1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite 3ds Pokemon game

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pory-ZPlayz, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    mine is y because of the introduction of character customization. I also love yveltal and its shiny

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Panazel

Benefic
    (Latias)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽100.2
    Wait, what? Didn't you just say it was Ultra Moon in another topic? XD

Anyway...um, the only one I've played is X, but I like X a lot for what it is. I haven't touched Gen 7 myself (Why didn't I get UM again?)

3. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I mistyped the title. It was supposed to say favorite Pokémon ds or 3ds game. That’s why.

4. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I think the ORAS games were the best for the 3DS. SM and USUM were just bad imo. Also, the only thing I really liked in XY is mega evolution. Hopefully Gamefreak doesn't try to pretend it never happened again on the Switch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LovableLuxray

LovableLuxray Ace Trainer

Amy
    (Shinx)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽126.1
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I really liked USUM. It had good plot and there was a lot of stuff to do.

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I really liked Y. I know a lot of people didn't, apparently, but I really did. It's probably one of my favorite generations.

7. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like ORAS mostly because of nostalgia. I'm not saying the other games are bad, but I feel like they just aren't as good as the previous generations.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    ORAS! Sapphire was my first Pokémon game, so as you can imagine I was stoked to be traveling once again through the Hoenn region. I know some fans were a bit mixed on ORAS, but I personally loved it, and it definitely lived up to my expectations.
    It also introduced some of my favourite mega Pokémon. Mega Lopunny, Mega Altaria, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Rayquaza just to name a few.
    I highly enjoyed Sun and Moon as well, although it did feel a bit slow and easy at times. The awesome new Pokémon and interesting region made up for that though.

9. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Alpha Sapphire was my favorite. Even though there was no character customization, the character designs already looked good. The different features they had (like the showcases and the Secret Bases) really added on to this game. Also, how you can get so many Legendaries and fly around the region!

It was a really enjoyable experience for me, and also a pretty good challenge. I hope another game like this one is made.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think regular Moon was my favorite, I spent the most amount of hours with it as well lol. I just loved how smooth the gameplay was when I started playing and I had lots of fun post game filling up the Dex and doing several hunts/challenges.

11. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    X & Y were my favorites simply because they inspired me to travel to France. Also, almost all the Pokémon introduced in that generation were amazing and useful.

12. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Mine would be Psmd. I still haven't got Arceus....

13. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,914.1
    In terms of gameplay I would say Omega Ruby (and by extension, Alpha Sapphire). It had a lot of features such as Secret Bases and the second Day Care facility in the Battle Resort that just made it a more worthwhile experience for me and managed to keep me engaged long after finishing the story (plus the Delta Episode, which meant there was more to the story).
    In terms of story I would say Sun (and by extension, Moon). I felt that the story was probably the best in the series so far and a lot of the characters were very memorable. However, the games made a lot mistakes in terms of gameplay, which is why I still consider OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire to be better in that area. There isn't really much to do after finishing the story, it isn't as easy to grind in the endgame/postgame, the Day Care was replaced with the Nursery (one of the characters says that it's less expensive, when its actually the opposite), and the relative lack of multi-battles.

14. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Moon was pretty fun, imo. Definitely my favourite.

15. Squirtle Hermit

Eggbert
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽21.7
    If you count the VC releases as 3DS games, then definitely Crystal. Otherwise, I'd have to say Omega Ruby.

16. Pancakes

Pancakes Bug Catcher

Autumn
    (Chikorita)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽72.7
    Definitely X and Y. They were the first games that I invested hours upon hours into. Kalos had some incredible music, in my opinion. It was also the first game to introduce the new-and-improved Exp. Share, which allowed me to train more than six Pokémon for my team for the first time.

17. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    XY are my faves.
    Than smusum. Are fun games

Sahpire and ruby are my least cause somehow I couldbt get into it
    I did miss thw characterr customaztion there

18. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    ORAS, for bringing back the best gen ever :U

19. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Given my love of gen3, of course ORAS are my favorites. I'm actually such a big fan of the Delta episode too, they managed to layer the story between XY and ORAS in an impressive way, and gave the game a lot of depth that I thought XY was missing.

20. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    Moon. In my opinion, SM had the second best story of any pokémon game (after B/W), and I love the night theme.