1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime Favorite of Ash's pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gazi, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Ash has had a lot of Pokémon, with a lot of different personalities and characteristics. What are your top 3 favorite of his Pokémon, based on their personalities and stories? Why?

My favorites are Rockruff. I haven't gotten to the episodes of Sun and moon where Rockruff evolves, but as he is he's the most adorable, friendly little Pokémon. And Rockruff is also eager to battle and get stronger. He's a lot like Ash, without being identical to him.

Gliscor. I really like how sensitive Gliscor is, and how eager he is to help. He's just fun to watch.

And finally, Infernape. He's strong, fun, sensitive, and he was really cute as a Chimchar. Ash's Infernape is basically everything that I want from a Pokémon. I know that some people think that Infernape is just a ripoff of Charizard, but even if that's true, and I don't think it is, in my opinion, it was done better with Infernape. I loved his story arch and development. Infernape has worked really hard to get where he is, and I've really loved watching him get stronger.

Anyways, what about you guys? Who are your favorites?

2. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Aipom/Ambipom for me. The way they interacted with Ash was just great and I was sad to see Ash let him go :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I kinda gave up on the anime once I saw Sun and Moon. No offense to the people who like the name but I feel like the art style went down hill, I don't really like how it differs from the games since sun and moon heavily rely on their story and characters. Ash also hasn't really seemed to improve at all. He's still as incompetent as ever and still annoys the ever loving dun heap out of me. I haven't even watched a full episode so if any of this is false I apologize if I come off as a shmuck. Wait, what was this thread about again? Ah, yes. Ash's Pokémon...

1. Charizard: What can I say, I'm a sucker for the OG team. Charizard has also gotten so much better with him actually listening and training in Charisific Valley. I just wished he actually used him and I don't know, maybe... MAKE A TEAM WITH THE POWERFUL Pokémon YOU HAVE AT YOUR DISPOSAL!!!!!!

2. Totofile: I'm totally not biased about this even though my favorite Pokémon is Feraligtr. Yep, it's totally not also about the fact that I have nostalgia of when I played my first Pokémon game (Soul Silver if you were wondering.) He's full of energy and so happy. I just wish Ash would bring him back and evolve him and make him a Feraligtr.

Can't think of a third one...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I love a lot of Ash's Pokémon, so it is very hard to narrow this down. So honorable mentions to Charizard, Goodra, Squirtle, Totodile, Staraptor, Sceptile, Hawlucha, Krookodile, Snivy, Muk, Oshawott, and Gliscor. Yikes, that's a lot...

3. Greninja. This one is based on several key factors: how cool it is, how it always stays calm, the Ash-Greninja thing, and did I mention how dang cool this thing was?!? I love its bond with Ash, which while unique, is not the strongest between Ash and one of his Pokémon. Probably top five though. Ash's strongest Pokémon gets number 3.

2. Infernape. Speaking of Ash's strongest Pokémon, Infernape is pretty high up on the list. I loved it's development from timid little Chimchar to strong, confident, ready to utterly DESTROY that jerkface Paul, Infernape. The story is so heartwarming, but you have all heard it by now, so on to number 1.

1. Bulbasaur. Okay, no, I'm not a Genwunner. And I know I might get some backlash for choosing this over Charizard or Sceptile or Pikachu. But you do have to admit that it is kind of fitting for the first in the Dex to get first place. In terms of a backstory, Bulbasaur's isn't as sad as Charizard's or Infernape's, but it cements why he is so loyal to Ash. Ash is the first human he is able to completely trust (except that one girl in charge of the secret garden thingy). What made me connect with Bulbasaur the most is its personality. It is always the one trying to keep the peace. It is reliable and determined enough to defeat foes far stronger than it, and wants to do so without evolving. It reacts to Heracross's "teasing" in a way much like I probably would. And it always uses sound logic to overcome any situation that it must face without Ash's help. This is why I love Bulbasaur so much: I relate to it the most. Relatability is what makes many fictional characters so loved, and Pokémon are no exceptions for me.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I haven't watched much of the anime, but judging from what I have seen Snivy is my favourite. I know I'm probably a bit biased with that since Snivy is one of my favourite Pokémon, but I just love her (?) personality :)

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I'll have to say the Pokémon that came into my mind after reading the thread's title was Charizard. I mean, come one, Charizard is strong and big.

Second will be Greninja. Its strong, fast and good looking as well.

Third might be Infernape. It is powerful.

7. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm kinda biased because Sceptile is my favorite Pokémon, but c'mon, Ash's Sceptile was awesome.

8. lia

lia Swimmer

Charmander
    (Charmander)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6.0
    my favorite of his Pokémon is charizard

9. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Greninja because of ash greninja.
    I still don’t understand why he released him

10. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I loved Ash's Grovyle in the Advanced series. It had so much class and sass.

11. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Ash had some great Pokémon in Sinnoh. His Gliscor, Infernape, Staraptor, and even Buizel were all pretty epic. That being said, his Torterra had so much potential... yet, for some reason, it lost in every battle that wasn't against Team Rocket. Despite this, for some reason, his Torterra remains one of my favorites of all the Pokémon he's had. I also think Ash's Sceptile was just incredibly badass, and always super powerful. That thing never failed to deliver!