1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Gym Leader

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gazi, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I don't know if anybody else has talked about this, but I haven't seen anything, so I thought I would start something. Who is your favorite gym leader, and why are they your favorite? It can be based off of their Pokémon, their character designs, their personality, whatever. Any version of the gym leader is open for discussion.

One of my favorites is Blaine. His designs from the games (not so much the anime) are pretty cool but what I seriously love is how he is blood-brothers with Mewtwo in the Pokémon Adventures manga. I seriously love those books.

Lt. Surge and Koga tie for a close second though.

2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Winona :3 She's really underrated. Great character design (love that they went with the angelic look for her), and that Altaria of hers was a surprisingly tough opponen the first time I battled her. In the anime she also has not one, but two special Pokémon, a Shiny Swellow and a giant Skarmory, so that bumps her up on my Coolest Trainers list as well!

Apart from Winona, probably Brock. I know it's an old choice, but I just love how much personality he has. The fact that my own appearance has been compared to him probably helps too XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I don't really like most of the gym leaders. Its not that I hate them, I just look at them and think, meh. There are two exceptions though, Giovanni and Norman. Giovanni for obvious reasons, hes the leader of Team Rocket and the way he was used in game just made him look cool despite being evil. Norman didn't leave a lasting impression on me in the anime. In the games, he was the first and only confirmed father of our hero, but he didn't get much in personality. The real reason I love Norman is his personality in the Pokémon Adventures manga. In that story, hes a "don't give a fudge," beast who's the strongest of all the Hoenn gym leaders. By far my favorite iteration of any gym leader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I really like most of the gym leaders, but I'd say my favorites are Fantina,Volkner, or Drayden. I really liked Fantina's overall design and flamboyant personality. She seemed like a cool aunt type to me. Plus, she was always a tough opponent.

Volkner, I think, was an interesting dynamic in how he was so bored with his job and thus didn't want to battle. It kind of made me question if other gym leaders or elite four members felt the same, especially those in the later gyms. He's broody, but super cool, and I love that he's a foil to Flint.

Drayden is just badass. I mean, have you seen his beard? His design just exudes power and intimidation. That man is 100% a badass.

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    My top two are Drayden, cause from what I've played, he's the hardest Gym Leader in the games (I spent so long grinding to beat this guy), and the Twins in ORAS cause they're different from all the other gym leaders cause you have to battle them in a double battle and I haven't seen that anywhere else.

6. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Hmm...I'd say Grimsley. Cool dude, dark is a cool type, and--Wait, what? He's an E4 member, not a gym leader?...Well crud.

Ok then...I'll say Whitney.
    hAHA NO THATS A JOKE IM KIDDING :V

Honestly though, there are no gym leaders I really like that much. It's just...eh.

7. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Misty (POKéSHIPPING FOREVER XAXAXA)

But if that does not counts, then Falkner, Wake, Giovanni and Morty.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My favourites are probably Volkner and Valerie. No particular reason, I just like them.
    I like a lot of the Gen III and V Gym leaders too.

9. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Whhaaa- no love for Elesa? The Unova Electric Gym leader?
    I like her cause she's attractive because her character design is just... So cool
    I love her type expert/world leaders team, with her ampharos and her luxray... In a couple of her teams she has Joltik too which is another favorite.

Anyways, definitely Elesa and Drayden are up there in my favorites

DemonicKraken likes this.
  10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Sabrina has and will always be my favourite Gym Leader. ♥

11. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My favorite Gym Leader is Norman, he's one of the only characters in the entire series aside from like the boss of an evil team or the Champion that has any build-up.

He is established right from the beginning of the Hoenn titles and you work through the first 4 Gyms waiting for the chance to battle your father of all people. He also has what I feel is a pretty strong team, not overpowered like some, but a good challenge.