1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Nintendo Direct Reveal From Today

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Arc1Dragon, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    What were your guy's favorite reveal from today's Nintendo Direct? Some of my favorites were Minecraft 3DS and the USUM news.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Odyssey, to be sure. I love just about everything else, but Odyssey was definitely the best part.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    The USUM stuff was pretty neat. I'm interested to see how Necrozma ties in with this new story.

4. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Fire Emblem Warrior And Pokémon USUM.

Gosh,The Story That Feature In Pokémon USUM Is So Epic-I Can't Wait For The Full Story!

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Now that I have vented all of the shitposts out of my system, I can put my thoughts together and note on the features or trailers in the Direct that I found particularly noteworthy, or at least things I liked or that stood out.

Here's my basic list of thoughts:

:: The Superstar Saga remake trailer showed absolutely nothing new. That's...surprising. I'm excited for the game, but why state what we already knew?

:: Etrian Odyssey V has a demo!? Sign me up.

:: ...I kinda want that Mario Party minigame compilation.

:: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looked pretty snazzy, all things considered. I am sure I would have appreciated it more if I had any idea what they were talking about. They showed off the game...quite a bit, which isn't surprising, since Xenoblade is an expansive and intricate universe. .........Dang, that's a lot of XC2. I'm going to be here a while, aren't I?

:: Oh hi there, Lyn! Fancy meeting you here!

:: Snipperclips got an update? This is going to generate all kinds of awkward giggling all over again. I'm not sure how to feel about this, but I can be sure that chaos will reign.

:: Morphie's Law, just like Superstar Saga, showed absolutely nothing new about it, since it was shown off in a previous trailer. It's still enjoyable to watch - for me, at least.

:: DOOM and Wolfenstein II on Switch? Now we're talking. That will draw in a lot of people, and for good reason; they are well-beloved classics that are very nice ways to unwind.

:: Those Breath of the Wild Miis look nice. They come with snazzy helmets too.

:: Project Octopath looks interesting at first glance, but I won't hold my breath.

:: Four Swords Kirby? I know this title was announced a few months prior, but I didn't even know it existed until now. Also, Dedede is swole as all get-out and I can't look away.

:: And lastly, Super Mario Odyssey. I know that the game certainly isn't my kind of game, but wow does it look absolutely fantastic. I'm getting Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Galaxy vibes from it, with just a touch of LoZ The Minish Cap mixed in. The screenshot-sharing feature is equally fantastic, and just one of many ways to draw people in. They have certainly heightened expectations for Odyssey, and I certainly hope it will deliver; it's like watching what happens when Nintendo tries to follow up on Breath of the Wild, and SM Odyssey was the result.

The part that is of the most interest to me is a certain other Odyssey, ahaha, but I'll admit that there was a lot of material in this Direct - good and boring alike. Clearly we will have a lot to look forward to.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    It's not a reveal as such but the Mario Odyssey was amazing.

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    USUM was really cool, the new UBs were really neat.
    Also I liked Odessy of course, it just keeps on getting more entertaining and fun!
    Lastly Project Octopath (working title) looks great and freash. I would love to play that game but I dont actually own a switch!

Eclipse, you aren't alone, I want that mario party game too.

8. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Pretty sure Project Octopath is for the 3DS though, might be wrong. I agree that it looks fresh and unique. So excited for it.

Edit: Nvm I'm wrong it is the switch, whelp another reason to purchase a switch

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Yeah, I wish they would make more games for the 3DS since they just pushed out another version of the system.