1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fakemon Design Challenge, Phase II: Attack of the Fish Birbs

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by OzoneFruit, Jul 9, 2018.

?

What animal should we base our Fakemon on?

1. Flying Fish

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Dolphin/Whale

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Shark/Ray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    So, voting has concluded on our Fakemon design, and we now enter Phase 2! Designing!

Final Fakemon Poll Results.PNG

Our Team has voted on the Piscine-Avian combo design!

Let's get brainstorming!

A couple of you guys have already expressed interest in a design based around the flying fish! I do like this idea, as the flying fish is a pretty neat little creature, and we can also implement elements such as kites/hydroplanes into it!

A few examples of flying fish pictures just for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    To stick to the theme. I think the Pokémon we are creating should have some man-made weapons attached to make it more alienly(Its a made up word. It means very alien like)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Two words...

Flying Dolphin

4. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Not sure how this fits the theme? Piscine + Avian was the winning combo, not Piscine + Mechanical/Alien.

5. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I really like the flying fishies that @OzoneFruit added in the post. Although we have to be careful in designing it as a Pokémon since it does kind of resemble the Lumineon line minus the patterns. Flying Dolphins sound awesome too.

6. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Is The Pokémon Going To Be Ice/Water Or Our 'Design A Type' Contest Type?
    I Just Forget About It.

Edit-
    I Saw What You Did On The Title Of This Thread As Well.

7. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Okay, here's a little something I thought of!

There are certain airplane designs that are built to take off/land on water called seaplanes! The smaller ones can easily be seen as having parallels to the flying fish's body shape, and I think it would be pretty cool if we could implement the design of these planes into the Pokémon. Kind of like a living water jet!

Examples of said seaplanes:

upload_2018-7-9_6-16-12.jpeg upload_2018-7-9_6-16-50.jpeg upload_2018-7-9_6-18-1.jpeg

While, I'm assuming the base color will be blue/whitish, red and yellow could definitely be a choice for shinies!

Also, I think it would be adorable if at least the first stage could have a head that resembles an aviator hat and goggles:

[​IMG]

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  8. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    Perhaps a fish or dolphin-like body with wings similar to that of a seaplane attached to the top of its body? Maybe we can have it so that it swims fast enough to generate lift?

9. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    I'll try to make a drawing of the suggestions so far and see how we like it. I'm thinking sea green along with blue and white for the colors. Thoughts?

Edit: I definitely didn't do it justice, but you can see the basic things and ideas :/
    FC021964-9E67-470E-BD04-74F0A2771DAA.jpeg

#9 Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    OzoneFruit likes this.
  10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I'm all on board for a Flying Fish Pokémon. I'd say its pretty obvious that its going to be a Water/Flying type.

11. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    I really like this! It's definitely close to what I had in mind for a second stage. I'll draw up a first stage draft soon!

12. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Okay, just had another idea!

Planes usually fly in groups right? Kinda like a squadron?

Well, I was thinking...

What if this flying fish evolved by having two of the fish in your party? It could be a three branch evolution, with one form being a male pair, one female pair, and then a mixed/mated pair. Each one could have different stats and serve a different purpose in battle. I was thinking one of the potential abilities could work like Parental Bond; maybe call it something like Tag Team?

Arctiquaza likes this.
  13. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    That's a really cool idea, especially considering that fish (including flying fish) travel in schools! Perhaps the males could be more offensive and the females more defensive, and the mixed more of a jack of all trades?

Also playing off of that idea, what if instead of an actual evolution, having two in your party would just cause you to send both out at once (if you have three or more, the groups are determined by the order in your party). Each group would act as a single unit in battle, as far as the game is concerned. Along with different stats, the different groups could have different abilities. As for the moves, the first two move slots could be taken by the moves in the first two move slots of the first Pokémon in your party, and the second two by the second.

Also, I would think the group Pokémon would be very powerful, for all variations of it, but it would be balanced by only having effectively 5 Pokémon in your party.

Arctiquaza likes this.
  14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Drew up a sketch for the first stage of a flying fish! Thoughts?

Flying Fish concept SMALLER.png

ShireHime and FireSpartan5 like this.
  15. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    It looks really good!

As for a name, perhaps Piscantes? (Just a portmanteau of the Latin words for fish and flying)

Arctiquaza likes this.
  16. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I would recommend Exocopter for the final form, from the words Helicopter and the species family name for flying fish, Exocotidae.

17. Serena-chan

Serena-chan Bask under the moon's warmth

Rick
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.3
    Amulet Coin ★★★
    Avish

18. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Personally I'm a fan of "Nyoom."

LostSpirit and OzoneFruit like this.
  19. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ozone, how do you read my mind. Earlier today I was looking up those flying fish and then I thought of the seaplane thing. I never thought to combine the two though.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  20. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Don't Know But I Starting To Feel Like We Will Have Some Kind Of Final Fantasy Leviathan On The Final Stage Somehow...