1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Boss Battle

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by masterofmalor, Feb 18, 2017.

1. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    I think my favorite boss battle in a game has to be the fight against Jerginga from the Wonderful 101, its my favorite game of all time and had a kick-ass conclusion in the form of an intense multi-phase final boss. I made forced me to use all of my abilities and skills at the game to truly beat it. Also it had Quinton Flynn voice acting, what's not to love!

2. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    My favorite boss battle would have to be the final boss from Pikmin 2.

It's mainly because of nostalgia. That, and I really loved the battle music.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I never actually finished this boss battle because I was a dumb kid who couldn't, and still can't figure it out. But the fights between Count Bleck and Mr. L were so challenging, I spent hours upon hours playing that game and I could never beat the power of those bosses!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    When I was young(er), I had the original Drawn to Life game, and the water world boss and the final Shadow boss was HORRIBLE. I knew how to beat the angry anglerfish, but it was always attacking me. And the Shadow boss had a scorpion pet, which took forever to figure out. But it was otherwise fun.

5. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    My favorite boss battle is actually fighting the serpent in TWEWY. It's the boss battle where you have to dodge several snake heads. It was very difficult to dodge but it was still really fun to fight for some reason. In a close second would actually be Genesis in Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core even though it took me 3 hours and was really frustrating it still made me feel more accomplished after beating him since it was near the end.

6. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    Mine was against the Dedede Clones from Kirby: Planet Robobot! they were fun to fight!

7. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    The final boss fight of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is really cool. She's surrounded by these barriers that have to be taken out before you can get to her. It's a battle of endurance as you fight to stay alive from her strong magic attacks while you destroy the barriers. The most different feeling final FE boss fight in my mind.

8. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I've got a few favorite boss battles here.

-Argorok from LoZ TP

-
    Asriel Dreemurr
    from Undertale

-
    Sans
    also from Undertale

-Majora's Mask/Incarnation/Wrath From LoZ MM

9. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Some of my favorite bosses actually came from Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. Specifically, the second and third bosses, respectively called Spyke and Scorch.

When I was a kid, these bosses intimidated me. Spyke had a cool intro and awesome-looking boss stage, but his quick reactions caught me off guard more times than I can count. Oh, and he can use the ammunition Sgt. Byrd drops for you to use against you.

Scorch was also intimidating for me as a kid. He was specifically made to kill Spyro as a last line of defense, and it shows. He looked scary, his boss stage was set in the skeletal remains of a giant whale, and his theme music was incredibly ominous sounding. One of his main attacks was really impressive looking, and he summons annoying enemies (typically crabs and weasels running at you with explosives) to relentlessly attack you, including a clone of the first boss of the game! Yeesh...

The final boss, the Sorceress, was really disappointing though.

DecemberWildfire likes this.
  10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Agreed with Arc1Dragon. Sans' battle theme is amazing. I'll never do a genocide run in Undertale because I feel bad, but it's literally so good you have no idea. Spoilers ahead, but check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4IYjeplJA

Starts around the :20 mark. The true goosbumps-inducing parts start around :37. I don't think any song compares, there are many amazing ones but this one will always stick out to me. n//n

11. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,473.3
    Twilit Aquatic Morpheel in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I just love it and I really love stabbing Morpheel in the eye. When I latch onto it, I basically shout out, "DIE! DIE! DIE!" while I mash the B button.

12. kamoodle5

kamoodle5 Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.3
    Once I figure out how to beat a boss, it suddenly becomes easy and I grow a big liking to it. That's what happened when I discovered how to easily beat Boolossus in Luigi's Mansion. The Bowser battle in the same game is also one of my favorites.

13. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I always really enjoyed fighting Gulp and Ripto on Spyro 2.

14. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    THOSE ONES WERE SO GREAT.

*High fives fellow Spyro fan*

15. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Oh man, I have a ton of bosses I like that stick out in my mind. Basically all of the bosses in Okami are my favorite, but the final boss, especially- just because you get your powers stripped entirely and have to earn them back as the fight goes. Plus, you have to use basically every single ability you have in the fight, which is awesome. I love it when games do that.

I am also extremely partial to the final fight with Yaldabaoth in the Core in Xenoblade Chronicles, just because of the setting and the sheer sense of impending doom that you're trying to prevent (seriously, halfway through the fight you get a vision of an attack doing infinite damage to the continent-sized titan that everyone is living on, and you have to prevent that. It's nerve-wracking and amazing). Not even mentioning the plot-twists that come after the fight.

As far as recent games go, OH MAN the Leviathan fight in FFXV. I wan't expecting much going into that chapter of the game and not counting the fact that the chapter itself triggers a major tonal shift in the game that's goddamn great, but holy damn that fight. If you don't mind spoilers for the plot of FFXV, I HIGHLY recommend looking up footage of that fight. The atmosphere and mechanics and music and everything melds together into a masterpiece that I can only describe as an experience. It's not the most difficult boss, but it's not really meant to be one. Just the visuals and setting alone sets it among some of my favorite boss fights.

16. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Um Boolosus is a great one from the original Luigi's Mansion. But now I'd say Cole and Malladus fused in The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tacks

17. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Facing Death at Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls was the hardest thing ever. Every Calculation, Every position wasn't secure enough for me to beat them. I spent a lot of time thinking about new strategies and every finished with a counter-strike from my enemy.

Tried with Patterns, then meet new attack patterns and nothing seemed to work. I tried, tried and Death looked so powerful. Finally won and the next times even with harder difficulty it wasn't even a problem :3

18. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    My favorite Boss Battles is one you see in Bayonetta 2 when shes fights....ugh i forgot his name. I hardly play games anymore </3 I havent had money at all *cri* But one is in dangan ronpa against junko enoshima the mastermind. Its a fight of words though!

19. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My favorite boss battle is probab;y the Heirs of Fate DLC Map 6. The map where you only use the child units and have them fight against their parents. That is such an emotional moment. And the music is amazing.

20. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Mine was chicken griffin in rune factory frontier. A hilarious boss that is fun to battle, plus it triggers a cloning glitch.