1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite era in music

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Otter Mii-kun, Feb 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Most, if not all of us have our favorite years or period of years in music. Some enjoy the 'boy band' era from the late 1990s-early 2000s, others focus on the 1980s pop era, or disco from the 1970s, or anything else that's out there.

What is your favorite era in music? It doesn't have to be limited to during your lifetime, of course.

My all-time favorite music era would be the early (pre-British Invasion) rock-n-roll era from 1956-64. Back in the day, hits from that time period were covered by the 'traditional oldies' radio format, but, thanks to its target demographic moving into retirement age, advertisers think that demographic is no longer profitable, and most oldies stations have evolved into "classic hits" stations by dropping everything from before the 1970s, while adding late 1970s, 80s, and even early 90s songs to their playlists, resulting in the traditional format (typically covering from 1956-73) essentially becoming extinct on traditional terrestrial (AM and FM) radio these days.

2. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I tend to like early 2000's music. I don't know why, maybe because I don't really like today's music for a few reasons, and music back that was similar, yet different, in a good way. Maybe it's just me being delusional.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Gotta give it to 80s pop, there is something about it that is so upbeat and jamming, I always feel so motivated and raring to go when listening to that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I tend to really like the 80s Rock era and find myself listening to music from that era a lot.

5. Jhopthegamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽117.5
    gotta say anything from the 80s. except heavy metal or hip hop. just the classics and nothing else

6. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    The 60s were pretty good, man. But I would have to say the best time for good music is today! So many great indie artists out there.

7. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    2000-2010 for me! I also like the 90's but mostly the 2000's since a lot of good albums were released then. (Like Synthetic Generation by Deathstars)