1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Galar Gym Leader

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Nov 18, 2019.

1. yukako

yukako Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽134.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★
    allister's design is so cute and his personality is charming, plus ghost type leaders have a tendency to be very memorable

i guess bede doesn't really count but i love him too

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    @Wizard What did SAF just say, lol? This is about the Gym Leaders of Galar and Galar alone. I appreciate it, but I figured you would want to help remain on topic.

As for me, it's a tricky one. Piers was easily top tier, as was Raihan. However, I think my choice is going to settle with Kabu. For a couple of reasons.

One, I like his extremely serious attitude. I know it's weird to compliment him on something like that, but just step back and think for a moment. Almost every single other Gym Leader has a really loud personality to them (less so with the Shield Leaders I'm sure, but I played Sword, so...yeah). And out of all of them, Kabu seems to be the only one who treats his job with the honor and respect that the title of Gym Leader deserves. You can feel his burning passion smoldering behind those eyes and can't help but feel pumped by it to overcome him.

I also love the Gym Challenge, where you have to actually catch a Pokémon while a Gym Trainer battles with you and tries to screw you up, harkening back to the annoyances of the Gen IV doubles partners and actually weaponizing that here. Plus, I caught Soliana the Sizzlipede here, which became one of my main Pokémon that I eventually took all the way to the Hall of Fame. So, he has that going for him as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,434.8
    Whoops, I didnt see which section this was in. My bad.

My pick for favorite gym leader would have to be Opal. Her pink persona and theming was pretty funny to me. I don't have much else to say about her, but I thought she was a cute old lady at the least.

#23 Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    SAF and Kecleon like this.
  4. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    Gotta be Nessa. Even if fairy is my favorite type.

5. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Piers is great. Really wished he had a voice though, his intro cutscene would have been amazing with it!

Allister is baby too.