1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite and Least Favorite "Helper" Character

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by eeveeongirl, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, but since characters that I refer to as "Helpers" appear in every game imaginable this seemed best.

The "helper" character may also be known to you as your partner, sidekick, or ally in a game. Their main point is to help the main character through the game by giving them information and perhaps assisting them in combat when necessary. Some examples are Midna, Kazooie, Clank, Daxter, etc. So who's the one that you always loved? Which one did you sometimes wish you could just get rid of? Tell us why

My favorite is Issun from Okami. Between his sarcastic and slightly selfish personality, helpful advice, and the humor he brings throughout the game, I just love him. Amaterasu wouldn't have been able to get through her adventure without him as her translator, as she cannot speak. He also has quite a back story that makes him all the more interesting. (if you want to know it then play the game or watch a walkthrough) Issun just made Okami all the more enjoyable. Oh and he doesn't interrupt you with any annoying noises mid game-which lead me too my least favorite...

Navi from Legend of Zelda: OoT, oh Navi. I just can't stand this little fairy, she's annoying and brings little to nothing to the storyline. Link probably would have been fine without her after he left the forest in the beginning of the game. As far as I can tell she has no real personality which never helped me develop any bond with her.

2. Ryex617

Ryex617 Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    My favorite helper character is Tatl from The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. I felt that she was pretty developed compared to Navi, and was generally less irritating.

My least favorite helper character? Kaepora Gaebora... Seriously, I didn't mind the Owl in Link's Awakening, he was pretty cool. But Kaepora Gaebora in Ocarina of Time is REALLY annoying! Not only does he talk nonstop about things most gamers could easily figure out themselves, but the "repeat" option in the text menu was the DEFAULT one... UGH!

Slugkid and hunduel like this.
  3. Mr.Slowpoke

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    Favorite Helper Is ISSUN From OKAMI

Least Fave is Spirit Zelda in Spirit Tracks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Tricky, from Star Fox Adventures. Good god, he was an annoying little shit.

As for favorite? Probably Aku Aku, from Crash Bandicoot. He wasn't always around, but I really liked that they gave him more personality, in Crash 3 onward, and not just some helpful witch doctor mask that you find lying around. I also like Daxter and Clank, but I haven't really played that much Jak and Daxter, and Clank can sometimes get annoying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    My favourite support characters are mounts and animals, especially dogs, wolves, and canine-type creatures, as they are the one who are always loyal to the main character. The only exception is the dog from Duck Hunting. Some of you maybe are too young to understand, but those who played the game with a zapper on NES (or NES clone), will only understand it how annoying it was. With it, I answered both the most and the least favourite supporters.

Ryex617 likes this.
  6. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    My favourite support character would probably have to be Claptrap from Borderlands. If you pay attention to everything he says, you'll find quite a few humorous lines. Even though most of the time he gets himself into trouble, I still can't help but love the guy.

Least favourite would have to be Tails from Sonic The Hedgehog. I just felt he got in the way and never really offered much other than the ability to hover for a bit.

7. William

William Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Hm...that'd be Skyrim for me, my 'followers' were actually pretty decent and at points could be rather helpful!

As for my least favorite, it would have to be...Fi, from the Legends of Zelda series.....I don't believe I have to explain why though :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.