1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite and least Favorite game characters

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by AeroHail, May 20, 2017.

1. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I wanna hear what your favourite and least favourite video game characters are! And why?
    They can be from the same game or different games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I've been a longtime fan of the Halo series; ever since it was released in 2001, so I'll start out with that one.

I've got many favorite characters in there and I absolutely love the iconic Master Chief, but my vote has to go to the Arbiter...Thel 'Vadam.
    Although he is there during the setting of the original Halo: Combat Evolved; he actually doesn't make his in-person appearance until Halo 2. For those who have never delved into the Halo franchise; the original one had a futuristic space-faring humanity fighting against a genocidal alien empire known as the Covenant. 'Vadam was the leader of a Covenant force that you fight while stranded on the ringworld's namesake. At the end of the first game; you destroy much of the Covenant forces on the Halo and find out that he is severely punished for his actions. The Covenant leadership gives him a shot at redemption after stripping his rank and giving him the title of Arbiter; which essentially is one final chance for redemption to embark on suicidal missions and a rank he will have until his death. Over the course of the second Halo game; you play as him and find out that the basis of the Covenant's foundation turns out to be a complete lie and a political shakedown causes the empire to fragment. In the third game; the Arbiter does ally with humanity to defeat the Covenant for the final time and end the war. There was plenty of his appearances throughout the many Halo books and most recently, Halo 5: Guardians, where your character fights alongside him to wipe out the neo-Covenant.

What I really liked about Arbiter was that he was a bit of a nonconformist when it came to his species' personality. He's flexible, smart, open-minded and he inspires loyalty in his allies. In contrast to most Covenant troops; he actually took a respect to humanity and was impressed by their courage. For the developers of Halo; Bungie and 343, I find that his sudden introduction was a stroke of brilliance and he continues to be one of the most popular characters in the Halo universe.

My least favorite character also happens to be with the Covenant; specifically the Prophet of Regret. One of the three primary leaders of the Empire; he was brash, immature and pretty high-standard for his men. during the course of the games that he appeared; I found his personality annoying and in-game lore suggested that he was not the most popular among Covenant leadership.

If we're talking Pokémon; then I've got a few favorites. Besides the playable protags; I have to say N, Hugh, Colress, Cynthia, Alder, Steven, All of Team Skull, Professor Kukui and Lillie. Especially all the Sun and Moon characters; each of them was done really well and I have yet to find a SM character that I dislike.
    Least favorite? Probably Lysandre. Although I thought Team Flare made a pretty decent bad guy group, he was basically a flashier version of Cyrus that wanted to reset the world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AeroHail likes this.
  3. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I don't tend to hate characters but in Pokémon Black and White which is one my favorite Pokémon games. My favorite character of course was N in that games, he had a goal and it was a innocent goal. He just wanted to save Pokémon from harm.

While Ghetsis is my least favorite character over how abusive and using N for his own ideals. Not even other antagonist were as bad to their children. Giovanni didn't use Silver just left it while Ghetsis abused N's emotions for his Goal it sucks.

AeroHail likes this.
  4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My least favorite character in Gaming is probably Shauna from Pokémon XY. She is very clingy and so naive it is laughable. The more I play the games, the less I seem to like her. @「✧Vallicena✧」I get that Ghetsis is an incredible ass. But to me, he is something that can really happen, something that has happened. He is a lesson that you need to learn. To overcome. He has a purpose. Shauna, however, does not.

My favorite character is Corrin from Fire Emblem: Fates. I am going to talk about the character in the female pronoun as my Unit is female. The way she clings to her ideals and tries to make peace with both countries and herself for going into a war and that the war is partly fought because of her tugs at my heartstrings.

5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Fave: My boi Zaveid, who I'm married to btw
    Least fave: Big the cat, because I can't fucking fish

6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I understand about Shauna, But i'm a person to see personality instead of character roles. Ghetsis was used to show a lesson, Buy i didn't like N's reaction towards it he "goes" away instead of staring a new in Unova. Isn't a lesson too is to pick yourself up and start a new after that happening? ;w;

7. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    The best characters in gaming... let's see... Keep in mind that these are only from games I know very well, and I have other favorites that are just for pretty much no reason.

Not in order: Luigi because of how he can overcome his fears for the people he loves (#suckerforsidekicks), and Meta Knight because... he's just awesome and mysterious. Then for Pokémon, there's Silver because of how he grows as a person throughout the story, N (mentioned above), and of course, Lillie Gladion and Guzma, and everyone knows why I would love them. Then there's about half the major cast of Undertale, but I'll limit it to three. Asriel/Flowey for not only having the best villain introduction I have ever seen, but the sad story behind him. Obviously, Sans is so amazing of a character that he has become overrated. His complexity as a character is almost unmatched in any game ever. Last but certainly not least we have THE GREAT PAPYRUS! NYEHEHEH!!! I love this guy. Always makes me smile, because he is funny, smart when he needs to be, always sees the good in others, and is so kind and loving to everyone he meets. He values his relationships with others above all else, and is the only character in the entire game who will battle you, but never kill you. Except Asriel's Hyperdeath form, but he CAN'T kill you. So yeah. Some of the fanbase of Undertale is horrid sometimes, but this game is so popular almost two years after its release even without a sequel for a good reason.