1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite New Mega Evolution in ORAS

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Wizard, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,355.6
    I'm going to have to go with Mega Gallade. Not only did it allow for a little bit of plot variety by giving one to Wally, it is a pretty cool looking Pokémon that hits hard and fast.

The title pretty much asks it all: what was your favorite new mega evolution in ORAS? Did you see this mega coming before the games were announced? Why is this mega Pokémon your favorite? What was your least favorite? Why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I don't know why but Megta Beedril is so beast looking. I've never used it unfortunately, due to many reasons, the biggest being that I haven't gotten a weedle and the stone in the same game, before I restart it. I just like the way it's designed. Powerful, without being over the top

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    MegaAltaria was rad. I mean it got even fluffier and honestly, got a better type combination. I thought it really improved on the beautiful Altaria!

4. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    mega sceptile is hands down my fav. he now has battle worthy stats, dragon typing for dragon pulse, and his design is just plain awesome

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    With Altaria, I was hoping for something more storm-cloud like. Rather than Fairy-influenced, maybe being part Electric or with an otherwise Electric-boosting ability to help that side of it. Not that I dislike what was executed, just my plan would have been in a different direction.

Nobody should be surprised to hear me suggest Mega Steelix, who I think was so well-made with everything about his new design. The diamond-like protrusions signifying its high-pressure habitat, those awesome shards of metal orbiting him either showing powerful controlled magnetism or gravity, that hyper-masculine jaw that's almost as macho as Batman's or the Crimson Chin's. So cool, I just wish he had a better ability and some of his Mega-stats redirected to Special Defense, which would match his diamonds well.

My least favorite: Salamence. It's just so weird. It seems less capable than before. Its arms are retracted and now useless, its wings are immobile, I just don't get it.

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I have to go with Mega Gallade like Wizard. It not only is one of my favorite megas to battle with but its design is also super cool. I really hope it comes to Pokken Tournament or something because Mega Gallade is amaze.

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I personally love Mega Salamence! I don't really know why though, it's just that I find it a very cool design. I don't own a (self-trained) Salamence so I can't use my Salamencite, but I still love his design!

8. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    I gotta go with mega swampert. He's been my favorite starter ever, ever since I owned gen3 originally and the design is actually really cool. He looks like so much more of a fighter than blaziken now, he'd be super cool to see in pokken :)

9. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I like mega kangaskhan, but only because of the new strategies you can use it for. I mean, it's fast, it hits hard (and twice!!!), and fake out works really well with it.

10. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I really like mega loppuny! Scrappy gave it a huge advantage since it's got a mostly normal-fighting movepool, made it fighting too to get STAB on stuff like high jump kick, and made it super strong and scary fast. This thing is a monster and I love it, I don't know why it isn't used much.

11. WheetWeew

WheetWeew Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Mega Ampharos. Ampharos has always been my favorite electric type, so him getting a mega was cool. The dragon typing made it even better. I feel like Ampharos should've been an Electric/Dragon type from the start.

12. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    I am quite in love with Mega Audino for multipe reasons, the main one being how hard it is to take down with its ridiculously good defensive stats combined with a vast movepool, allowing it to stall out, or straight out KO several threats. Plus just look at it; how can you not like it?

[​IMG]

13. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Definitely either Mega Gardivoir or Mega Gengar. I more like gengar mainly because it looks like a cooler gengar and Gardivoir because it looks amazing.

14. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    No Mega-Pidgeot love? Aw.

My two favorites are Megas Sceptile and Pidgeot. Sceptile because despite the 4x weakness to Ice, Grass/Dragon is pretty great imo. Plus the design is awesome. Christmas tree-butt.
    Mega Pidgeot because it's a much needed improvement to Pidgeot. And No Guard Hurricane and Heat Wave? Nice.
    And I like the headfeathers lmao.

15. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Seconded. I've always loved Altaria but it was never really viable in battle. Now there's tons of cool movesets for it like DD or Cotton Guard to make it useful again. Plus it's basically a big ball of fairy fluff and it's super cute and beautiful :3

16. James95

James95 Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    It's Mega Lopunny for me. I'm a fan of ladylike Pokémon so she fit. Also, having access to scrappy and power-up punch is pretty cool.

17. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Mega Metagross or Mega Gallade, I am currently training up a 5IV Ralts to use against my friends. The Knight will become a vital part of my team. And to be honest Metagross is just amazing!

18. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,934.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Mega Pidgeot, good to see it get some love I really like its design and I like using it too. No Guard Hurricne and Heat Wave yes please.

19. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    I gotta say Mega Sceptile.

20. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Oh man, ORAS introduced so many awesome Megas- but my favorite is still Mega Rayquaza. Rayquaza has always been one of my favorite Pokémon, and its Mega Evolution is absolutely glorious. It's powerful as hell, its design is sleek and menacing but beautiful, and its involvement in the story is awesome. I couldn't have thought of a better design for a Mega Rayquaza myself, it's absolutely perfect.

Out of the ORAS Megas, I also really like Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill. I really love the design of Mega Sceptile, even though it isn't a lot different from its regular form, the changes they added really helped it stand out and look more menacing. Mega Beedrill is an amazing design as well- and absolutely hilarious because its stats are minmaxed to hell and back, haha. Seriously, 150 attack and 15 special attack. I dare anyone to try to run a special Mega Beedrill just for laughs. Regardless of that, though, it's super fun to use in battle, and it hits like a truck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.