1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Evolution 2019

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Infernostar, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,929.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    So I don't know how many people here are big into fighting games aside from Smash, but the Evolution Championship Series for 2019 begins tommorow. It's got Nine different titles as its main events, with Smash Ultimate leading as the final game on Sunday, with over 3000 people signed up for that alone.

The other games that are being shown are Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition for its 4th year, just barely under 2000 entrants, Tekken 7 for its 5th year of consistently increasing attendance, Samurai Shodown which made it to the mainstage for the first time as a revival of an iconic 2d fighter, Mortal Kombat 11 for its first time, Dragon Ball FighterZ in its 2nd year, when last year it broke the viewer record for the tournament, Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st] as a bit of a shock addition that has had a cult following for years, Soul Calibur VI returning its series to the mainstage since 2012, and BlazBlue CrossTag, as a surprise final entry.

I think I already know the answer, but what games are people excited to see played at the highest level of competition?

2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I for one never got into the excitement of watching gaming tournaments (or traditional sports aside from fighting), so I won't be watching. As for participating... I won't be doing that either. I'm in a weird kind of limbo with competitive-like video games: I tend to be vastly better than every non-expert player I encounter, but barely not good enough to stand a chance in actual competition. It would be cool to be there, but alas no.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...