1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Everything about Undertale

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Grand Rizer, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Rizer

Grand Rizer PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽984.9
    [​IMG]
    " Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS.
    In this RPG, you don't have to kill anyone.
    Each enemy can be "defeated" nonviolently.
    Dance with a slime. Pet a dog. Whisper your favorite secret to a knight.
    Or, ignore this choice and rain destruction upon your foes."

You name it from the characters to the story, alternative paths or music, you can talk about it here in the Undertale discussion topic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I'm fairly certain that it's already obvious I love this game. If the picture of Sans, the quote "Do you wanna have a bad time?", and the comic sans lowercase text in my posts didn't clue anyone into that, you know it now.

Undertale really is the best video game I've ever played.

I've never played a game that was able to make me truly feel as though I was the one taking the actions my character did. Every other game felt like just that: a game. While I've played some very immersive games before, none have managed to bridge the gap from player to character the way Undertale has. When all the friends I'd made in the game cheered me on, it felt as inspirational as if they had been real people rooting for me.

And when I decided to kill them all because I was curious what would happen, the game truly made me feel like the horrible monster I had become. I actually felt sick trying to play the evil route. I completed it, but I don't know if I can emotionally handle doing that again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    I started the game like 3 days ago and so far I'm loving it. I can't wait to eventually try the genocide play through and experience everything the game has to offer :D

Also, the guilt trip in this game is real. Sometimes this game can feel like a creepy pasta story xD

4. Grand Rizer

Grand Rizer PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽984.9
    in all honesty i was never into RPG's until this game came around when i first heard of it i was just meh about but when i heard more good reviews and amount of praise the game was getting i had to know what was good. so recently i bought the game and i can se why so many people love this game

the amount of emotions that is given in each and every character( especially there awesome music) just makes me love them so much my favs being papyrus for being such a goof to undone because she can duplex a boulder JUST BECAUSE SHE CAN.

i also love the consequences of your actions in the genocide run especially in the end( no spoilers for anyone who hasn't done the genocide run yet)
    i'm currently in my first play through with it being the neutral route. when i'm finished i will begin the pacifist route

5. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    This was a game which, if I'm honest? I never thought it'd get so popular! I actually found out about it through being probably too curious about somebody's avatar (both [member='Shinygiratinaz'] and [member='8542Madness'] had changed theirs too Flowey (even if Madness has become Sans)) which lead to me researching into a game called Undertale. About 2 wiki pages later and I was sold: I had to buy the game.

All I can say is this game is a masterpiece when it comes to story and characters: it's characters are amazing, unique, and just hillarious and cute. The story? It's an incredibly simple idea, simple premise. Yet it just stands out so much! Playtime? It's round about 8 hours or so to beat, but it has such good replayabiliity that the figure of 8 hours is inaccurate. All in all, I loved, love, and will continue to love this game.

This is one of few games that has made me cry, and I mean really cry to the point where I can't hold the tears back. This game made me feel like a monster- no, that's an insult to monsters. It made me feel like something unspeakable when I beat the Genocide run, like I'd done all that bloodshed for nothing, and that's a good thing. I don't want to feel rewarded for being that brutal. But when I beat a pacifist run? I cried throughout that entire ending. I couldn't stop. I recall talking with Shiny and Madness at that point and it was just

Grah so many feels. SO MANY FEELS.

Hell, even now my eyes are starting to tear up about it. I would honestly recommend this game to anybody and everybody. You're not into RPG's? Or maybe you're not into pixel graphics. Regardless, I've seen so many people like that who fell in love with this game, so many people who put aside their usual dislike to such games to play Undertale. That's the kind of game it is, and it's just amazing.

Go play the damn game!

6. Grand Rizer

Grand Rizer PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽984.9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.