where to resume her search,

But when she took a step forward she noticed something,

Her paw was no longer smooth and blue; it was now brown and furry instead, just like it was before all the trouble yesterday,

Eve looked at the rest her body and found that she was now an Eevee again,

“Maybe it was all a dream…” Eve mused to herself,

“maybe Eric is still sleeping.”

With this thought in her mind, Eve raced back to Eric`s den, praying that she was right and that yesterday was all just some horrible nightmare,

But when she got there, Eve found Eric`s den uninhabited, his ash bedding spilled out its entrance by the wind,

“He`s really gone…” Eve said aloud, the reality sinking in,

“No, it`s not true, he has to be here somewhere,” she said, trying not to fall prey to hopelessness,

“ERIC!!!” she shouted as loud as she could, trying to see if he could hear her, wherever he was,

Then someone came running into the nearby clearing,

It was a young man in his twenties, followed by a Meowth with a red-copper coin on his forehead instead of the normal gold,

“Come on, Sandy, there`s got to be an Eevee in this clearing, I know I heard it!” the young man said excitedly, (apparently, they had both heard Eve`s cry)

“Hey, slow down, Harold, we haven’t even had breakfast yet!” shouted the Meowth, though his owner could not understand him

Eve quickly dove behind a bush to hide,

“Another ‘Trainer’ Pokémon, it must know where Eric is.” Eve said to herself,

“I shouldn’t rush out and attack, it will only disappear like the last one; I should watch it for a while and see where it goes…”

After the young man and the Meowth searched the clearing for a while (Eve had to change her hiding spot more than once to keep from being seen) they finally gave up,

“Well, that was disappointing; come on, Sandy, let`s head to Pallet town and get some breakfast; I`m starving…” said the young man,

“Oi… finally; you know Harold, you should really pay more attention to food than you do to Pokémon…” Sandy commented, he often made comments like that because he knew his owner could not understand him,

“They`re leaving; I should follow them to this ‘Pallet Town’; maybe I can find answers there.” Eve said to herself,

She quietly began to follow them, taking extra care not to be seen,

After a short while, they arrived at a large opening in a white picket fence that Eve had no idea existed,

Next to the fence was a sign that read:

Pallet Town: home of the Ketchum Gym and the Professor Oak memorial Pokémon research center

“Here we are, Sandy, Pallet town!” The young man said,

“now, let`s see if their food is as legendary as their history…”

Upon hearing this, Eve felt her stomach grumble (she hadn`t eaten anything since noon yesterday)

“My map says that the food court is this way…” the young man said as he and the Meowth started to enter the large town,

But when Eve started to follow, she tripped on a small rock and fell onto the road in plain view,

Upon hearing this, the Meowth turned around to see Eve flat on her face and trying to get back on her feet,

When he noticed his Meowth was not next to him, the young man turned around and saw Sandy staring down Eve, who at this point had gotten back on her feet,

“I knew I heard an Eevee! Sandy, use Quick-Attack to throw her off-guard!” he ordered,

“Good idea, Harold!” Sandy commented as he rushed toward Eve as fast as he could,

Sandy`s attack had the desired effect, as Eve had no idea he was coming until after she was knocked back on the ground by the sudden strike,

“Now quickly use Sand-Attack!” the young man ordered,

In response, Sandy used the momentum from his Quick-Attack to spin around once while scraping some dirt off the road with his paw, flinging it right into Eve`s eyes,

Now blinded and angry, Eve charged at Sandy with a reckless Take Down and luckily made contact with her target, sending him reeling backwards with a nasty bruise,

Then Eve used a Quick-Attack of her own, knocking Sandy into the left post of the nearby sign, cracking it lengthwise with the force of his momentum,

“Sandy! Are you alright!?” Harold shouted in concern for his Meowth,

“here, take this Berry!” he shouted as he tossed one to Sandy,

Sandy caught the Berry with his mouth and ate it, healing his bruises somewhat as a result,

“She`s coming around for another hit, quick, Sandy, Use Zap Cannon!” the young man shouted,

Then Sandy`s copper charm started to glow a brilliant yellow,

An instant later, sparks of yellow electricity started to dance around him, quickly making their way to his charm,

Eve saw this and started to rush forward with a Quick-Attack in an attempt to stop the Meowth`s attack before it started,

But this course of action only made Eve a bigger target as Sandy was already prepared to fire,

When Sandy launched his Zap Cannon, Eve was but inches away from him, the resulting shockwave shattering the already cracked signpost behind him, though Eve was unaware of this as she was completely knocked unconscious by the immensely powerful blast.

