1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Non-Video Game Spinoffs?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by BZRich64, Aug 20, 2020.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    What once started as a humble pair of video games quickly branched out into other mediums and now the Pokémon franchise seems to stretch out into just about every form of media available across the globe. With so many different anime, manga, songs, toys and games, plus at least one stage musical and an old comic strip, everyone is bound to have their own personal preferences of what parts of the franchise have been good and which have been bad. Thus, it might be fun to share what non-video game entries in the franchise we each like best (or worst).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My favourite I guess would be the anime, especially Seasons 1-9 and 23; I do believe 6-9 (AG) be the peak of the series though, with the story, animation, characters and songs~
    The Mystery Dungeon episodes be swell too; I wish they would expand it to a full series~!
    Other ones

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My favorite non video-game things from Pokémon is the Pokémon Adventures manga. I like the somewhat darker themes, the deeper lore, and the charicterization they give to everybody. I've only read the red/blue, yellow, gold/silver/crystal chapters, but I still love them.

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    At varying stages of my life, I have enjoyed segments of the Pokémon Anime. It is hard to pinpoint what my absolute favorite region is, but Brock always made the show fun for me. There is a lot of good content in the anime for all to enjoy. I have never read a manga and only have one deck of Pokémon cards, so my options here are pretty limited.

5. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Underrated choice, but I think the TCG was the most universally successful enterprise Pokémon managed to spin itself into. All respect for the manga and anime, but the way that Pokémon has not only managed to keep its card game afloat, but absolutely thriving, shows how great of a game it is for both collecting and playing.

Simple to pick up, very hard but very rewarding to master. What's not to love?

Jeydis likes this.