1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Gym Leader?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Beffie, Mar 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Gym Leaders. You battle them and if you win, you get a shiny new badge. They play important roles in helping you come closer to your path as Champion.

With that being said, is there a Gym Leader that stands out to you, or a Gym Leader that is your favorite? Share those thoughts below!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Clemont from XY. (and Bonnie). Even before I watched the anime I loved these smol yellow siblings.

Also Morty form Gold and SIlver. I dunno, I just really liked his design and ghost trainers are great!
    Also Jasmine from Gold and Silver too. I think she actually might have been the first favourite gym leader I had. She's so sweet and delicate and has this MASSIVE STEEL SNAKE Pokémon!

Edit: Roxie from BW2 too purely because I love her design!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Korrina from Shalour city gym, that's when I learned the true power of my favourite Pokémon (Lucario) ever since watching the amazing episode I give respect to her, definitely the best lucario gym leader

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think Maylene is one of my favorites, her humility and personality make her an interesting character. Although in the anime Byron is an amazinzing character who is a lo of fun.

5. Blazonix

Blazonix Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽788.8
    I really like so many it's hard to pin down just one...I'd have to go with Volkner. He was the first Gym Leader that made me stop and realize they were actual characters in a game, not just a bar to surpass. His depression and his need to create while in his depressive state really connected with me at the time.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I find it so hard to pick since I became so invested in a lot of the Sinnoh gym leaders thanks to the DP adventure manga. I really love Crasher Wake, he was just such a great positive guy, Fantia was just so mystical and her gym was really neat, Bryon was a hard ass but once his inner father figure came out he was a really amazing guy, and lastly Volkner, from the anime, his attitude for battling, the way he was I enjoyed the character a lot. I can't pick just one though

7. ElsaRivrwood

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.5
    I gotta go with Clair. Not only is she a dragon type gym leader, but I love how salty she is after you beat her. It just adds a nice little layer of character.

DecemberWildfire likes this.
  8. Pikachulover

Pikachulover Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    I love Misty and Brock. I've always been a fan of water type Pokémon, and rock types are awesome too!

9. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I liked Clemont because of Bonnie, and the brother sister idea made them feel more real in the games. I also seem to remember Ramos, with his awesome tree slide and giant pair of scissors...

10. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    So tough haha. As a young kid I always loved Sabrina and wanted to be her lol, even though I didn't really fully understand the whole psychic thing.

In more recent years, I've always really loved:

Winona: because back in the day I thought she had really cool hair and was so graceful, and I think it would be awesome to have so many flying types so you can soar around the skies with them :P
    Clair: as a kid I really enjoyed the episodes with her in the anime. And I just really love dragons types. They're my favorite.
    Jasmine: because Ampharos. I just love Ampharos so much. And even though it felt annoying sometimes, the little mission you have to go on in the games before battling her made things more interesting.
    (And the same could be said about Clair after you beat her)

11. Astronaut

Astronaut Swimmer

(Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽26.9
    My favorite gym leader has always been Volkner (8th gym DPP). I really like his design, and I always thought that as a final gym leader, he was the most difficult to beat, and therefore was my favorite. Electric gym leaders are my favorite, for sure!

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I used to love Morty a lot! But ever since his HGSS redesign he's looked a lot more mischievous, which doesn't fit the personality he had in the anime series originally at all. Not sure if I like that stark difference in design. He will always have a place in my heart though. ♡

So other favorites... Winona and Jasmine! Winona is beautiful and elegant, I love her design. Jasmine's a super nice character and reminds me a lot of myself, plus she uses a unique type you don't see trainers focusing on often in the games. From the boys, I love Roark and the Striaton trio. ^_^

OzoneFruit likes this.
  13. Astronaut

Astronaut Swimmer

(Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽26.9
    Did you say... Morty?
    [​IMG]
    But in all seriousness, I really liked Morty in GSC too. His character wasn't the same in HGSS which was obviously disappointing, but I think Game Freak probably though "he's the GHOST leader. He needs to be more....scary?"

14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Morty or Winona. The anime and the manga make Morty seem so much more than he is in the games. And Winona is just so graceful and one with the skies.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  15. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Clay and Roxie come to mind for me for this question.

16. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Sabrina and Rudy!

#16 Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My favourite Gym Leader has to be Let Surge. He trains my second favorite type of Pokémon, he's a badass veteran and just one line of dialogue from him about a war kicked off numerous fan theories and headcannons.

Aside from Surge, my other favourites are Byron, Clair and Volkner.

18. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Roxie is definitely one of my favorite gym leaders. She just wants to rock out. I can respect that.

19. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    #StickWithTheSurge

20. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Lieutenant Surge was pretty cool. He's a badass pilot, likes electric types (one of my favorites) and is American. Murica...hell yeah.

Honorable mentions are Koga, Juan, Candice :love:, Drayden and Fantina.