1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fakemon.

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by DemonicKraken, Sep 3, 2018.

1. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Do you make them? Have you thought about making a thread for them? Why haven't you made a thread for them?

And also if you do make them, how much do you make? Just a design and type, or do you go for stats, egg groups, or even movesets?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have thought about making Fakemon, but I've never actually gotten to it. I'm not very good at designing things from scratch. However, I do have an appreciation for those who do make them. A lot of hard work goes into them at the end of the day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I actually had a pretty big list of fakemon I invented back in... Gen 5 ish. I think I had all three starters for a new region, plus 20 other evolution lines. I made notes of generally "this one will be a fast physical sweeper, this one will be a special wall" and if they were going to get any unique moves, but I never went so far as drawing any of them. Mostly just "this one is going to be a horse who, similar to Rapidash, has a mane and fetlocks that look like crashing waves, generally white and blue in color" or "this one is a frog, probably green, that's normally seated in a crouched position, and can inflate its throat pouch enough to float or spew poison clouds".

I probably won't dig that list up again, I don't have the time or energy to actually do a project with them any more.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I've made a load of fakemon over the years, especially when I was younger. I created 4 regions in a span of 2 years when I was around the age of 10-11.
    I created a fair amount while I was on deviantart too, mostly in the form of fake mega evolutions.
    I've slowed down in the last year with how many I create, and I'm planning on stopping entirely very soon. This is because I'd rather work on my own projects. I don't have the time nor interest in creating fakemon anymore.

5. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I started a fakemon list in the kalos generation and have pictures on my laptop of the starters of which only one has changed.
    I have my fire starter Firoxy. It evolves into Firoxen and firoxer.
    My water starter aquabit it evolves into icanny then icenic. (twisted wordplay on Arsenic)
    and my grass starter which was originally grassia (so lame) is now tealatoo name is a work in progress.
    2. Firoxy Base.png 1. Aquabit Base.png 3. Tealatoo Base.png Which one would you choose? Out of curiousity.

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Tealatoo! I love birds

7. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    @Hawks I think Rowlet inspired me. The idea of grass bird had never really come to mind before. I tend to be pretty fond of Firoxy myself.
    Fun tibit of info. Tealatoo was actually based of my cockatoo.

8. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I usually go for fire starters but I have a soft spot for birds because I have two birds :D

9. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    I don't know I go for the really cute ones or the ones that remind of cats somehow.
    It's always between Tealatoo and Firoxy when I try to decide.
    But Firoxy was the very first Fakemon I made so it's always been my favourite heck in my fanfic the first starter of the region ash caught was Firoxy.

10. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    I haven't made one in a while, but I do have ones I've made in the past and a list of ideas I wanted to eventually do (which, honestly, at this point they'll probably never be done). I would mostly just do type and way of evolution, and then maybe a few basic stats like weight and height; I never had any interest in stats beyond that, heh.

Don't feel like digging through the pics and/or sprites I made of some (since they're all hidden deep in my hard drive or even ick my old photobucket account), but I do want to go through them someday and redraw a bunch of them. :D Most were original, some were evolutions, I think at least one was a baby form.

As for the above: that parrot, definitely. But I'm also hugely biased towards parrots.

11. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    @Sylphiel Tealatoo. Huh a lot of people who I show this to seem to like Tealatoo the most.
    Guess it's the fan favourite. Yeah I don't have fans but my Pokémon do.

12. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Sure I do. In fact I have almost 200 already submited to my deviantart account, with full description and info such as typing, moves and stats (all of them are designed with competitive play in mind). I have a gallery over the art zone that can give you a sneak peek of them, too :hello:

I would rather include my designs and ideas in a brand new project of mine, too. I sadly don't have a way to do such thing right now (and who knows if I'll ever have :sweat:) so I'll stick with my fakemon for the time being. That way those concepts won't just vanish as mere momentary thoughs. It sounds rather poetic, doesn't it?

13. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have made Fakemon before, not saying they were in any right GOOD but I have done it. I think the important part is making a design that isn't too basic, not just a purple cat for dark, but it can't be too complicated, too many colors (think purrlion but dunked in more paints.) The importance of Pokémon is no Pokémon looks exactly like a Pokémon we have today.

14. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Does creating a full body for a LV in-joke count?
    If so, Wippor :)

15. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I used to come up with a lot of fakemon when I was younger (sometime during Gen IV) but stopped after a while. Now that I know how to use my scanner, I should probably pull out my old notes/designs and upload them. I might even try and make better artwork for some of the better fakemon designs.

I know that one of my favorite was Dynamo, which was basically just a living stick of dynamite. I also had a pair of unicorns with a Yin and Yang motif, one of which was Ghost type and I think the other was Psychic. I also remember having a bird made out of protractors, a platypus that was basically just Psyduck with a beaver tail and a baby form of Tauros and Miltank. There was also Basalark, which was sort of like sleek black Godzilla thing that would have been a Dark/Water Legendary connected to an ancient sunken city similar to Atlantis, if I remember correctly.

16. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    The birb.
    Birbs are my favourite animal, and I have a few at home.

As for the question, no. I don't draw Fakémon, but I do think of how they may look like. Mostly bird Pokémon.