1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fav MEGA evolution! Plus Poll~

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cherry3Fairy, May 4, 2018.

?

Mega Charizard X or Mega Charizard Y?

1. X

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Y

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Which is your fav mega evolution out of those who actually exist?
    I really like Mega Charizard X.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Gonna quote my Q&A for this x)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I prefer Mega Char X over Y because of the blue flames and the dragon/fire typing.

Out of all the Mega evolutions overall, Mega Diancie and Mega Altaria are my favorite based on design. I like using Mega Gyarados and Mega Kangaskhan for battling too.

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Y. I like his combination of stats and skills, as well as his remaining true to his original typing and colour scheme. X just seems too... fanservice-y for me.

FireSpartan5 and GlaceonSilver like this.
  5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like Mega Charizard X over Y in terms of design. Also, he becomes a legit dragon type.

In terms of other Mega Pokémon, Mega Kangaskhan is my favorite overall because it is the most adorable of the bunch imho.

6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    From the Charizards, I like Y better because X is just a blatant genwunner pandering attempt. Y is more like a Mega Evolution since it actually looks like the source material (a normal Charizard).

Out of all the Mega Evolving Pokémon, I like Mega Gallade and Altaria, I just can't pick! Mega Gallade looks regal yet deadly which is awesome, and Mega Altaria is just a big soft ball of floofyness. Who would object to a big ball of floofyness?

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  7. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    mega charizard x because it takes the awesome color scheme of shiny charizard, but instead of red, it uses blue, my fav color

8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I like Mega Charizard X because of typing that needed to happen a long time ago and the color scheme. (though, I always thought that the wings were a bit weird)

9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I also prefer Charizard X, also for the reasons that were mentioned earlier.

But considering the other Mega-Evolutions, I also like Mega-Diancie because of it's design and also Mega-Blaziken because of it's overpowered ability.

10. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Mega Charizard Y is awesome. X on the other hand looks horrible imo. It is actually my least favourite Mega Evolution.

As for my favourite Mega Pokémon overall, Mega Lopunny and Mega Aggron take the spot. I think both of them have really nice designs that are appealing to the eye.
    Mega Lopunny is also what made me appreciate regular Lopunny much more, so yeah.
    Mega Pidgeot, Mega Blaziken, Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Scizor, Mega Tyranitar, Mega Rayquaza, and Mega Swampert are other some of my other fave Mega Pokémon.

#10 May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  11. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    My favourite mega evolution is mega Garchomp. In all honesty, I don't have much experience with mega evolution itself; I skipped over generation 6, and as we all know mega evolution wasn't really brought back for generation 7, which is a real shame because in my opinion, it's one of the most interesting new mechanics to be introduced into the series. I've used mega Garchomp in Pokémon Ultra Moon, and it's a real powerhouse. I also really appreciate his design. The scythe-like arms were a really nice touch.

12. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Gonna list them below:
    ->Mega Charizard X.
    ->Mega Lucario.
    ->Mega Audino.
    ->Mega Gengar.

13. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Charizard Y is amazing for sun teams, but I have way to much fun sweeping people with Dragon Dance Char-X :P

My favorite Megas are probably Sableye and Mawile, along with Beedrill. Sableye is the best tank ever, Mega Mawile is stupid strong, and Mega Beedrill Fell Stinger sweeps are the best thing ever XD. Plus they all look cool :3

14. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    emo Absol and Sharpedo!

15. ninJAS

ninJAS Proud new daddy!

O_O
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball
    Charizard X over Charizard Y any day of the week. Gamefreak finally gave Charizard the Fire/Dragon typing it has deserved since the beginning and the black body with blue flames is sick.

Next favorite Mega evo is definitely Steelix. Doesn't get enough credit but it is a bulky offensive MONSTER <3

16. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My favorite Mega is probably Mega ~~Floof~~ Altaria! It's just so fluffy and cute... Mega Audino and and Diancie are runner ups. I have an affinity for cute and Fairy Pokémon.

BluetailsTheBuizel likes this.
  17. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Y is a bit scary...
    X is more bad a**

18. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,036.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My favorite Mega is Mega Aggron. Beastly and logical design, better typing and ability. Plus I love a good Tank and it is one of the tankiest.

For the Poll: I prefer X over Y and I feel like it should have just been that as a mega evolution. Y felt shoehorned to just make Charizard a ridiculous powerhouse for the sake of popularity.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've never used either of the Charizard megas, so I don't know if I have much of a preference, but I prefer that Y looks more like Charizard and doesn't have the dragon type. X kind of ruined the joke.

My favorite mega over all is probably Absol. As an absolute troll, I love Magic Bounce.

20. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Charizard X just looks significantly cooler in design. I get what Game Freak was going for with the whole draconic design thing in Y, but I feel X is much more intimidating and menacing which is a good thing.

Out of every mega evo though, Mega Latis and Mega Mawile are my definite favourites! Close favourites are Mega Gardevoir, Mega Gallade, and Mega Diancie.