1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite (or first) Nintendo console

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ShadowBrute, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Gamecube! It happens to be my first and favorite. That thing had such great games, Kirby's Air Ride, Sonic Riders, Pokémon Colosseum/ XD Gale of Darkness, Legend of Zelda 4 Swords Adventure, the list goes on and on. And the gamecube controller is just so perfect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WroughtIronX

WroughtIronX Still_Burning

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    First I ever PLAYED was the Gamecube. First I ever owned was the Gameboy Colour. I still have it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    First I owned and played was an SNES way back when I was a wee 5 year old still living in Russia. Super Mario World was my obsession, hehe. Then came the GBC when I moved to the US and got addicted to Pokémon. Ah the memories!!

4. Brock

Brock Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    The first Nintendo console I had was the Gameboy Color, or the N64 not counting handhelds. I'd say those are my favorites thanks to nostalgia. I wasn't a huge fan of the Gamecube and the Wii was gimmicky but I had some good times with it. Nintendo has the best franchises though so they don't need good consoles.

5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Well my first and only Nintendo console is the 3DS, so I guess that's my favorite? Actually no, my favorite is definitely the N64, so many great games that still hold up to today's standards :D

6. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    My first Nintendo system was I believe the Gameboy Advance. My favorite is surprisingly funny, the 3ds, I just like the 3D feel to it.

7. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    My favorite one is the 3DS because I prefer handhelds and the 3DS has such a great library. Pokémon X/Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, Smash 3DS, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies to name a few.

My first was actually a SEGA Genesis way back when I was really young, so yeah I didn't start with Nintendo. I played Sonic before Mario which is kind of funny. No wonder I like Sonic so much even though I only really like one Sonic game. To be fair, that one Sonic game is amazing (Sonic Adventure 2) and Sonic games always have amazing soundtracks no matter how bad the gameplay is. Mario is more consistently great which is why its stronger overall.

8. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    My first Nintendo system was a Gameboy Pocket. Oh man, those were the days. No backlight... no colors...

My favorite so far is probably my good ol 3DS XL. :) Nintendo's come a long way, even if they are still kind of lagging behind the other gaming companies in some ways.

Edit: In terms of non-handheld consoles... the only one I've actually owned is a Wii U. I never had consoles growing up, except when I visited other people.

9. Byakblade

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.0
    My first ever consol was a Gameboy Advance (Tenically not a consol but it was my first real gaming system.) My favorite is probably the Wii or Gamecube.

10. FanaticLaGuy06

FanaticLaGuy06 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My favorite Nintendo console was definitely the Super Nintendo. I could play that thing for hours, but I don'thave one anymore. Even though other Nintendo consoles have definitely improved in games and quality, they just don't capture the magic the super Nintendo captured for me. Some of my favorite games on that console were Super Mario Kart, Circus Mystery, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 2, Chrono Trigger, Mario Paint, Tetris Attack, and Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

11. Innocence

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My favourite is probably the Nintendo SP, just 'cause of all the ruckus it made when you discovered you didn't need a lamp on when you played your games at night, or in the dark. Good times.

12. VeryButter

VeryButter Overly Buttered Artist

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    The first Nintendo console I've ever had (and the only one so far) is my brother's red 3DS XL. I mean, we got it just so we can play Pokémon [​IMG]

13. LadyCharizard

Flurry
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽22.9
    My first Nintendo console was the big, chunky, yellow brick-like GameBoy that I shared with my older brother (we mostly played Red version together).

My favourite, though, seems to be the 3DS...^^;

14. BlottoGoggles

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.4
    I think my first was a Atomic Purple Gameboy Color :)

15. PixelPaintbrush

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    My first Nintendo console was the SNES, Loved the living crap outta that thing...it's still my favorite console...second one has to be my 3DS handled and PSP equally!

16. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    My first consoles were the SNES and the N64, both of which have been around our house since before I was born (as they were originally bought for my older brother). There's something about them that I've always found very charming, and as a result they're probably my favorites; as a toddler I racked up a lot of hours on games like Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World, and Diddy Kong Racing. It's a hard choice because I also love the Gamecube a lot. ;;

17. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    First: Well, I have a lot of older siblings so I think the SNES was the first.
    Favorite: I really love the 3ds. The 3d effect is amazing :)

18. xKiYoMiNaTiONx

PokéPoints:
    ₽112.2
    Gah, I think my first nintendo console I have ever owned, was actually a hand-me-down from a relative, the original NES. Yep... not even the Super NES, or the N64... the NES lol... I used to play games like Mario, and Duck Hunt...(which I miss playing lmao)...

My favorite console though, would have to be the Nintendo DS Lite... (only because you were able to play both the DS games and GBA games.)... I miss my DS Lite =(

19. AdvancedRoronoaZoro

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    My first Nintendo console was a Gameboy Color. And I also had Pokémon Crystal along with it. Great times. But my favorite console would have to be the Gameboy Advance SP. Just because it can play both Advance and original games.

20. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    My first ever console was a White Nintendo DS Lite that I won in a contest.
    And yes, it is stil my favorite console. :) I like handheld consoles because they offer more privacy... I hate it when people watch me play Wii games. -.- Plus, the DS has all sorts of awesome games and can even play GBA games ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.