1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Expedition Cabin - a chat for Catchér Trainers

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Apawn, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Thinking about it, if you re-arrange the letters in 'Wippor', you get 'POW! RIP' - while I highly doubt that was something intentional, it is an extremely amusing thought.

I'm just going to be watching KK in particular when WIppor finally is introduced, and then anyone else in simple passing. It'll be quite a day, won't you think?

2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,934.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Time to take a break from training bulbasaur now that I got it to Lv. 50. Gonna repeat the process on this machop I think.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Wow congrats on reaching level 50 for it!

I'm still waiting for my egg to reach lv40 so I can start training another mon lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Same. Still got these 2 eggs to go... minus the new Mystery Egg, of course.

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I haven't hatched any of my Legendary Eggs yet, whoops. I got distracted with the newer egg :sweat:

6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Congrats on hatching your Mystery Egg though! It's gonna be a while before I train one xD

7. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Do you guys think the downtime will bring updates to the Catcher?

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    If that's the case.... HYPE!

But for all we know it could just be other maintenance.

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    As far as we (i.e. you and I) know, it's just to relocate Lake Valor to the VPS, and just dragging everything over with it. The downtime will just be for the migration and getting everything into place.

There might be some minor tweaks to the Catcher as well (I know that a few Pokémon have their images display oddly), but I don't think a substantial update will happen during the downtime. However, when the Catcher does get a substantial update, there will be downtime - there has to be.

Apawn likes this.
  10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    My second legendary egg was another articuno... so It's gonna be a while before I train another because I'm afraid I'll end up with another duplicate lol.

11. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,934.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This is why I marked all the eggs that I got dupes of, so I can avoid hatching dupes or well most of them I think I might have missed a few. XD

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Ah yes, the pages upon pages of eggs nicknamed 'Dupe'. I can't wait for trading to become a thing, then these eggs will finally see some warmth.

...People are a little less stir-crazy now that the forums are back up, and while it seems slow now, I'd believe a few more days will be all that's needed to get back up to top speed - after the second downtime, we'll be ready for sure.

13. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,934.4
    I just wanted to be sure I actually hatched something I didn't already have first before started on dupes. XD

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I'm back to working on my Legendary Eggs again. Togepi needing five posts per level made it take much longer than I'd anticipated, but at least now I know when that evolves. I suppose the next step for that is to wait for whenever Togetic's evolution gets added to the Catcher.

...Still five posts per level, so this is definitely going to take a while.

15. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Just evolved my shiny Caterpie! Butterfree kind of matches my colors lol.

Now I need to figure out what to train next...

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    So, most of you have probably noticed this by now, but the next update has dropped:
    https://lakevalor.net/threads/over-100-new-pokémon-have-arrived.19108/

Another 100-ish new species have dropped, including expansions/evolutions of previously existing species. With that, it seems we will have our work cut out for us yet again. Where do you plan to search first? What will you have your eyes peeled for? These are important questions.

17. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    I totally called Sentret being the first Johto mon that popped up for me. xD

18. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I just caught a Poliwag on this thread. I already have one, but apparently this particular Poliwag was "not in my collection". My best guess is it'll evolve into a Politoad later down the line.

19. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I just caught a Mareep! ^_^

20. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Caught a Sudowoodo!