1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 6 Fairy type

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The fairy type was introduced in XY, bringing with it new Pokémon as well as retyping Pokémon we have known and loved for many years. What did you think of the fairy type upon its release vs. now? Did you use any on your team in the sixth generation games? Which fairy Pokémon is your favorite?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I loved fairy types then and I still do now. I go by cuteness rather than type or how good a Pokémon is, but a fair few of them has been fairy.
    Sylveon or Cutiefly are my favorite, esp shiny cutiefly

3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I honestly don't really like Fairy types just because of how strong they are. In Gen 6, at least they were immune to fire. But then that was removed, and I don't think we need another type that can bash Dragons in! And they have so many strengths with not enough weaknesses.
    My favourite Fairy-type Pokémon... I'd have to say Spritzee and Mega Altaria.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    You mean fire types are immune to them? I think they still are.

I agree with Choco. They’re overpowered and a lot of the Fairy-types are incredibly overrated (*cough* Gardevoir *cough*).

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    To reply, Fire used to be super-effective on Fairy types, and immune to them. Now, Fairy types can damage Fire types and they're not super-effective any more.

6. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My first thought when fairy types were introduced: "My dragon types are going to have a very hard time next generation..."

Some time later, uses Swirlix, Sylveon, Xerneas, Primarina, Ribombee and Mimikyu on her main teams and regrets nothing.

By the way, Xerneas is my favorite because of how regal it looks compared to every other fairy type. As well as Mega Altaria because Fairy Dragon. We need more fairy dragons gad dang it.

#6 Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    When I heard there was a new type called Fairy, I laughed so hard. Why would you name a type after Fairy? I thought it was ridiculous. I grew to love Fairy types. Some of my favorites are Florges, Diancie, Gardevoir, Aromatisse, Sylveon, Ribombee, and Tapu Koko/Fini.

8. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    I actually thought it was funny when I first saw the Fairy Type, especially after I heard that Fairy beats Dragon. I grew to enjoy it, though; while not one of my favorite typings, it is one of the ones that's interesting, and I tend to have at least one Fairy on my team.

Personally my favorite Fairy's are Sylveon (my first Fairy, actually), Tapu Koko, and Ribombee, though I do have a special place in my heart for Gardevoir, Dedenne, Mega Audino, and Wigglytuff (mostly because of PMD Sky).

9. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    This type is actually one of my favourite types, just behind Steel. I think it's the basis behind the type I like the most ever the actual Pokémon themselves. I find half of the Fairy type Pokémon kind of 'meh' design-wise if I'll be honest. The other half are great though.
    My favourite Fairy-Types are Spritzee and Aromatisse.
    My other faves are Wigglytuff, Primarina, Shiinotic, Togetic, Mime Jr, and Granbull.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I think fairy is a great type that fits the franchise perfectly. My favorites of this type are Clefable, Sylveon, and Klefki!

11. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I loved all of the dragon born memes that came out when it was first announced. I didn't use one on my team at the time, but I use them pretty frequently now. Sylveon and Slurpuff are my favorites.

12. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I detest fairy types, they're weird and messed up the stable system we had since Gen 2! And Fairy beating Dragon, what kind of logic is that!?? I think a certain someone would end himself if he heard about that xaxaxa

13. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I feel pretty meh about fairy types. They seem a little too overpowered to me, but I haven't battled enough with them to really be able to say. In general I'm also just not too fond of the fairy Pokémon designs. Too many of them are pink. I want more dark fairies (not dark typing, but dark meaning mischievous and dangerous, because that's what fairies are like in so many cultures). I want more fairies like Mimikyu and Impidimp.

14. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    As someone who’s favorite Pokémon are Fairy types, it’s safe to say I love the Fairy type. It’s introduction did shake up the type chart but I don’t think that’s really a bad thing. Sure, Dragon types have a new weakness, but that’s not stopping beasts like Garchomp from being powerhouses. Fairy type’s weakness to poison and steel have also given those types more importance offensively.
    My favorites are Mimikyu, Gardevoir and Florges.

15. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I really love fairy types! I do think it would be interesting if they added more types in as well! My favorite fairy type is probably Slurpuff!

16. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    i love the fairy types cause they r pretty

17. ChaosFox

ChaosFox Swimmer

Sparkles
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽333.1
    I love them. And I think they were a necessary shake up. Can they be OP yes but so can many other types like I do not know electric when it is with the right type or ability. Or Dragon before Fairy. Not t to mention it made on of my other favorite typing's. poison, a viable typing to use. Yes I know both poison and fairy are in my top five favorites.... sue me.

Some of my favorites are Weezing (Galarian Form), Cottonee/Whimsicott, Cutiefly/Ribombee,
    Morelull/Shiinotic, Hatterenne, and the Impidimpline.

I will also say why have not played any thing past Sun and moon I have watched some sword and shield game play and there are some fan made games that have the Pokémon from sword and shield in it. One of them even lets you start with any Pokémon (First stage or single stage) that is not a legendary (even lets you start with the ultra beast if you want to but you can get them all easily throughout the game well somewhat easily) so yea that is why three of my favorites are from sword and shield.

18. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    At first i thought hmmmm thats a bit of a strange choice for a new type but i guess but over time they grew on me my favorite fairy types are Sylveon, Gardevoir, Hatterene, Primarina, Ribombee,Mimikyu, Azumarill, Alolan Form Ninetales and Togekiss

19. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I found it a bit hard to adjust to all the older Pokémon switching to Fairy or a Fairy dual type. I still find myself confused on older Pokémon's typings (I had to look up that Jigglypuff is now a Fairy/Normal instead of pure Fairy like Clefairy)

The typing is quite fun to play with, and at the point of X/Y, quite well needed for meta play. Dragon only had a weakness to Ice and Dragon at that time, and Ice types (pre-X/Y) were not bulky/decent enough for solid competitive play to handle the onslaught of dragon types.

Rimbombee in S/M/US/UM has been a solid teammate (my Rimbombee has taken down the Totem Rimbombee in US/UM after the rest of my team fell as I was not prepared for Fairy typing) and the older Fairy types are just as great as they were before.

20. GigaGold1

GigaGold1 Blaziken Fan

MEW!!!
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Mega Altaria! its soo cool.