1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured Event prizes you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Sheep, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Event Rewards Discussion

Events are a staple of our community interaction. Over the years we've held many different types of events, from postfests to drawing contests and even Guess That Pokémon competitions. These events primarily offered PokéPoints as prizes.

However, with PokéPoints now being easy to accumulate and existing across the community in such plentiful amounts, we no longer think it's enough of an incentive to make participating in events worthwhile. The staff want to offer even better rewards for you all, and make events more engaging to participate in for the community. As the members that make our events fun to both host and participate in, what types of prizes, other than PokéPoints, would you like to see?

Thank you for reading and offering your help to improve the site! ❤ We encourage any and all responses. The staff will be discussing all replies in depth and determining what is and isn't possible to implement.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    In Terms Of Drawing Contest, Maybe A Commission Prize.

And For General One, If It Is Team-Based( Like Summer Scramble For Example), Beside PP, Maybe Some Boost To Catch More Rarer Pokémon Or Maybe A Exclusive Items Since This Prize Is For Winning Team, Meaning Everyone In The Team Will Get It.

If It Is Individual-Based, Maybe A Pokémon Of Choice To Catch (What I Am Trying To Explain IsPokémon Go Catch For Legendary) Or Maybe A Medal Of Each Event Which Sounds Impossible As You All Need To Design Medals If That Happens.

If It Is Competition-Based (A.K.A. Competitive Match In Pokémon Or Smash Tournament), Maybe You All Can Follow The Official Prize Based (But That Is Your Choice).

And More PPs, Of Course. I Know Some May Want The VIP Title Or Need More Pokeballs To Catch Rarer Pokémon, So Maybe A Little PP Boost For Each Event? I Don't Know.

If There Is A Runner-Up And Participation Prize, Boost Them As Well. That Will Encourage More People To Take Part On The Next Event.

Overall, What I Wish Is Just More PP Boost And Pokémon Catcher Rate Boost With Some Exclusive Items. Others Like Commission Prize And Medal Is A Suggestion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    We still have so many Badges we need to earn! I know that there are currently only 6 of those "challenge points" that you need for a badge, and that means it is only possible to claim 1/9 of the current Badges even with the maximum amount of points so far.

Wizard, Gwoomy and Vigilance like this.
  4. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    My suggestion isn't a prize, but what do you guys think of a leaderboard? It shows how many contests the member won and which category is his strength (drawing, shiny huntig, competetive battling, etc.). This would be really motivating for the members.

Wizard, Geroniny and Vigilance like this.
  5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Love the suggestions so far, keep em coming!

Wizard likes this.
  6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Maybe the member cards could play a bigger role? OOoh wait- what if we showed the items on the card? Since they're not in the postbit anymore? What if there was like a lil button or something to easily see it on the forums?

ChocoChicken, Vigilance and Wizard like this.
  7. Geroniny

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    That's A Great Idea. And Maybe The Member On The Top Can Get A Custom Title Based Of His Strength Like Those Who Used Google Play Game App.

Vigilance and Wizard like this.
  8. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    A special name colour thing? For a really short period of time, a week or so is enough.

Few pokeballs? Like the ultra ball? Or oooh, the master ball?

Chance to evolve any one or two Pokémon the winner owns right away?

For the art related threads, a chance to draw something&important special for LV which will be put up somewhere everyone can see. What about changing the section covers for a short period of time?

ChocoChicken, Vigilance and Wizard like this.
  9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    This is INCREDIBLY helpful! Even if you think your suggestion is tiny, every little one helps. Keep them coming, please!

Gwoomy likes this.
  10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Insta-evolution/hatching? Sign me up right now! With the eggs I have, hatching is going to take absolutely forever!

Geroniny and Cherry3Fairy like this.
  11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Another idea. How about you ask the winner a Pokémon they really desire to catch. Putting few exceptions, if required. And then make it a bit easy for them to catch it? Or giving that Pokémon to the winner as the prize?
    Gyahh~~ how well my brain works. (At the prize thing) ^^

Oh, hey, one more! Its.. is it even a prize?
    At the time when results are declared, how about putting the picture of the winner as the cover page of that particular thread? Either their avatar or their real picture(if they dont mind)?

Or...how about giving the winner a chance to suggest the next event they'd like being held? An event of their choice? Its so optional, okay. This type of prize should be kept along with one more.

#11 Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  12. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm for this!

Cherry3Fairy likes this.
  13. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    One more one more!
    How about giving a small&sweet batch to the winner/s which will appear under their avatar(for some time)?
    The batch can have the letter 'W' suggesting the winner, or the letters 'LV' on it.
    What this batch represents should be mentioned beforehand tho in the event thread perhaps.

14. Geroniny

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    I Got Another Idea!
    Inspired By Maplestory's Ultra/Terra Burning Event Which Is When One User Level Up, It Will Level Two More Time, Causing It To Level Up Three Time In One Go, We Can Apply There To Trainer Level Or The Buddy Pokémon Level!

And By The Way, What Happen To Our Valor Pokéball?

15. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Extremely specific, I know, but still... nobody's said it, and I've never seen it, so...

Zeraora
    *lightning i guess*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.