Quite a while later, Eve awoke to find herself in a strange mechanical room lined with darkened mirrors, the oddest part of it all was the fact that it looked like the room was shaped like the inside of a large ball,

“Hello!” Eve shouted, but the only voice that came back was from her echo,

“Is anyone there!?” she shouted again, again the only reply was from her echo,

Then Eve thought she heard the voices of not one, but two other people, and it sounded like they were having a conversation,

“Hey, did you hear? Apparently the Pokémon scanner`s on the fritz.” said one of the voices,

“Yeah, I was there; the dumb machine couldn`t tell what Pokémon was in the Pokéball it was scanning; it just kept cycling through all the Eevee evolutions, one after another” said the other voice,

“Which Pokéball was it scanning, anyway?” the first voice asked,

“I think it was scanning this one…” the other voice replied,

Then Eve felt the room she was in start to move, it startled her at first, but not enough to make her lose her footing,

“What Pokémon do you think is in there?” the first voice asked,

“I don’t know, based on what the machine was saying before it decided to go foobar, I would think it would be an Eevee.” The second voice replied,

“Care to bet on that?” the first voice asked challengingly,

“Aww… not that kick again…” the second voice complained,

“you still owe me fifty bucks from the last time.”

“Well, if I win this one; you can call it even.” The first voice stated,

“Fine. But if I win, you pay up right now and you also owe me another ten.” The second voice replied,

“Fine, if it`s anything other than an Eevee, I win.” agreed the first voice,

Then Eve heard a loud clicking noise followed by a bright, multi-colored light that seemed to envelope her,

Then the bright light faded away and Eve found herself in a large room with rows upon rows of shelves, each with dozens of pokeballs, each lit up by a sterile-looking light underneath them,

“Ha! I was right! It was an Eevee; pay up, Jack, I won fair and square!” spoke the second voice again,

Eve turned around to see a man and a woman standing there gawking at her, the woman had a smile on her face that spoke of victory, (apparently, she won the bet)

“Two more ‘Trainer’ Pokémon, what do they want?” Eve asked herself,

“Aww… and it`s a cute Eevee, too.” the woman cooed at Eve,

“maybe she`d like a pat on the head” the woman continued as she reached her hand down to pet Eve,

Thinking that this was an attack, Eve jumped back and growled, baring her teeth,

“Don’t worry, there`s nothing to be afraid of.” The woman said, reaching her hand closer as if her words alone would make Eve trust her,

Seeing that the woman wouldn`t back off, Eve decided to use a more forceful method to get her to go away, she used BITE on the woman`s middle finger, holding back so as to not cause damage,

“OW! That`s it! I`m calling Nurse Joy!” the woman cried as she hurried out of the room while holding her hand, leaving the man and Eve as the sole occupants of the room,

“Nice Eevee, nice Eevee, don’t eat me, Eevee.” The man started repeatedly saying, stepping closer and closer to the exit with each word,

When he reached the door frame, the man bolted out of the room in a flash of a second, leaving Eve alone in the room,

“That was weird; I didn`t bite that one, why did it run away?” Eve asked herself,

“these ‘Trainer’ Pokémon are really skittish…”

Then Eve took a moment to peruse the room she was in, there was an open Pokéball on the floor next to where the woman was standing,

“Another orb like the one that Eric was trapped in!” Eve exclaimed,

Then she took a closer look and saw that the inside looked exactly like the metallic room she was in earlier, complete with tiny darkened mirrors lining the walls,

Then she decided to roll it over to get a better look at the rest of the inside, but when she touched the Pokéball it suddenly snapped shut, nearly taking Eve`s paw off in the process!

“Hey! Don’t close on me! I`m not finished with you!” Eve demanded, but the Pokéball remained shut,

She started pushing the ball around, knocking it against a wall to get it open,

Then she noticed the button along the seam,

“Maybe that opens this thing up?” Eve said as she reached her paw out to press the button,

When she pressed it, the Pokéball sprang open and fired out a pale-red beam of energy that just barely failed to make contact with Eve, who jumped back in surprise at all this,

Instead, the beam of energy struck a trash can in the corner of room,

Just as it did this, the energy receded back into the ball and left the trash can undisturbed,

“WARNING, OBJECT IS NOT A Pokémon, CAN NOT CONTAIN.” spoke a voice that came from the Pokéball, which then snapped shut again,

“You can talk!? Tell me where Eric is!” Eve shouted at the Pokéball, which said nothing in return,

“Well, if you`re not going to tell me where Eric is, maybe one of these other orbs will tell me…” Eve said, now deciding which Pokéball to open first, the many shelves provided a multitude of choices,

“I`ll start with the ones on the bottom…” Eve said as she went to press the button on a Pokéball that was within easy reach,

When she pressed it, the Pokéball opened up just like the last one,

But this time, instead of a red beam of energy, the ball emitted a wide, multicolored beam that seemed to pool on the floor and quickly form into a shape,

A moment later, the shape faded away, leaving behind a grey Furret,

“Wait a minute, all these orbs have Pokémon in them!?” Eve said aloud, quite surprised at her new discovery,

“but they`re so small, how could a Pokémon even fit in there?”

