1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Expedition Cabin - a chat for Catchér Trainers

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Apawn, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    So I am still unsure of my catcher goals. I want to catch everything but I am still not 100% sure of whether I wanna catch certain Pokémon. Personally still thing some of the DW pictures are ugly but then again some are really nice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think once we can organize and release our Pokémon in the catcher I might be more motivated to complete it like a Pokédex. For now I'm just catching the mons that I like or interest me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm looking forward to the release update, as I'd been hunting for a lot of rare species and caught a few things that I'd initially perceived as rare, but found out that they were merely uncommon encounters that show up not super-often, but enough to make me realise they weren't rare (Mr. Mime, Yanma, and Sneasel are among them).

On another note, after I get Kingdra to level 50, I will start working on species in the new update that can evolve. Chansey will be first on my list, and after that it will be whatever comes to mind and which has not already been done.

Apawn likes this.
  4. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I liked naming them pokies. Stopped when I ran out of idea names....
    So far like probs 20 now at the best.

5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I just don't, I'm lazy :P

6. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Laziness has its perks.

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Naming things is really odd. I like to name them whenever possible, though very little of my names have much real thought put into them. Most of them it's just whatever first came to mind. Looking through my profile, the only names I really put thought into were Coral (Kingdra), Gol'gar (Omanyte - well, some thought), and Crest (Teddiursa). Virtually every other nickname I chose is either outright silly or just based off whatever I felt it mentally resembled at the time.

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I don't name all my pokés, because I'm lazy. The ones that do get names tho tend to get named after a mon one of my OCs have with a few exceptions.

I'm also torturing myself atm by going on Unown hunting, only missing 2 of them now then I have all of them.

9. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Gosh, it's been so long since I posted on this thread, I'm such an anti-social person.

I usually have themes for nicknames. For here, I nickname all of my Pokémon off of food, some of which are mostly irrelevant to particular Pokémon (Like naming my Heracross "Rye Bread". I don't know what I was thinking but it stuck fast).

Has anyone found a Stantler yet? I really want to catch one and name it Potato.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Stantler and Delibird are the two Pokémon in the new update that have yet to be found. Wobbuffet used to be on that list, but that was discovered a day or two ago.

11. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'd imagine Delibird might be in the market section since is a pokémon often used in delivery services.

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I suppose it's time that theory should be tested, eh? I'll peruse that section and see what I find.

13. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    If is like in the games be prepared for a long hunt, Delibird was originally a pretty rare mon.

14. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Hello catchers. Been having a block as to what to do. Currently continuing the Pikachu grind. I want to collect Pokémon but a lack of a proper dex that updates keeps me from it. I'm thinking about designing a test dex on photoshop that I edit manually for people. It would be a test for a few volunteers.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. What do you mean by 'test dex'? What are you trying to accomplish?

16. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    So the way I am used to it (from my RPG experiences) is an automatic "personal Pokédex" that updates everytime you catch something new. So it's basically all the Pokémon released in the game (or LV for this example) listed alphabetically with an empty Pokéball next to it. Everytime you catch a Pokémon, the dex is automatically updated to a filled Pokéball. It's a really neat organizer and you can quickly find what you're missing to complete your dex. Since it can't be put on LV and I have little coding knowledge to automate it anyways, I was gonna make on one Photoshop or GIMP and basically update it manually everytime I caught a Pokémon. It's kinda like how you go back and add text in a sig on the XCF file. I'd post it here so people can see how far I am from completing the dex.

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    That seems like a lot of effort for very little reward. I can already see a few problems with that:

:: It would be much easier for you to make this list on a spreadsheet, or even a word processor. Using an image would involve a lot of particulars beyond just the basic text.
    :: The Catcher already notes for you which things you own and which things you don't. You don't need to keep strict track of it because the application does so for you.
    :: People interested in doing so themselves would have this goal on their minds already - either by using the Catcher itself or even a personal listing. An extra aid would be unnecessary.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to share your own progress, but that doesn't change much of what I've just stated.

18. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    I'm gonna hatch a bunch of odd eggs so I can get the trophy for that and so I can finally get Hitmonlee now that I need the baby pokémon in order to get it. >_<

19. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I've only one odd egg, I'll wait till it hatches before I get another

20. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Hmm, I just renamed an odd egg to a fairly long name and noticed that option to change the name is now gone?