1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fantasy Creatures

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lucario_J, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucario_J

Lucario_J David Tennant

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.6
    So, list a fantasy/mythical creature! The name, and description!

I do actually need a creature, so if possible, make it larger, and evil! Not too big though, like a hydra!

And don't make it too horrifying, i want to sleep tonight ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ToxicWyvern

ToxicWyvern Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Here is a fantasy creature for you

Catoblepas

Description from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Catoblepas

It has the body of a buffalo and the head of a wild boar. Its back is covered in scales and its head is so heavy it always keepts its head down. Its stare and/or breath are said to be able to turn people into stone or kill them

3. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    The Griffin/Gryphon is a mythological creature with the rear body of a lion and the head, chest and front claws of an eagle.

Here's a better description of it: http://mythology.wikia.com/wiki/Griffin

They also appear in the Narnia film The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, in the final battle scene.

It's probably one of my favourite mythological creatures too! Here's a cool image of one:

[​IMG]

4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Chuck Norris, oh wait, sorry you wanted fantasy creature
    An empousa maybe. The best description you are going to find is probably in Percy Jackson.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    A Chimera is a mythical creature which consists of bits of goat, lion and serpent or dragon combined. It normally has the head of a lion with a tail as a serpent. It is derived from Greek mythology.

Here's a picture of one:

[​IMG]

6. Lucario_J

Lucario_J David Tennant

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.6
    Since I'm getting responses, Ill post one too!

Laestrygonians.

"The Laestrygonians are a tribe of giant cannibals from ancient Greek mythology. Odysseus, the main character of Homer's Odyssey, visited them during his journey back home to Ithaca. The giants ate many of Odysseus' men and destroyed eleven of his twelve ships by launching rocks from high cliffs. Odysseus' ship was not destroyed as it was hidden in a cove near shore. Everyone on Odysseus' ship survived." - Wikipedia

The laestygonians are also in one of the Percy Jackson books, but have four arms than the original two. :)

7. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    If you want something more exotic, I can dig up some Chinese and Japanese monsters

8. Lucario_J

Lucario_J David Tennant

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.6
    That would be good, but apparently it can't be from any games. Thanks.:)

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    I'll poke around my stashes of Asian monsters and see what I can find--are you looking for annoying or deadly ones?

10. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    It can't be anything from any franchises. Mythology's fine as it's obviously not a franchise, but I just want to clear that up. And, please make sure that the fantasy creature you're using for your Crisis Academy post fits the environment that your character is traveling through.

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    With that in mind, what is your hero traveling through?

12. Lucario_J

Lucario_J David Tennant

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.6
    A very plant-filled valley :)

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    Bujanga-A forest and jungle dragon of West Malaysia and Java. It protects all the creatures of the forest.

Gerjis-A very large predator in the jungle of Malaysia that looked like a tiger. It was so successful at killing prey that the last of the animals in the forest were forced to attack back. Together they made a hole and the mouse-deer persuaded the Gerjis into the pit. They then kicked dirt in and the elephant then threw down a tree which crushed the skull of Gerjis.

Source: http://www.mythicalcreatureslist.com

14. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Here's the description of where his character's going:
    "A great stretch of land away from Crisis Academy sits the entrance to the Guardian's Valley. Two elegantly-carved statues jut out from the rock walls that line the extravagantly blooming, grass path. They sit across from each other, each wearing a crown atop their heads and holding a royal staff in hand. The ancient stone that makes up their bodies radiates the purest kind of magic. Under control of the valley's guardian, the pair guard the entrance, letting only those they deem worthy of entrance pass by them. Any creature with ill-intent towards the valley or what lies beyond meets the unfortunate fate of a brawl with the stone-strong duo. Granted with movement from the waist and up, the guardians attack with their long-reaching battle staves or nearby boulders, impaling or crushing their prey with great precision. Those deemed worthy or those who possess the raw skill to pass through the twins' rocky rampage are rewarded the sheer beauty of the valley. Everywhere one looks there always seems to be a myriad of blooming flowers or sparkling stone."

A picture can be found here (http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/184/b/2/through_the_ancient_valley_by_blinck-d34h5qv.jpg).

It's more of a meadow sort of thing than a jungle, but it's walled in by stone, so there could be creatures there.

15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Nobody has mentioned the classic Manticore yet? Wow. It's a pretty all around badass mythical beast.

As far as the tail goes I am the most accustomed to seeing it with a scorpion end.

[​IMG]

16. Lucario_J

Lucario_J David Tennant

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.6
    I'm leaning toward the manticore, but I dont know. Maybe a Nymph, a Leimoniad? A nymph of the meadows...

17. Th3knif3

Th3knif3 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    An ash nymph, the were the ones who nursed baby zues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.