1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fakemon Design Challenge, Phase II: Attack of the Fish Birbs

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by OzoneFruit, Jul 9, 2018.

?

What animal should we base our Fakemon on?

1. Flying Fish

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Dolphin/Whale

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Shark/Ray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I voted earlier and forgot to mention it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    MASSIVE legend here, I voted for Aerdheart. Or however you spell it.

Point is I voted, ok.

3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have done me a vote, now you can stop sliding into my dms @OzoneFruit :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Voted Too!

5. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I voted for Aerdhart!

6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ahoy there crew!

I'll be keeping this Poll open for another 3 hours before the name is finalized! (I'd prefer to submit this thing early this time around to avoid any problems!)

@AHumanCalledRyan @Arc1Dragon @dangokura @Darkmaster006 @DIO @endmaster4390 @Haunted Ditto @Hawthorn @InkyGuy @lia @LordEevee2005 @LunarRabbitPikachu @Phanderr @Pikachulover0927 @Pory-ZPlayz @Punk @RegionRunner150 @Riptide5738 @RWBY_Lover @ShaysShaymin

If you were tagged here, it's either because you haven't voted yet, or you have but have not confirmed your vote yet! Once voted, please respond to this thread! It helps keep track of everything! ;)

7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    K I did the thing

8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    @AHumanCalledRyan @Arc1Dragon @dangokura @endmaster4390 @Haunted Ditto @Hawthorn @InkyGuy @lia @LordEevee2005 @LunarRabbitPikachu @Pikachulover0927 @Pory-ZPlayz @Punk @RegionRunner150 @Riptide5738 @RWBY_Lover @ShaysShaymin

If you have been pinged here, it's because you have not voted yet on the poll for naming the Female Evolution of the Flying Fish Fakemon, or have not responded. Seeing as the vote is still currently tied, from this point, votes from voters that do not respond here WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

Please take the time to make your opinion heard! I will keep the poll open for another 3 hours. If the vote is still tied by then, I will have to think of another method for determining the name choice.

Here is a link to the poll.

https://strawpoll.com/58yfxaxb

9. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Another three hours have passed, and no further votes have come in.

Both names are great suggestions, but only one can be used in the end. Acting as your captain and co-captain, @HeroofFire101 and I both believe it would be best to use the name "Aerdhart" as the final name for the female evolution. It is easier to pronounce, and it compliments Turbulind's name motif of having a famous pilot in the name scheme.

As a nod to the other name, "Corsicair", Aerdhart's classification will be changed to the "Air Raid" Pokémon; "Corsair" has roots in the Latin word "corsus", meaning "raid"/"plunder", and it goes in line with us being pirates as well. ;)

I realize that there are still about 6 hours left for submission, but I'd prefer to get this entry in early. With @Hraesvelgr 's Create-a-Type Challenge, I asked for the crew to send in the Sound Type document while I was out dealing with an unforeseen emergency, but no one did, and we will more than likely be penalized for being late. To avoid that happening again, Hero and I would like to finalize things sooner than later.

- Captain @OzoneFruit and First Mate @HeroofFire101

10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Went and fixed the table of contents to include Aerdhart. We need height and weight, right? Do we have that?

11. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Height and weight is all good! I believe we're just submitting a .pdf file of the document once we're done, like we did with the Sound Type entry, along with full art for reference! ;)

On a side note, I'm thinking of adding a fin to Turbulind's head to make it mirror Aerdhart a bit more and look less aiplane-y. Thoughts?

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  12. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I like that idea. Makes it a bit more organic.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  13. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Just make sure it's quick! We have to replace the image multiple times and we don't have much time! Don't forget the shiny too!

14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Changes made! I added a dorsal fin to its back and changed the tail fin bones to resemble that of Avish/Aerdhart. I also rounded the gills to make them less "exhaust-vent"-ish.

Flying Fish Evo Male 2 SMALLER.png Flying Fish Evo Male 2 SHINY SMALLER.png

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  15. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    I believe that means we are ready to submit! I don't know how to do so, so I think you should. Nice work! It looks great!

16. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    do we have the Pokédex entries? sorry, I haven't really looked at the doc too much, if it was there

17. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Don't worry. We got them.

18. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Submitting now!!! Thank you to everyone who's worked on this project! It turned out amazing!!! Go Team Azure!!

19. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    Darkinum Z ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    We all did great! I hope we win! ^_^

20. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Result for the contest are up.

It was a very close call in the end, but in the end, Team Crimson beat us by two points...

It honestly stings quite a bit. I loved all the effort we put into this, and I truly believed we had a superior finished product in the end, but I guess it is what is. I am IMMENSELY happy with how our flying fishies turned out though, and couldn't have asked for more from you. You should all be INCREDIBLY proud.

Grimwave, FireSpartan5 and Merdrabolt like this.