1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fal's art stuff

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Faleep, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    So, um, new here. It was suggested to me to show off my art.
    So, here it is:

This stuff is all from a daily art challenge I'm doing.

[​IMG]
    The first day was a Bulbasuar.

[​IMG]
    Ivysaur and some friends.

[​IMG]
    One of my favorite draws. That tree took forever to draw, but I love the way it turned out.

[​IMG]
    Day 04 was a charmander. I drew my Charmander OC from PMD EoT. Dem gloves. /shot
    Horrid pic is horrid.

[​IMG]
    Ah, this pic. It's digital cause the paper copy looked horrid. Anyways, more characters! This time they're from a RP I'm in. It' said Gijinka RP, but the character can go between forms at will. The Zoroark is named Shade, and the Noivern is named Kair. They're my partners. The little Zorua is mine, she's named Ophelia. She's so adorable, (expect more arts of her) she used to be a salve before she got placed I to the hands of Shade and Kair. Her life as a slave caused her to loose her right arm and the sight in her left eye. It also left her extremely timid, shy, and generally scared of everything. She has limited vocabulary, and is unable to read or write. But, she is extremely smart, as she understands the things people are saying, and is able to retain the knowledge for a long time, despite the fact she can not communicate her knowledge easily.

And now we're on to my Nuzlocke comic. I played a randomized Leafgreen game as a Nuzlocke. >.> erm.... Yeah. The run has been named Bloody Hell. I'm working on the comic currently.

[​IMG]

My starter was a Bagon. She never saw the end. In fact, only three Pokémon saw the end. A Spinda, a Poliwrath, and a Ho-oh.
    Yeah... 38 deaths. Bloody hell. But, I have a new respect for Spinda's. Derpy, my Spinda, is a little adorable monster, she mowed over everything in her path. Heh, Depry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    [​IMG]
    Day 06 has me drawing requests. (Which are always open) this time somebody requested a Ninetails, and a different person requested a Vulpix. So I drew the two together.
    Both the Chatot (shiny and non shiny) along with the Wingull were requested also.
    The Magikarp was thrown in for fun. Somebody had mentioned that because Garados was part flying, it must be part bird. The image of a Magikarp flying while singing "I believe I can fly" popped into my head, and so I drew it. I may redraw that part later, with more detail.

3. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    [​IMG]
    Day 07. Today was a request (a Sneasel).
    So, I have a Sneasel partnered up with a Fearow, stealing from a Sandslash.
    I like the way this came out. I wish I had a wider arrange of colored pens though, but for now the set of 20 will have to do.

4. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Why not try using colored pencils? Might have more colors of you to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I've used them before, and I've come to dislike the color quality. Yes, they have a broader color range, but I have to press really hard and go over the same piece quite a few times to get the same quality of color. I like the pens for their vibrancy, and quality. Plus, they last longer then the colored pencils (it takes forever to sharpen the colored pencils when they break unless one has a really good sharpener).
    There is an art specialty shop in the city where I live, and I'm going to try and buy some of the high quality pens from it after my birthday in June.

6. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    True, the pencils take more time but also take practice, as does any media in art. As for markers do you know what brand you're going for? I've heard Prismacolor and Copic are good, and I've used both and can say they are worth it. Copic I think is the more expensive one. If you're not sure, don't be afraid to do research on them. That way you won't waste money =3

7. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Staedtler is the brand I use. They're these near little triangle shaped pens, with a .3mm tip. I'm trying to get my hands on some Copic's, but none of the general stores sell them, I need to go to the art specialty store in my town.

8. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    [​IMG]

So, day 10 is a WIP for a later thing. Yay.

9. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    My new OC character. <3

[​IMG]

"Hi! I'm Blobed! In case you can't tell, I'm a Ditto. I live on a really big farm Kalos region, near Camphrier town and the route 7 daycare. I live with lots of other Pokémon, most notably my best friend Com. Com's a Talonflame, and our trainer Silva uses him for hatching eggs, like how she uses my bother and sister for breeding. They like breeding, unlike me. Nah, I like answering letters and questions, though I don't get very many anymore. I like receiving mail, especially questions about what goes on the farm I call home!"

10. ThaIssing

ThaIssing Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave!

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    these are some really fine drawings! :D
    When it comes to markers there are also promakers, they are a lot cheaper than copic makers and can still be used, I use them myself, just if you want a cheaper alternative. they just can't be refilled unlike the copics.

11. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    [​IMG]
    So, I doodled this up yesterday.
    I love how it came out. ^.^

12. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    [​IMG]

Finished a new drawing. It's of Mishi the Mew, Com the Talonflame, and Blobed the Ditto. They're playing In a tree along with other Pokémon.

13. ThaIssing

ThaIssing Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave!

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    not bad! and is that a magikarp in the air?

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Oh that's really cool! I like it.

15. Faleep

Faleep PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Yeah, it' said running joke between me and some of my friends.
    Basically, I had been asking for bird Pokémon, and one of my friends made the claim that since most birds were flying types, then all the part flying types were birds. They said that Lugia was a bird, and one of my other friends, going on that same claim, said that Garados must be part bird then.
    The image of a flying Magikarp has since then become a running joke.

Thank you! I've been trying out a new lifeless style, and so far I've been liking it. It has been more work, but I like how it comes out. Plus, it forces me to play around with shading (something that I suck horrendously) at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.