When she turned and asked the grey Furret these questions it replied with a mischievous giggle and ran off down and around a shelf,

“Hey, where are you going? Come back!” Eve shouted at the Furret as she chased after it,

When she caught up, she was just in time to see the Furret begin pressing the buttons on all the pokeballs, one after another, releasing a wide array of Pokémon of all shapes and sizes,

In almost no time at all, the room was suddenly filled with at least one of nearly every type of Pokémon from the entire Kanto region, and some from other places as well.

It took everything Eve was worth to not get run over by the zoo of Pokémon stampeding their way out of the room,

Then Eve saw a Vulpix on it`s way out with the rest of the crowd,

“That`s Eric! I found him!” Eve exclaimed,

Then she started chase after him, having to push past several other Pokémon in the process and nearly getting stepped on more than a few times,

When the stampede got out of the cramped room it started to move faster and get more destructive, the whole time, there were people running and screaming as they dodged out of the way of the myriad of Pokémon,

Eve caught up to the Vulpix just as the stampede reached what looked like the lobby, a very large curved glass window made up the wall that had the door to the exit, revealing the fact that it was late in the afternoon, the sun was still up, but not for much longer

“Eric, I finally found you! Are you alright?” Eve cried in relief just as she reached the Vulpix,

“Who are you?” replied the Vulpix,

Then Eve saw that it was not Eric, just some other Vulpix,

“Go away, lady, I`m trying to find my trainer…” the Vulpix said as it walked away,

“If that wasn`t Eric, where-” Eve began to say,

Then she was interrupted mid-sentence by the sound of the lobby`s glass façade getting smashed open by a large Tauros, allowing the stampede to spill out into the street,

In order to not get crushed, Eve dodged away from the raging stampede, further into the lobby,

Now focused entirely on survival, Eve ducked behind a potted plant near the receptionist`s desk,

Then she saw two Rattata nearby, happily gnawing away at some power cords at the base of the desk, completely unconcerned with the chaos that was no more than six feet away from them,

Then Eve heard loud and startling noises coming from outside,

She poked her head out to see what it was and saw several men and women in matching uniforms, alongside them was a nearly equal number of Arcanine, each using Reflect to form a barrier around the crowd of Pokémon, restricting them to a small area around the building that Eve was in,

“Alright, Wall Team, hold steady; Capture Team, begin containment!” ordered a woman with a speakerphone, apparently the leader,

In response, several of the uniformed people started throwing pokeballs into the enclosed area, each one launching a red beam of light that enveloped any given Pokémon in the walled-in area, making them disappear as the light receded,

Amongst the crowd of Pokémon, the reaction to all this was oddly mixed; while most of them shied away from the pokeballs, others dived right towards them looking for safety and still others panicked and began rushing back into the building,

Unfortunately, the large Tauros was among the panicky ones and made another hole in the glass wall as he smashed his way back into the lobby, knocking over a water cooler in the process,

Then the bull proceeded to wreck the entire room in it`s bid to escape, nearly crushing Eve when he knocked the receptionist`s desk clean off it`s bolts and across the room, snapping the wires that the two Rattata were gnawing on earlier,

Eve dodged out of the way as the Tauros blindly smashed it`s way through the room and she landed on a puddle of water,

“Hey! Stop smashing around; you`re gonna end up squishing me!” Eve shouted at the large bull,

In response, the Tauros started to calm down and think,

“Um, w-who are you?” the Tauros asked Eve when he calmed most of the way down,

“My name`s Eve, what`s yours?” Eve asked the bull in reply, quite surprised that he was so easy to calm down,

“H-Hector,” said the Tauros,

“do you know a way out of here?”

“No, I don’t, but I`m pretty sure it will be easier to figure out if you quit stomping around.” Eve stated flatly,

“I`m sorry, I`m just trying to get out of here before they put me back into another one of those ‘pokeballs’ again” Hector said apologetically,

Then they looked at the chaos that was ensuing outside; the uniformed people were closer now as they continued to collect the crowd of Pokémon back into pokeballs, periodically raising parts of the Reflect wall to allow pokeballs to slip underneath,

Eve saw this and thought for a moment before saying, “Hector, I have an idea.”

“What is it, Eve?” the Tauros asked,

“There`s a weakness in the wall; do you see it?” Eve asked in reply,

“Yeah, I do see it…” Hector exclaimed,

The thing that she was referring to was the fact that each time one of the Arcanine raised their part of the Reflect wall, that part of the wall dimmed and flickered for a moment,

“Ok, here`s th-” Eve suddenly stopped speaking,

“Eve, what is it?” Hector said, turning to look at her to find out,

He saw Eve just standing there, her eyes wide open and whole body twitching slightly,

Instantly Hector realized what was wrong; the water Eve was standing in had made it`s way to the exposed wires and was now sending a deadly current of electricity straight through her!

To be continued…