1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Evolutionary Levels

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by phineas81707, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    For a story I am working on, I am planning to introduce two new Pokémon families: a dolphin line and a wolf line. The thing I'm thinking of, though, is what would be the best method to evolve them?

I'm leaning towards standard evolutionary level evolutions (because those are easy to slip into narrative), but even then, I'm not sure what kind of levels a Pokémon should evolve at, especially two-Pokémon lines.

Reminder:

Popoto (Water) -> Delphi (Water/Fairy): Dolphin-based.
    Lupus (Psychic) -> Arctos (Psychic/Ice): Wolf-based.

2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Do they have a deeper theme than just their types? Maybe a connection to a real-world legend, or maybe something scientific?

I personally like location-specific evolutions, like Glaceon, Leafeon, and all those that evolve in Mt. Coronet and magentic places. It feels like those species are returning home or to the land of their ancestors. Maybe there's some place that could give Popoto an awakening to its inner happiness/light, and Lupus an adaptation to a colder environment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    When I got to Lupus, I had half a mind to reference Amaterasu (which is entirely why it's got nothing to do with Fire, but I digress). Since I'm in Hoenn, I can imagine the Scorched Slab being important for Lupus, though I don't know how that would translate for other regions.
    As for Popoto... I'm not sure if I want to add both location based evolutions. Maybe a happiness evolution, especially since I have half a mind to incorporate an actual cetacean quality that would make it a poorer battler in universe: Cetaceans can't breathe while they're unconscious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.